+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Request: Can Merc be a choice instead of forced?

Soulwalker

Default Request: Can Merc be a choice instead of forced?

Hello Rift Community,

I'm posting today for a simple request. A checkbox of some sort that would allow players to choose if he or she wishes to be eligible for Mercenary work in Warfronts. Myself and many others feel forced when contracted to do Mercenary work, and would much rather have the option of opting out (or in) instead of showing up on an opposite faction's team.

I know a lot of people think that this would put players back at uneven odds, but I think that the Rift Community is mature enough, kind enough and fair enough to handle the change. I know of many people who would enjoy having the Mercenary option for every queue, as well as people who might not.

Nevertheless, I request that the Dev team give this suggestion some thought, as I've seen many heated debates on this issue and I think the opt in/out method would resolve much of it.

Thank you!

-Naveen from Faeblight

your font is different, did not read.

Soulwalker

I am with Naveen on this one. Though I have no personal qualms of being a Merc, I do know that due to my server being an RP server, may have issues being placed with the opposing faction during war fronts. I also know that may people believe that if they were wanting to help the other faction prosper, they would have rolled a toon on the other faction. I don't see how adding the option would through the war fronts back into uneven numbers, as I am sure there are many players like myself that would be willing to Merc for the simple fact of getting into war fronts sooner.

Trion has a great reputation of responding to the community, so if enough people come and post here, I'm sure we can open Trion's eyes into adding this simple feature.

Thanks for reading, and for replying.

Vyanix from Faeblight.

There are over 6 ****ing topics.
    Pick one.

-_-

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    There are over 6 ****ing topics.
    Pick one.

-_-
    Sorry, I don't read the forums very often so I didn't see them. Nevertheless, it never hurts to ask nicely for something to be reviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveen View Post
    Sorry, I don't read the forums very often so I didn't see them. Nevertheless, it never hurts to ask nicely for something to be reviewed.
    ITS ON THE FIRST PAGE SAYING MERCENARIES!

Let alone it does hurt, because it defeats the purpose of why it was implemented in the first place.
    Requesting a close.

the mods asked that we post on this topic over here so they have an easier time reviewing it (don't mind the trolls):

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...kind-suck.html

Oh hey, another one of these threads.

Champion of Telara

Hello Rift Community,

I'm posting today for a simple request. A checkbox of some sort that would allow players to choose if he or she wishes to be eligible for Mercenary work in Warfronts. Myself and many others feel forced when contracted to do Mercenary work, and would much rather have the option of opting out (or in) instead of showing up on an opposite faction's team.

I know a lot of people think that this would put players back at uneven odds, but I think that the Rift Community is mature enough, kind enough and fair enough to handle the change. I know of many people who would enjoy having the Mercenary option for every queue, as well as people who might not.

Nevertheless, I request that the Dev team give this suggestion some thought, as I've seen many heated debates on this issue and I think the opt in/out method would resolve much of it.

Thank you!

-Naveen from Faeblight
    Don't know where you get heated debates from, all if it can be summed up into this.

Rpers: I want the merc system gone or optional because it ruins my rp!

Everyone else: And?

Rpers: "......and because it ruins my RP! (also my sync premade queues)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    In before... "This thread (aka forum) is being locked because it's filled with hypocrisy, idiocy, made up numbers and lack of any sort of constructive posts"

Plane Touched

I also support the OP in making a polite request to the Dev's to offer an option to opt out of the merc system. And I support the OP's right to make a new thread. If it doesn't get support, it will drop quickly, if it gets responses, then it shows that it still needs to be discussed. The OP made a polite request flaming no one.. yet gets rude responses from some people who just cant allow others to express themselves. sad

Because we really needed another thread about this.
    ~Quiescent

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Apparently we do.. the one main one was locked due to a couple of morons last night and another disappeared entirely.

Besides, Mercenaries are volunteers , they fight for reward. What we have here is a draft system forcing people to fight with the enemy. Not a good system under any deffinition.

And why if the Defiants out number the guardians like many have said, do I have to fight for the defiants when I rolled as a guardian.. especially when there are defiant mercs in the same warfront ?? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Telaran

What an original and interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    obv we do since trolls keep closing them with unsubstantive posts

also merced 5 times in a row today, even when guards had less players- lame

Mercenaries.

I should not have to be able to play the opposing team if I do not want to. Especially on a Roleplaying server.

I suggest that you make a button in the PVP Stat window that you can disable labled Mercenary. When you click it off you will no longer be a mercenary. Have it on by default so new players and people who dont care don't have to worry about it or the change. Then only the few select people who dont want it can turn it off and not wreck your game by running around doing nothing because they dont want to be a mercenary.

Also, as an incentive to be a mercenary if your team wins when you are playing as a mercenary you should get 50% exp bonus and a 25% favor bonus of your total score. For payment as playing on the opposite team and actually playing the role of a mercenary instead of a traitor. This would also be an incentive for those not wanted to be on the opposite team to try and win.

I dont see why everyone is so against making it optional. It is not like everyone will click it off. I doubt you would see much que time change. And if all of you that dont want it and are fine with mercs just shows you that only a few would turn it off not making a noticable difference anyways. Just my thoughts.
    PVP Balance suggestion. Balance Items/Stats, Skills and Matchmaking.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...p-balance.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast