+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: If you like PVP, Don't buy Rift!

Rift Disciple

Default If you like PVP, Don't buy Rift!

Just look at any third party website and you will see... no one mentions rift's pvp as a reason to buy the game.

That's because rift has one the biggest gear-gaps ever put into a mmo.

At rank 26, I can kill a rank 10 player in 2 or 3 seconds; in comparison should I run into a rank 40 player, I feel absolutely helpless against them.

Some will say, just grind it out to level 40... well I get on average 1000 favor points per game of pvp. I need 67,200 points to gain one rank.. so I can expect to play 938 more more battle grounds before I see max rank. That's the kind of grind that would make a korean developer blush.

Some would say that with Rift's gear-matching system, people don't often face people not in their gear range; those people are liars. I see a rank 40 in almost every battle ground, they are easy to spot, they're the ones standing in front of the graveyard, yelling taunts, fighting people 5 at a time, and their winning.

The next massively unbalanced thing in pvp is cleric healing. Bards and Chloromancers have to do damage to heal, so since damage is reduced 40% in pvp, so is much of their effective healing. Clerics on the other hand don't need to do damage, and thus have no penalty when healing in pvp. The result is, after rank 40s, if your side has more clerics, you win.

All the squabbling about pyro's, NB rogues, or warriors being OP goes no where, the balancing amounts to nothing, because a cleric can out-heal every OP class's damage with ease.

A simple nerf to some cleric healing spells, when flagged for pvp, would fix so much...

A simple reduction in the stats of pvp gear, at all ranks, would fix so much....

All 1.7 did was create massive twinking at lower level brackets of pvp, which shows us two things.

1. People do want to play pvp, for the sake of playing pvp.

2. Those same people want nothing to do with the absurd gear-gap / gear-grind, and praying for a cleric.

If you like instanced pvp, now is the time to get into RIFT.
    If you hate end lvl grindy pvp or world pvp, RIFT can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Pz View Post
    That's because rift has one the biggest gear-gaps ever put into a mmo.
    I came from eq2, this makes me laugh really really hard. If you think that, you have not seen what a real gear gap is. Ah I remember my full raid geared wizard 1 shotted tanks in full pvp gear. Man this crowd would have had a fit.

Also, you should have seen Fusion double attacks 1 shot 6 players at once. You guys have no idea what OP gear gaps even are if you consider this game to house one of them.

I think the pvp in this game is just fine and I have fun doing it. Only time it's not fun is when I can't find people to kill. But then I make my own fun anyway >.>
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-20-2012 at 09:17 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

I have 2 r40 toons and it is not hard. If you spent more time grinding and less time complaining, maybe you'd be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You guys have no idea what OP gear gaps even are if you consider this game to house one of them.
    Most these people are from wow and expect their pvp to be a moba.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-20-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Not even one of the biggest gear gap within the past 5 years.

I feel bad for Trion, honestly. People will cry about a nonexistent "gear gap" until rank 2 gear is better than R40 gear.
    ~Quiescent

Soulwalker

LOL At the gear gap comment. The gear cap is incredibly forgiving in RIFT compared to most any other MMO I've ever played.

Apparently the OP has never played wow where you have to be a certain ranking to even purchase gear, and if you lose matches, you lose rank. The OP has no idea how EZ mode pvp gear is to get in this game. But I digress, go play some other MMO and stop cluttering up my forums with your tears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Apparently the OP has never played wow where you have to be a certain ranking to even purchase gear, and if you lose matches, you lose rank. The OP has no idea how EZ mode pvp gear is to get in this game. But I digress, go play some other MMO and stop cluttering up my forums with your tears.
    Please take this advice....lol gear gap

I still think everyone should get r8 gear soon as they hit 50, wanna know why?

YOU WOULD STILL F**KING SUCK
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Plane Touched

Grind in Rift is very easy....the gear imbalances not so much so.
    I think the grindiest game I ever played was Aion. Also when I played it (maybe still??) a single twink could single handedly take out an entire group of tank/heals/dps playing the same level range zone, it definetly had Rift beat on gear imbalances as well.

Rift Disciple

The illusion of gear gap vol. 13

Have you ever considered that most people on max level beat you by their experience? RIFT doesn't have a huge skillcap, but the right runes, the right soulbuild and the right timing for skills make the difference.
    Last edited by Ax1om; 02-20-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    BEST ROGUE EU

Plane Touched

don't know what the heck some people are smoking.

Max rank gear with full PA vs. entry level epics and no PA will do more than twice the dps (or hps for healers) and it will take you many months of extremely hardcore playing to catch up currently.
    Last edited by Ezariel; 02-20-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Rift Disciple

Gear gap and grinding?
    You dont even know what that REALLY is if you didnt play Vanilla WoW.
    1m honor grinded a week for HWL- for six months. *for you derps that dont know thats about 16 hours a day* More if you had someone trying to steal that #1 spot from you.
    2 minute mages one shotting people.
    Premades roflstomping pugs all day.
    Trion has done a great job trying to create decent pvp.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it.
    Better yet... dont.
    Unsubscribe.
    You are probably one of the baddies I have to heal in wfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Pz View Post
    If you like PVP, Don't buy Rift!
    If you're mad at games, don't pvp!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanel32 View Post
    A little sexism each day keeps the bikini's at bay.. nothing to see here folks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast