+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bolstering? Yeah ok :D

Default Bolstering? Yeah ok :D

So i'm currently only rank 7 but I have my full set of t1 PvP gear and my valor is currently at around 900 and when I join a WF that isn't set to 1-20 rank bracket this kind of stuff happens

Now don';t get me wrong I'm not whining for nerfs like most people do on here, I'm just mealy stating that something is clearly wrong with the whole bolstering system that is in place & ranked brackets need to be a perma thing as the gulf between lower rank and higher rank is still MASSIVE as this screen shows.

[IMG=http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/472/20120219143614.jpg][/IMG]
    Last edited by Heimdal; 02-19-2012 at 06:51 AM.
    ~ Quit EQ2 about 9 months ago after SOE wrecked the PvP with thier garbage updates & Sentinals Fate. At the time of quitting I Had a lvl 80 Paladin, Fury, Brigand on Nagafen. ~

you should be able to get far more valor than 900, its working as intended....(if you want it to).

at rank 7? how? as i said i have all the pvp gear in t1 now working on t2
    ~ Quit EQ2 about 9 months ago after SOE wrecked the PvP with thier garbage updates & Sentinals Fate. At the time of quitting I Had a lvl 80 Paladin, Fury, Brigand on Nagafen. ~

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdal View Post
    at rank 7? how? as i said i have all the pvp gear in t1 now working on t2
    get pvp trinket, get 2 starter pvp essences, get your pvp weapons, thats 200 more valor right there. get your chest enchant for 50 valor. work on your unseen rep so you can get your t2 synergy crystal, more power yes! im sitting at 1170 valor and got most of t2 pvp armor, the weapons, crystal and trinket.

if you get what i said, youll have the same valor as me, pvp weapons, 50 valor chest enchant, pvp trinket and essences from unseen vendor.

Ok so no its nit working as intended really is it? as you cant acquire those things like weapons and such until rank 12 at which point the bolstering is taken away from you unless I'm mistaken and to gain trinkets and such you have to have faction with unseen which again takes time as you can only get that from daily's, by which time you will probably be rank 12 again and be out of the bolstering range.

The issue I raise is for people relatively fresh to level 50 getting steam rolled and being unable to do anything about it. Don;t get me wrong if I'm out geared that's more than fine as I will get the gear needed to be competitive eventually.

I'm not calling for nerf's just saying the bolstering system is CLEARLY not working as intended unless you're put into 1-20 rank bracket then it's perfect.
    Last edited by Heimdal; 02-19-2012 at 07:21 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdal View Post
    Ok so no its nit working as intended really is it? as you cant acquire those things like weapons and such until rank 12 at which point the bolstering is taken away from you unless I'm mistaken and to gain trinkets and such you have to have faction with unseen which again takes time as you can only get that from daily's, by which time you will probably be rank 12 again and be out of the bolstering range.

The issue I raise is for people relatively fresh to level 50 getting steam rolled and being unable to do anything about it. Don;t get me wrong if I'm out geared that's more than fine as I will get the gear needed to be competitive eventually.

I'm not calling for nerf's just saying the bolstering system is CLEARLY not working as intended unless you're put into 1-20 rank bracket then it's perfect.
    imo if your running melee roles and your fresh to lvl 50 your gonna have a harder time then if you ran say a healing/rdps role, or even a tanking role. i would try being ranged/heal/tank and just toughing it out, either use range, healing, or tankiness to increase your TTK(time to kill) atleast until you get your r12 gear. when i first hit 50 with my second toon i felt very underwhelming with my 800 SP and 4.4k hp. once i got my full set of gear tho i was having tons of fun blasting people so just tough it out mang.

also potion buffing is pretty intense in this game, start running armor stones, whetstones/powerstones, foot strap thingys, shield spikes, assault defense serums etc etc. theres also valor pots, endurance pots, SP pots and they all stack with serums and character buffs.
    Last edited by labotimy; 02-19-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Imageshack -_-

I hate imageshack.
    It's way harder to upload to than imgur, and it's one of those epic derp-websites that includes a popup every time you want to see a picture.

Not only that, it's one of those websites that said "Hey! We should make a mobile version so people can view it on their iPhone or iPad! But let's disable the zoom feature so they can't read jack ****!"

IMGUR, people.
    IMGUR.
    Last edited by Zaros; 02-19-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Soulwalker

its going to take a while before you start liking pvp.. at rank 7 if you get placed in with higher prestige lvls you will get steam rolled.. the best thing to do is go healer and help out the team.. your DPS isnt going to contribute much at your rank. I know it sucks because ive been there 3 times but tough it out, rank up, and eventually things will get better.

Let me get this straight: you're unhappy about the 3k Cinder Burst and 2.4k Sanction Heretic?

Personally, I'm unhappy that my Sanction Heretic doesn't hit people for 4.5k any longer.
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

I'm not happy that my warrior has to mix rogue and warrior gear to do decent burst damage, and I never see hits over 2k much less 4.5k.

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    I'm not happy that my warrior has to mix rogue and warrior gear to do decent burst damage, and I never see hits over 2k much less 4.5k.
    That was before 1.7.

I used to be able to oneshot valorless players for 4.5k or more. It wouldn't happen more than once or twice every warfront, but it was kind of fun. Good times. ;)
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

+ Reply to Thread