+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So that one match of escalation...

Plane Walker

Default So that one match of escalation...

Made me realize how much more I don't like playing in whitefall steppe.

The variation of steppe is a nice off-center, and it's nicely thought out with a timer on the stone spawns, but why do stones not spawn until the first one is captured? The order goes as 1->1->1->2, which means that even if your team is down by one, they can still win it by getting the last two. The problem is though that no stones spawn until the previous one is captured. At this point it reminds me of a cross between black garden mass aoe spamming, and regular steppe where we have to go base camp to get stone.
    But when the carrier doesn't turn the stone in, it's a literal 19:55 minutes of back and forth fighting until they decide to cap stone and win. Of course there's that magical group that goes into the enemy camp to retrieve stone, but that's pretty unrealistic nowadays (seriously, I miss the old steppes when there weren't that many runners/ turtles in the back.)
    The problem is is that there is no opposing downside to just holding the meal ticket in front of everybody's starving face. Sure they held the stone right until the end and people get 2-5k worth of favor in the 20 minutes they made about 39 other people wait (both sides with a full warfront. Or was it 25 a side? I forgot.) It's very time consuming. I wouldn't mind of course if it wasn't so dull, as I experienced myself that it was pure sitting on your butt and waiting for auto-target to pick something up and hit. Though that's just me eradibotting the xxx's amount of cleric buff/hot in a row.

However with some certain players on the guardian side exploiting (we've been here before, just on a different warfront type) some sort of map thing, it literally is just a waste of time as the carrier can sit in that spot the whole game and leech, maybe even go make a snack. The actions of the player affect the game after all. But should a single player make 39 others just wait until the last seconds before so-called "winning" the warfront? Today we pretty much killed whatever guardian came out (not many after they realized they didn't have to do anything and still win) and only received about 3k (2k plus 1k for losing, probably less) favor while guardians get the massive boost of 2k favor, added to their favor total (them people be having 5k favors), we call win?

This isn't necessarily the case as some people like to do it the old fashioned way (just holding it in general reach),though if anybody knows how to map exploit, their team mate that picked stone up could just mount and drop while the exploiter picks up the stone and go into his special spot.

Can we get some sort of "auto-drop" back to the middle instead of being able to infinitely carry for escalation? Or such as something where the stone can never drop and if not captured in say, 2-3 minutes, it spawns back in the middle? Even better is that stones spawn even after the first one isn't capped.

Oh, and give defiants more healers. I'm averaging 20k heals taken a warfront the past few weeks and I want my own pocket healer like the guardian warriors and their 60k+ heals taken a warfront. (my 2 qq)

Quote Originally Posted by Rozel View Post
    Oh, and give defiants more healers. I'm averaging 20k heals taken a warfront the past few weeks and I want my own pocket healer like the guardian warriors and their 60k+ heals taken a warfront. (my 2 qq)
    Lets hope TRION adds "defiant healers" in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozel View Post
    Are you on a US or Oceanic server? Because I want to go there!

**** man I WISH I got those type of heals, what battlegroup you on so I can move my warrior over there and get those kinda heals?

+ Reply to Thread