+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The OP Souls - DOM?RS?

Default The OP Souls - DOM?RS?

Mages x/Dom
    Rogues x/Riftstalker

These souls are way too strong and need to be severely looked into or removed from PvP.

As a mage if i want to beat a;

mage ill go chlorodom
    rogue ill go chlorodom
    cleric ill go chlorodom

its clearly obvious that dom is the most overpowered soul especially when combined as a hybrid (eg. chloro). The fact they get instant squirrel, heals, full heal, storm shackle, split personaility and traitorous influence, deny (full cleanse) and now a purge makes them virtually impossible to beat if you aren't speced in another x/dom spec.

Some improvements i think that would be good:

Instant Squirrel occurs after 40 points spent in the Dominator tree.
    Split Personality - The "Ghosts" must stay within 10m of the mage at all times and they need their health reduced by 50% of what it is now. At 51 points their range and health is doubled and they become unpurgeable. This will encourage more people to spec into full dom because as of now its just being abused.

If the above were to happen this would make most mages rogue food because coming from my experience without a chlorodom you are basically owned when trying to verse any decent rogue which is where my next op soul comes in.

Welcome the Riftstalker the second most broken soul in the game. You will see most rogues in warfronts with a hybrid spec of this.

MM/RS
    NB/RS
    Sin/RS

Firstly they need to make Unseen Fury increase aggro/threat by 3% each point not attack power. They also need to be only allowed to shift to target once every 15-20 seconds. There is alot of changes that need to be done with this soul that won't break the PvE side that I won't go into them all. The main ones that need to be addressed

- Do not give them any extra damage when plane shifting, infact its probably best to put a debuff on them like decreases attack power by 10% and increases armour by 20%. If you want to really make it a tank spec stop giving them the ability to deal so much damage when combined with other souls.

- Rift Guard/Rift Barrier this ability is probably their most broken ability atm if makes them so hard to kill its laughable. This needs to be changed as soon as possible. A suggestion might be has a 20% to reflect 40% of damage absorbed back to enemy. The fact its reflecting 60% of all damage is what makes it one of the most ridiculous abilities in the game. Basically their shields should be on a proc rate not 100% absorb as it stands atm. Another fix of course it to put all shields near the top of tree so people can't just hybrid souls for easy win.

The third most soul at the moment that isn't as bad but needs to be looked into is Void Knight. The fact its impossible to beat as a mage clearly means there is issues here. However this is no where near as bad as the other two mentioned in this thread and shouldn't be a priority. Just something that needs to be looked into in the future.

Thank you for reading, please feel free to leave any opinions you have about this subject

Plane Walker

Nothing wrong with domi ( actually mages need buffing ), its the rogue who needs heavy nerfing.

Rift Disciple

Ya nerf all the soul'. nothing wrong with RS plz nerf Dominator.kthxbye

Plane Touched

qq more, simply learn how to play against classes as well as your teammates and you wont have issues

Nothing wrong with RS in fact Rogues need it for there melee builds to even come close to beating most classes.

Dom could use some nerfing but I wont ***** it makes it all the more fun beating them..

Default Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    Nothing wrong with domi ( actually mages need buffing ), its the rogue who needs heavy nerfing.
    Are you kidding me, any "good" mage can kill a nb/rs rogue. Doms kill rogues just like they did before 1.5 (Of the same rank or higher). You might wanna check this out if you have alts like i do, you will find that rogues actually need buffing if anything. Not going into specific point input cause honestly i dont need more rogue killers out there then thier already is.

Warrior-VK/PALA/RB, beats a rogue everytime of the same rank or higher( a player that knows what he's doing). Cleanse fellblades with VK just before you pop the full heal from pala, by that time the rogue should already be at 20-30% health (if he's good) with the crazy burst damage that RB gives and then of course death.

Mage-PYRO/CHLORO/DOM, need a say more.. Honestly has to be the easiest spec to operate.

Cleric-UBER HEALS! and w/e else you choose lol.

I honestly, imo, think people wayyy over rate rogues. They were good right after 1.5 and MM still has some kick in the WF's but 1v1, as we all know, is all that matters. Any of the above specs can beat "any" rogue if played correctly, no matter how good the rogue. So what im saying is lol, Both players are of the same skill lvl (Know's how to macro, uses they're mouse to move when in combat and knows what ability enhances other abilitys) and same rank. A rogue will never win.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    /sign

Mages really need some love!

Nerf Rogues!

Just for example:

"For each point you spent in your "Riftstalker-Soul" damage of all other Rogue-Souls will be decreased by 0,8%."

Quote Originally Posted by Lloigor View Post
    /sign

Nerf Rogues!

Just for example:

"For each point you spent in your "Riftstalker-Soul" damage of all other Rogue-Souls will be decreased by 0,8%."
    ummm, heh, no.

Unsuspended are we?

/Rs isn't what makes a spec OP. It makes melee viable.

What makes it seem that way is how leeching works for Nb/Rs.

Same concept as clerics, more durability with healing that isn't affected by that durability.

Fix snares to be off DR, and those ports do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy
    - Rift Guard/Rift Barrier this ability is probably their most broken ability atm if makes them so hard to kill its laughable. This needs to be changed as soon as possible. A suggestion might be has a 20% to reflect 40% of damage absorbed back to enemy. The fact its reflecting 60% of all damage is what makes it one of the most ridiculous abilities in the game. Basically their shields should be on a proc rate not 100% absorb as it stands atm. Another fix of course it to put all shields near the top of tree so people can't just hybrid souls for easy win.
    Perhaps you should read what it does. Absorbs 15% for damage and reflects 60% of that damage that is absorbed. In otherwords, reflects 10% of damage taken.

How much do you think Static shield reflects in a duel? I'll give you a hint, its more than 10% of the damage done to you.

Rogues are a single target damage only class, you better bet they will be the most difficult to beat 1v1.
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 02-19-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    - Do not give them any extra damage when plane shifting, infact its probably best to put a debuff on them like decreases attack power by 10% and increases armour by 20%. If you want to really make it a tank spec stop giving them the ability to deal so much damage when combined with other souls.
    To this I just laugh.

22 /rs gives:

6% DR
    15% Absorb
    15% crit
    9% more health
    10% reflect
    20% damage
    15% AP (minute difference)
    Mobility

Now what does 22 points in VK give?
    Ranged Attacks
    Purge
    Cleanse
    Mana drains
    6 of of every 10 seconds of immunity to magical debuffs
    25% stregnth
    16.7% more health.
    10.9% Reduced magical damage
    12.6% Reduced physical damage

And guess what, Guardian phase already does that reduction.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lloigor View Post
    /sign

Nerf Rogues!

Just for example:

another example

mage
    For each point you spent in your "cloro-Soul" damage of all other mage-Souls will be decreased by 0,8%

warrior
    For each point you spent in your "tank-Soul" damage of all other dps-Souls will be decreased by 0,8%

kleri
    For each point you spent in your "heal-Soul" damage of all other dps-Souls will be decreased by 0,8%
    Last edited by Baddabum; 02-19-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Baddabum View Post
    another example

mage
    For each point you spent in your "cloro-Soul" damage of all other mage-Souls will be decreased by 0,8%

warrior
    For each point you spent in your "tank-Soul" damage of all other dps-Souls will be decreased by 0,8%

kleri
    For each point you spent in your "heal-Soul" damage of all other dps-Souls will be decreased by 0,8%
    Chloro heals by dealing damage. Since theres valor chloro heals are nerfed anyway by 50+%, add there healing debuffs ontop of it and you have a class that deals no damage and no healing. Goodie!

Soulwalker

Mages are fine.. Sin is fine..NB is fine.. Rs does make it very hard to use snares and be able to kite(im not saying i should be able to always kite but a mage should be able to get out of melee range every so often) MM are really really powerful..MM's are really the only class i have a hard time killing..Unless im in pryo and he isnt attacking me. Generally i'll realize im being shot by a MM so ill Poly,shackle,TI,incompetance,then depending on how much damage im taking ill either pop split or start spamming my chloro spells. A good MM will have me on the Defence from the get go and has huge burst damage from outside of my max range. Mages are pretty good from my pov and might need a small buff.. Rogs are fine really.. Sin sucks unless your doing open world pvp..NB/RS has great burst but peters off and if your purged your useless.. MM is really tops except you dont have much for Defense.

Plane Touched

RS is an op soul but it isnt even in the same ball park as Dom at being op. As dom what dont ya get? you get an answer to every class while maintaining decent heals or decent damage. The best bar none damage cd in the game. The only spammable cc, omni directional and with everyone now getting breakfree its just more op compared to everyone else.

No soul should be must have to be competitive but right now thats not the case.

I quit 50 pvp and am now pvping at lvl 19 with all 4 classes. Much funner than 50 pvp but still boils down to who has the best/most heals.
    Last edited by Nsayn1; 02-19-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Lots of bad feedbacks but with someone like bunzy saying you need 40points in dom tree to get instant squirrel then ofcourse we will get bad feedback here
    Last edited by Swordplay; 02-19-2012 at 07:58 AM.
    Pvp tournament 5v5 Pts Alpha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4lT..._order&list=UL
    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    SwordPlay aka ReapingGlory #1 Mage
    Phalooz aka Cromagis #1 Warrior
    Come and take the titles!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast