+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zaros

Thread: PVP needs some adjustments

Ascendant

Default PVP needs some adjustments

PVP is pretty bad and it is a shared opinion between everyone I currently play with. The major issue is Mage and Rouge ranged damage is way way way to high. This translates into warfronts with ranged classes easily focus firing people with crazy high dps. This is not good for the game. LOL. Warriors are limited to melee range so need to charge to get into combat but are cut down so fast by the ranged dps there is no point.

PVP is honestly horrible. I have played pvp in multiple MMO and Rift currently has everyone wrong, broke, illogical, and jacked up in the forefront of pvp:

1) AOE spam out of control,
    2) Ranged dps out of control and higher then melee,
    3) Melee classes with less burst the ranged classes,
    4) Melee classes with little to no survivability

So a Warrior charges a healer in the backline and dies in a matter of seconds and hits for less then ranged classes that do not have to worry about mobility. Oh.. lets not forget the CC.

Give me a break.

"You mean I CAN'T run balls-out into the back line of 15 people and expect to live?! WHAT?'"
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    "You mean I CAN'T run balls-out into the back line of 15 people and expect to live?! WHAT?'"
    No.. but that does not mean said Warrior needs to be killed in seconds. The problem with warriors is that they have no stealth and any decent pvp build for damage has little to no survivability but hit for much less than ranged dps classes. It would be okay if warriors had more burst dps then ranged classes but they presently do not. Ranged dps needs a huge nerf. Mages need a huge nerf.

I mean honestly... just put an 8 on the healer and have all the ranged dps group up for downfall... then have them focus one target. Ranged does not need to get in melee range to do damage so the warfronts become a joke.

It is broke and Trion has no excuse for PVP this imbalanced.

Last edited by Zaros; 02-19-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    ~Quiescent

The only thing that needs to change is, Buff chosens.

For anyone that doesnt know, if w/e class Majorin is playing ISNT OP, he'll ***** until it is, even *****, if its not good enough. Like Chosens in Warhammer were amazing, and he still cried that Ravage wasnt good enough. Needs more ravage spam. Just check his post history, best bet is, is hes a warrior. And for the first 4-5months of the game he never even made a post.

If only there was some way to line of sight!

Oaf

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    If only there was some way to line of sight!
    Hide until the fighting stops is how warriors are meant to be played.
    Honorary member of The Fallen Sons and Terrible Idea.

+ Reply to Thread