+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Repster

Thread: Warriors still the least represented class in a Warfront

Rift Chaser

Default Warriors still the least represented class in a Warfront

Not saying warriors blow, I think they are a pretty good class now. Just pointing out of all the classes you see, the least are warriors. You can always tell if a class is OP or not by the number you see playing in warfronts. The only niche warriors fill is damage sponge.

NB/RS rogues have just as much survivability (more when their cool downs are up) and great escape mechanisms. Rogues also make the best runners in the game and in runner mode are almost impossible to stop with less then 5 people.

Clerics - if your team doesn't have any clerics you will probably lose. Not much more needs to be said here.

Mages - Yeah your team can get by without having any mages. I've seen teams of nothing but rogues and a couple of clerics own balanced teams. Mages still offer a lot to a group, I like my R40 mage.

OP players > OP specs

I think all the callings are fine in the hands of a proper player atm. As I also think all of the callings are flimsy in the hands of a bad player.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

After playing Whitefall escalation for a while, it's generally the team with more Warrior/Cleric combos that win. And/or a Rogue or two to run flags.

But yeah, I'd love to see more Warriors in WFs.
    Last edited by Zaros; 02-19-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Prophet of Telara

Warriors are great, and probably the most important class in organized pvp. (besides clerics obv)
    Last edited by Seether; 02-19-2012 at 11:42 AM.

I agree fully with this thread, it sucks majorly when your team are all ranged dps and you're part of the frontline of 2 warriors running into 8+ people.

The fact that we're unrepresented is largely because everyone rerolled when we weren't quite as good and no one raves about how OP we are like they do about the mages and rogues (This knd of QQ is essentially advertising).
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

I'd love to see more warriors on my team at least. It gets tiring seeing healing cleric forced to hold the front line.

Champion of Telara

Only thing I would really like to see warriors get at this point is a few defensive/mobility cds. More useful, situational and cd finishers would also be nice.

Really think they should stay away from focusing on making warriors DPS specs the most desired pvp specs or most viable. Warriors specialize in tanking - they really need to figure out how to make the role of a tank a viable role in a WF/group setting. As I've said in other threads - mages/rogues/clerics - the thing our callings specialize and excel the most in are viable WF specs. The thing warriors do best is NOT a good WF role. This is why warriors are in a weird spot with a hard finger to put on what the problem is.

I still like Eq2's route they went with tanks in pvp. It could be a game changing difference if you had a tank who could taunt and use defensive CD's properly. Without tanks healers were always vulnerable and so were the squishiest hard hitting DPS. I remember doing battlegrounds in Eq2 with beastmode tanks who had pro aoe aggro control and could really take the concept of 'protecting the healer' to a new level. A few taunts were short duration force taunts. And most other taunts could simply be be countered by forcing yourself to re-target. I wasn't scared of DPS fighters in Eq2. But I knew it was trouble when they had a beast Crusader in steel wall mode taunting the hell out of everyone who comes close to the squishiest. And that is where Eq2 created an avenue to really get respectable pro tanks. A single pro tank could make just as much difference as a healer, especially if you didn't have one. A full up tank could really eat a lot of damage and play the protective role they specialize in.

This could slide in either way of not effective enough or overly effective if implemented. But even if that idea is not used, I think the warrior direction for pvp needs to focus more on the viability of a tank role. I think their DPS roles are fine atm. But it's not their *main* thing as a calling.

Warrior - 4 defensive souls, 4 offensive souls.

Mage - 5 offensive souls, 2 support souls, 1 healing soul

Rogue - 6 offensive souls, 1 offensive, 1 support

Cleric - 4 offensive souls, 3 healing souls, 1 defensive soul

If you knew nothing about the callings except that those are their souls roles - what would you choose for pvp? Doesn't warrior look a little pvp stunted in general? We all do something really awesome and well. It's just what warriors do awesome and well nobody cares about in pvp.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The only thing warrior needs,is a new Dev with PvP minds on his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Warrior - 4 offensive souls.
    Not to mention only 2 offensive souls are viable in pvp.
    Champion and Riftblade
    Rest are pretty much useless,Paragon just got nerfed on 1.7.

Ascendant

It's quite simple really, a lot of those that I see in wfs, openworld, etc are all about the "1v1 me bro" attitude.

Warriors cannot operate alone. It's been that way forever. One warrior does not swing the tide for one side or the other. Three warriors/melee rogue that actually stick around, now that's a front line that you can get behind and control the field with. One warrior is not a front line that can hold, multiple is.

So of course you see less warriors, because warriors are not guaranteed to have other warriors with them so they don't want to Q. And therein lies the viscous loop. Less warriors means less warriors Q'ing, means less warriors, means less warriors Q'ing, etc, etc, etc.

Look at the bright side, Whenever a crappy green plate piece drops and I'm the only warrior, I'm guaranteed to get a free 16 gold.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

We need to be allowed to have arranged WF's on PTS with set teams of full on single calling arrangements. 4 teams, 15x of each calling on each team. Tournament elimination through the 5 different warfronts and see who wins each WF. 1st/2nd/3rd/4th See if this warfront representation is all its cracked up to be.

inb4 rogues would be the Whitefall Globe Trotters

What is this - it appears the rogues are dropping the fang repeatedly while running figure 8's and rift prisming anybody who comes close to their show
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-19-2012 at 02:44 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread