+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 11/15 rogues in a wf

Rift Disciple

Default 11/15 rogues in a wf

Just joined a wf with 11 rogues of 15 players. Yes trion everything is balanced and working as intended so all are interested in pvp. Also with this abundance of one class in a wf we got our butts handed to us.

Ascendant

How is Trion responsible for who queues and when? Rogues are the easymode class for PvP these days. That's not to say that skilled rogues can't differentiate themselves from the baddies, but if you're looking for a calling that will let you stay out of harm's way and kill people with a minimum of thought and effort, rogue is the way to go. That doesn't mean it's OP. It just means it's baddie friendly.

Funny story...I was in IPP tonight on my cleric doing some zone events for Inscribed Sourcestones and I came across a group doing the water raid rift. I watched them for a while and they had not one but TWO MM rogues standing there spamming Fan Out even when there was only one mob being tanked. They had another MM in their group who appeared to be doing it right. I saw the Strafe animations and the different projectile effects for the different shots, but these two other cheesetards are just all Fan Out, all the time.

And...they can get away with it because hey, it's doing damage, right? A rogue standing in the back lines in a warfront can spam Fan Out all match long. They're out of harm's way. Nobody can reach them. And odds are pretty good that they're going to ninja a few KBs on targets that someone else softened up.

I actually came across this one rogue in WS today in the 40-49 bracket who was on a tirade about "pu*** warriors" not charging into the fight straight away. I came to realize after the fact that he was really just mad that he kept dying because literally all he would do is stand there and spam Fan Out. An enemy player would run up to him and start pewpewing him and he'd just stand there wailing away on his Fan Out button and then...he'd die. And he'd be mad because there wasn't a tank there to pull aggro. What he didn't realize is that we had 9 rogues in that warfront and one warrior...me. And it had been like that all day. And every single time I'd try to charge in while the baddie rogues stood back afraid to engage, I'd get focused and sent back to the GY with the quickness because the enemy team had nobody else to worry about. Nobody else was a threat.

Because baddie rogues will be bad.

But you know what? It's not Trion's fault. Blame the baddies, not the developer.

Sword of Telara

Defiant by chance? I find that the defiant side generally is fairly rogue/mage heavy, while the guard side seems to be healer/warrior heavy. It just seems to be the way players generally gravitate. When you have that many rogues, it generally makes for a spectacular loss though to be sure.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Player populations really aren't a solid indication of spec viability... rogues have always had a bit more than some of the other callings. Likewise with stuff like clerics, despite the lower population, I really wouldn't say are in bad shape. I remember in eq2, the link between viability and pvp population would seem correlated sometimes too- like with rangers, and shadowknight... but on closer inspection you'd also still have stuff like bruiser and inquisitor too which were also great, but very underplayed.
    Last edited by Inixia; 02-18-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Rift Disciple

No not a def I'm a gaurd. Just seeing a growing trend of more then 50% of the team being rogues in warfronts and its starting to get very annoying. You can always count on a rogue to be hiding while you are dying. Its the advantage of being a stealth class is you also get to be a panzy and pick only fights you will win.l

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    Defiant by chance? I find that the defiant side generally is fairly rogue/mage heavy, while the guard side seems to be healer/warrior heavy. It just seems to be the way players generally gravitate. When you have that many rogues, it generally makes for a spectacular loss though to be sure.
    Guardian, too. Mostly in the lower brackets (aka pre-50). Clerics and warriors are in frightfully short supply. Clerics get dumped on. It's horrible. My cleric is 45 now and I have a healing build that I use in warfronts, but that same match where that rogue was going off about warriors not charging in, some other rogue is harassing our only cleric to go heals. And when the cleric responded, all of a sudden, "one of you mages has to have a healing spec." I have an idea...how about you go bard and stop telling everyone else to do what you aren't willing to do?

I don't like taking my cleric to warfronts right now because I feel like all I can really do well at my level is heal. I haven't spent the time to mess around with dps builds even though I know for sure a 49 cleric can really mess people up with the right gear. But I don't want to deal with the nonsense.

I was doing zone events today with my cleric in her healing spec (shh...don't tell anyone...the only zone event going on at the time was on EI so I took my 45 cleric out there and healed as best I could for the gaggle of 50s running around). I was useless, and not because of my level. Whatever we were fighting would lob out some kind of AoE and then immediately my screen is flooded with green numbers from...Reparation and LGV. -cars and chloros and the kings of zone event healing because it's all passive. They don't have to think about it. All they do is pewpewpew and everyone else stays at full health (until the boss AoE tags me for 6k when I have 4k HP lewlewlewl).

But warfronts? Gotta have the direct healing. And clerics are the ones who do it better than anyone else, and everyone else figures the only reason anyone would ever bring a cleric to a warfront would be to heal. And then they wonder why they don't see a lot of clerics in warfronts. And then warriors...who are reliant on that single target healing to stay alive within 20m of their targets lest they get focused and die immediately..they get frustrated because they die as much as they kill without a pocket healer. So what are you left with?

Mages and rogues.

Rogues are a great calling to play for pvp in this game. Pro clerics though are also amazing in pvp. I would also say extremely high dps mages/very tough to kill hyrbrid mages are also pretty solid. I think their healer role is much more of a thing that's better in pve, even though you can get away with it in pvp. IMO their stronger if they just learn how to dps like champs cause they can.

Warriors are only ones I feel get shaft because their calling specialty is tanking - useless in warfronts. Warrior is just like playing bulky rogue with longer GCDs and less range/evasion/siphon tricks if you ask me. Of course I think melee for rogue is a tougher route to go sometimes while warriors are forced into that route for pvp - and it is not even their cliche main specialty role. DPS specs.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rogues have been dumbed down to the ezmode class in this game. I refuse to heal rogues. So if you get me in your warfronts I won't heal you ever. Same goes for my other cleric friend that I am duo queueing with. Just saying you want heals REROLL.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-19-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Rogues have been dumbed down to the ezmode class in this game. I refuse to heal rogues. So if you get me in your warfronts I won't heal you ever. Same goes for my other cleric friend that I am duo queueing with. Just saying you want heals REROLL.
    Or if you want heals hopefully have a cleric who fulfills the role of group heal capability clerics have. This is what I mean about people who let their emotions get in the way of just playing the game.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Reroll to what? Another cleric? I play rogue not to fan spam, but for mobility and both melee and range when I chose to do so. Or speed running chasing down another runner. I need the speed to get my adrenaline going.

Mages could use a blink ability like another game I know. Maybe more bursts would help. I'm a generalist, I've 50's in all classes except mages. (Just can't get into them).

Enough of the Rogue hatred. We're ppl too.

Rift Disciple

It's not about rogue hatred it's about the massive abundance of one class because its easy mode in pvp. If rogues were good at doing everything such as dps, healing, tanking then this wouldn't be a problem. Problem is they can not do it all. Yet warfronts are filling up with 50% + rogues in them which is almost a sure fire loss.

Ascendant

Simply the number of rogues in a warfront isn't a surefire loss. It is if they're all bad, yes, but that would be the same whether it was all rogues or all any other calling. By the number, a team of rogues should be unstoppable because they'd be able to level you before you could get in range and/or they'd flatten you from stealth at every turn. But the reality is that most rogues are drawn to things like stealth and a 35m range because it gives them an advantage that no baddie can turn up their nose at. You can't hurt me if you cna't see me and/or reach me. My only kvetch about rogues these days is how obnoxious Paralyzing Strike is. I'm a warrior, noobs...l2jagged or ****.

Quote Originally Posted by redrox View Post
    Just joined a wf with 11 rogues of 15 players. Yes trion everything is balanced and working as intended so all are interested in pvp. Also with this abundance of one class in a wf we got our butts handed to us.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc
    ~Quiescent

Hey that's funny cuz I dont protect healers that don't heal me and watch them cry as a rogue drops them and nobody protected them even though clerics are godmode right now and only bad clerics die in wfs

As to the op I love when the other side has lots of rogues, if there are 11 rogues and I don't recognize one name that's 11 free kills over and over. When I go 20-0 or better its usually when the other team has lots of rogues in 38/28 or bad mms
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 02-19-2012 at 08:21 AM.

More aimless emotion. Yes take it out on rogues because you think everybody rerolled upon 1.5 announcement. I rolled a cleric to 50 and then hit 50 on my rogue all before 1.4 even came around. I was one of the guys saying rogues are fine pre-1.5 and that our buffing was overkill. Now those who live on generalized blanket statements think I rolled a rogue because of 1.5. So many blind assumptions fly on this board with no factual backing it makes it clear logic often has no place here. I don't get what this aimless hate is. I don't hate any calling? lol? Sure some may annoy me more than others but, its ****ing pvp. someone can say whatever you want to me and insult me every way possible. I don't get emotional and start sucking. I will still cap the flag for a team of 13 people insulting me while I carry it back (why they would I don't know!) So I really don't get this kiddie emotions of not wanting to heal certain callings, crying/quitting if your a merc, all this emotional garbage in wf's. Stopping the tangent now.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast