+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Turn off Exp in seperate warfronts please?

Default Turn off Exp in seperate warfronts please?

The entire twink situation is getting out of hand. You can't level a character and do any warfronts anymore. Your entire enemy team ends up being twinks that two shot you with healer twinks behind them.

This is stupid, honestly letting twinks exist undermines the game and damages the player cohesion and the very game itself. Twinks are the very cancer that kills MMO pvp. Getting rid of twinks and forcing a more balanced stat will bring back competitive and respectable pvp.

Please kick them to their own warfronts or balance stats around an average of the current warfront. So if there is a lot of twinks buff up the non-twinks to with in 75% of them.

Same situation happened in WoW when they allowed XP to be turned off. When they first started this they really couldn't put locked XP characters in their own WFs because there weren't enough- they would never be able to queue up. I do, however, think it's something they'll implement a little later. The number of twinks is growing enough that they can be put in their own WFs without problem pretty soon.

I do feel bad for low levels trying to PvP, though. That has to suck.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

I'm confused. Exactly what gear could a twink have that is so much better than what the average player is going to have? Augmented crafted gear is the only thing I can think of and that's extremely easy to get. So if you plan to spend an extended amount of time in one bracket then spend the ten minutes to make the gear. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Acesfool View Post
    I'm confused. Exactly what gear could a twink have that is so much better than what the average player is going to have? Augmented crafted gear is the only thing I can think of and that's extremely easy to get. So if you plan to spend an extended amount of time in one bracket then spend the ten minutes to make the gear. Problem solved.

Mostly consumable items, chest armor things, weapon buffs. I don't have somebody to run me through Iron Tombs 8 times for gear. I que hope for iron tombs usually get Fae and leave the party if it's fae.

The funny thing though with wow's twink situation. They only really existed when they were with normal players. When they split off to their own BG's, like 90% of all twinks stopped playing when the general public realized that they really do only play to 2 shot people.

Same will be had with Rift. They're more and more popular because they just want to 2 shot lowbies. Take them away and they'll stop playing twinks. And really who cares about twinks anyway. Who cares if they quit? It's not like they're really that numerous.

Wow had enough twinks for xp locked bgs, but once they were separated none of the twinks wanted to play. They were just in it for the roflstomping and giggles.

Yes the twinks dominate, but just the same you outlevel them and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    Wow had enough twinks for xp locked bgs, but once they were separated none of the twinks wanted to play. They were just in it for the roflstomping and giggles.

I'll say the same thing I said then before wow took them away.

I as a paying customer should not be forced to outlevel people cheating the system to play normally, fairly, and how it's intended.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by H3artless View Post
    The entire twink situation is getting out of hand. You can't level a character and do any warfronts anymore. Your entire enemy team ends up being twinks that two shot you with healer twinks behind them.

This is stupid, honestly letting twinks exist undermines the game and damages the player cohesion and the very game itself. Twinks are the very cancer that kills MMO pvp. Getting rid of twinks and forcing a more balanced stat will bring back competitive and respectable pvp.

Please kick them to their own warfronts or balance stats around an average of the current warfront. So if there is a lot of twinks buff up the non-twinks to with in 75% of them.
    Honesty, its not that hard to twink yourself... You ppl are just lazy... Que'ing for normal dungeon is enough to twink yourself. The treasure chest you get contains twink lv gears. Some crafted are not hard to get either. With the lock exp, you can keep doing dungeons to get the best gears for that level... If you think twinks are bad, wait till you pvp at 50... Which you do so its nothing new...

R40 <Forsaken>
    4/4 ROTP 11/11 HK 125/125 Ultimate Hunter

Lv49 Rogue Lv49 Cleric Lv29 Mage Lv19 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by H3artless View Post
    Mostly consumable items, chest armor things, weapon buffs. I don't have somebody to run me through Iron Tombs 8 times for gear. I que hope for iron tombs usually get Fae and leave the party if it's fae.

The funny thing though with wow's twink situation. They only really existed when they were with normal players. When they split off to their own BG's, like 90% of all twinks stopped playing when the general public realized that they really do only play to 2 shot people.

Same will be had with Rift. They're more and more popular because they just want to 2 shot lowbies. Take them away and they'll stop playing twinks. And really who cares about twinks anyway. Who cares if they quit? It's not like they're really that numerous.
    Why would they run IT for consumables? Nothing drops in IT that can't be matched by augmented crafted gear. And the whole 2 shot thing gets blown way out of proportion. A level 29 is going to own a level 20 99.9% of the time, no matter what gear they're wearing. Twinking in Rift is nothing like it was in WoW.

And just for the record. I rarely pvp but I have taken a couple of my alts into WFs. And when I inspect the so called twinks I don't see anything amazing as far as gear goes. Maybe a better than average weapon here and there but that's it.

Plane Touched

I always laugh at 95% of the responses to threads re: twinks - telling NEW (or even existing) players that they should be forced to craft gear with high end augments, run instances for drops, farm invasions for gear, and using the best runes for their level is just plain foolish.

Sorry, but the minute "xp lock" was announced all the PvP'ers (especially the lvl 50 PvP baddies) were salivating at the mouth for twinking. For some, it's fun. For other's, it's the only way they are going to be able to be successful in PvP by running around two shotting people trying to level in quest greens.

I'm all for having the option to "lock xp," but it SHOULD be thrown into a separate bracket for WF's, period. There are more than enough twinks, combined with the mercenary system, to make a second bracket viable.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Azurrei View Post
    I always laugh at 95% of the responses to threads re: twinks - telling NEW (or even existing) players that they should be forced to craft gear with high end augments, run instances for drops, farm invasions for gear, and using the best runes for their level is just plain foolish.

Sorry, but the minute "xp lock" was announced all the PvP'ers (especially the lvl 50 PvP baddies) were salivating at the mouth for twinking. For some, it's fun. For other's, it's the only way they are going to be able to be successful in PvP by running around two shotting people trying to level in quest greens.

I'm all for having the option to "lock xp," but it SHOULD be thrown into a separate bracket for WF's, period. There are more than enough twinks, combined with the mercenary system, to make a second bracket viable.
    Laugh all you want, like I say, running dungeon is not hard at all... Its a good way to level, a good way to know the mechanics of the bosses plus the gears are good to twink with. If they don't pvp then its alright, but what are you going to tell these so called "new players" when they hit 50 and want to pvp? Run some dungeons for the gears? Get some crafted gears with the best auguments and runes? Same old shi* at low levels...
    Last edited by soliquid; 02-19-2012 at 10:28 AM.

R40 <Forsaken>
    4/4 ROTP 11/11 HK 125/125 Ultimate Hunter

Lv49 Rogue Lv49 Cleric Lv29 Mage Lv19 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by soliquid View Post
    Laugh all you want, like I say, running dungeon is not hard at all... Its a good way to level, a good way to know the mechanics of the bosses plus the gears are good to twink with. If they don't pvp then its alright, but what are you going to tell these so called "new players" when they hit 50 and want to pvp? Run some dungeons for the gears? Get some crafted gears with the best auguments and runes? Same old shi* at low levels...

I had a much easier time hitting 50 on my rogue pvping then my cleric does at 19. WAY easier. Level 50 pvp isn't all that hard, sure I won't hit top damage or KB's but I can still contribute. I can roll bard and still help out with buffs and such.

Running dungeons you'll level too fast, and pvping is a better source of exp then dungeons anyhow.

Twinks have been and always will be for people who are too lazy to pvp at max level and too crappy of players to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurrei View Post
    For other's, it's the only way they are going to be able to be successful in PvP by running around two shotting people trying to level in quest greens.
    Maybe if that was actually happening then people would respond better to the complaints. But it's a lot like the old claim against addons, you know the one where people say they play the game for you. It's not in any way even remotely close to being true. But people keep saying it over and over to try justifying their arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Acesfool View Post
    Maybe if that was actually happening then people would respond better to the complaints. But it's a lot like the old claim against addons, you know the one where people say they play the game for you. It's not in any way even remotely close to being true. But people keep saying it over and over to try justifying their arguments.
    Addons may not play the game for you but sure as hell there are ones that guide you on how to play the game
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

I'd be more concerned if it weren't for the large population of people who are playing, sometimes even just levelling through WFs, and apparently having fun despite the forum posters saying it's impossible.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    Or new players simply decide the PvP is terrible and designed by people without a clue and either give up on PvP or move on to a game with better PvP.

All in all a superb way to reduce the number of people that PvP, the phrase 'short sighted' comes to mind.
    Last edited by Flimble; 02-19-2012 at 10:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast