+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What essences you use for PvP

Default What essences you use for PvP

Just curious overall what everyone uses for essences. I think pvp essences need some new sets or huge looking into. Bad enough pvp weapons still aren't that great when used all together.

Can keep it simple and just say how many purple/blue pvp essences you use or how many 50x/100x inscribed essences you use. If you mix say so. If you use other specialty ones mention them. If you have situational sets what roles do you use them for? I'll start it

all dps roles (nb/mm/sin/sab) use a set of 5x 100x inscribed essences and 1x 50x inscribed essence. I have a full pvp set of purple essences for my tank role and sometimes support if I play it.

Do other people actually make primary use of the pvp essences, or at least hybrid their sets with pve ones? Curious what other peoples optimal choices are.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

The PvP essences seem really underwhelming compared to the 100stone ones, cant see using them even with the valor.

51 dom/15 chloro= full sigil of 6 valor essences
    35pyro/31 dom=full DPS sigil

Rift Disciple

5 valor essence, 1 essence with high end and int since I play mage. The cheapest valor essence was so bad I wouldn't use it.
    Last edited by redrox; 02-19-2012 at 12:28 AM.

I'm lazy when it comes to filling out sigils/builds and mainly just use the two builds to pvp with.

51champ I run with a full valor sigil (all 6 valor essences, all purple), if I notice somebody is focusing on keeping me up I'll switch to my dps one (Four 50x inscribed, Two 100x, Slowly working on replacing them with all 100x). I very very rarely queue with somebody healing but when i do i use my dps one for it aswell.

And for my awesome 51vk/15warlord troll spec I'm running the full valor one until i get around to getting a tankier (It's a word if i say it is!) one made, It'll probably have 2-3 of the valor essences with the rest being inscribed.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

3 x cleric epic valor essences + 3 x mage epic valor essences
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Just curious overall what everyone uses for essences. I think pvp essences need some new sets or huge looking into. Bad enough pvp weapons still aren't that great when used all together.

Can keep it simple and just say how many purple/blue pvp essences you use or how many 50x/100x inscribed essences you use. If you mix say so. If you use other specialty ones mention them. If you have situational sets what roles do you use them for? I'll start it

all dps roles (nb/mm/sin/sab) use a set of 5x 100x inscribed essences and 1x 50x inscribed essence. I have a full pvp set of purple essences for my tank role and sometimes support if I play it.

Do other people actually make primary use of the pvp essences, or at least hybrid their sets with pve ones? Curious what other peoples optimal choices are.
    I use a hybrid sigil: 3 x purple valor essences, and 3 x 100ss DPS essences.

Flag running, Bard/RS, or MM/RS I run with all of the valor lessers that have endurance on them (the blues w/endurance are better mitigation than the purples without it)

MM/RNG I run 5x 100inscribed crit essences + predatory soulstone.
    ~Quiescent

Interesting. More people prefer the valor essences than I would think at first. But I also am a very glass cannon minded person

I really wanted to make a thread like this to hopefully get dev attention and actual player feedback of how viable they feel the pvp essences are (can't say I knew personally what most others used). Game is a big thing to keep all in check and I just don't want pvp essences to fall off the radar. Despite earning over 1000 inscribed through zone events, I'd love to see pvp essences be the undisputed bis for essences in pvp and would have no problem rebuilding a pvp set.

Would love to see anyone else who wants to share. If Trion was doing things perfect in their mind I imagine they would like to see this thread have everyone listing "I use a full set of pvp essences to pvp", but in mine and as I see, others cases, that is not true. So perhaps this thread can also beg the question to Trion of, what do they want us to use in pvp, whether we want to DPS or beef up. I think they want to follow the model of best pvp gear earned by pvping and vice versa. +hit/focus (not for this thread) and essences right now are a couple factors breaking that model imo. So I wonder what they want sometimes.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-19-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread