+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Do twinks care about winning the match?

Telaran

Default Do twinks care about winning the match?

Just looking for some honest feedback here. I was always under the impression that twinks were concerned with winning the game. In trying to get people to pick up relics in Library of the Runemasters in a match today, I was told that twinks don't care about winning so they won't pick up the relics.

I was on the side of twinks merely because I thought that it would improve gameplay (which quite frankly has been horrible), but if that's not the case I'm trying to see what point there is in having them in the normal warfronts.

Maybe if twinks don't care about objectives we could request Trion to create a deathmatch arena/warfront just for them? Or as a twink, are you trying to win the match?

Quote Originally Posted by Morah View Post
    Just looking for some honest feedback here. I was always under the impression that twinks were concerned with winning the game. In trying to get people to pick up relics in Library of the Runemasters in a match today, I was told that twinks don't care about winning so they won't pick up the relics.

I was on the side of twinks merely because I thought that it would improve gameplay (which quite frankly has been horrible), but if that's not the case I'm trying to see what point there is in having them in the normal warfronts.

Maybe if twinks don't care about objectives we could request Trion to create a deathmatch arena/warfront just for them? Or as a twink, are you trying to win the match?
    Just like any segment of the population, the answer would be "Some do, some don't".

Sweeping generalizations are almost never true. This is not strictly a twink problem. You'll find just as many people at end game acting like that as you will twinks.

Personally, my goal is to win the match, first, foremost and end of story. E-peen, favor and all other considerations come after that.
    Last edited by Meina; 02-18-2012 at 10:57 AM.

They dont twink because they care about winning. They twink because it satisifies their ego. So they mainly want to kill ppl and get big numbers, and show other ppl how they dominate.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

Quote Originally Posted by Magnuzone View Post
    They dont twink because they care about winning. They twink because it satisifies their ego. So they mainly want to kill ppl and get big numbers, and show other ppl how they dominate.
    Again, sweeping generalizations are almost never accurate.

People twink for many reasons, some for what you describe, some for other reasons. You cannot apply a single motivation to a large (ish) and diverse group.
    Last edited by Meina; 02-18-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Telaran

Tears, man, it's all about the tears.

Rift Disciple

Twinks want to **** bloody noobs, it's about humilating other players and not about objectives.
    BEST ROGUE EU

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    Sweeping generalizations are almost never true..
    Yeah I worded that poorly. It should have probably been more like "If you twink, do you care about winning?"

Quote Originally Posted by Morah View Post
    Yeah I worded that poorly. It should have probably been more like "If you twink, do you care about winning?"
    Hey, at least you were asking an honest question.

Not like some people who jump right to "Twinks are bad, mmmkay?"

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Magnuzone View Post
    Yep and they tend to be made by people who can't do the same in the 50's bracket.

People still try and win matches?
    ~Quiescent

jca
    Rift Chaser

I can only speak for myself, but the only reason I do wf's is to try to win.

As a healing Twink, my entire job depends on winning matches.

I've got a friend that refuses to queue with me anymore because i don't care about winning and just run around fighting people
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Ascendant

I stopped picking up runes with my warrior when I got the achievement to pick up 100 runes. The rationale is pretty simple. I pick up a rune, I try to find some place safe to hold it, the rune kills me. I don't get to fight, I'm hiding until I die. I've had friendly healers run by me (with no rune of their own) who were thoughtful enough to toss me a Healing Breath on their way by, except I have no idea where they were going because they didn't stop to top me up and they didn't end up with any runes of their own.

The alternative is that I grab a rune and head off to join the fight, which naturally winds up with me getting focused and dying all that much sooner. And it sucks when you get the upper hand on someone and are just about to finish a close fight when the rune kills you.

And all of this would be just part of the match if I could say with confidence that everyone else was also doing their best to focus on picking up runes, but when I see people standing within 10m of a rune, standing there looking in at the middle deciding who they're going to go after next and completely ignoring the rune, I get a little tense. When I pick up 5 or 6 runes throughout a match and hold them for a total of over 5 minutes and the next highest friendly player on the socreboard has held one rune for 32 seconds, I get a little tense. And after a while I start to think that martyr mechanics aren't fun when you're the only person volunteering to die and you still can't squeeze out a win because one person isn't enough

So now, if my team wants to win, they can pick up their own damn runes. I've paid my dues.

Rift Chaser

As a twink I don't even care about winning.

I Just want to hit people for 900 over and over, so they become adapted, and when they hit 50 it won't be a shock. That's about it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast