+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too many buffs to cast!

Telaran

Default Too many buffs to cast!

Does anyone else find it frustrating having to rebuff yourself after every time you die in warfronts? Depending on your spec, some players have close to 5-10 buffs they have to cast before they can mount up and get back into combat. This is kind of a quality of life issue, but I think it would be nice if they implemented a system where you could select the buffs you want to cast on yourself and it would automatically apply them when you respawn.

I load myself up with every stupid buff possible before queuing so the enemy thinks I'm already dotted. It's like changing my dyes every few days on the gear I know the other side will see to keep them guessing. You either play to win or you don't.
    Last edited by Trisian; 02-18-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Pure reason I won't play a bard. I'm over buffing. Having to stand for 9s just to get 3 fanfares is enough for me to dump a spec.

The rest of my specs? I have 2 - 3 at most usually. Sin has a lot but almost all of them are usable while stealth so it doesn't usually hinder my time. The insta ones can usually be cast by the time you take a few steps out of a spawn point in a WF.

Though it took a long time for Eq2 to figure out that nobody likes buffing (well, there was 1 RP'er who actually said he canceled his buffs commonly just to recast them for RP value and hated the change) and eventually made buffs persistent through death. Dispells still worked in pvp/pve. But if it was a self buff it lasted through death. Also pretty sure all 'support' buffs were pretty much 'aura' buffs where you didn't need to cast it near the person just have it active near the person, which also persisted through death. The only ones that didn't were buffs you gave exclusively or specifically to another player. If the player died, they kept your buffs if you lived. If you died though, you had to rebuff them still. That was only case they forced you to rebuff.

That is just what the game did after being out for like 5 years. I have pretty strong confidence things like support buffs becoming aura buffs, self buffs having unlimited duration (1h duration + no cd is redundant) and maybe even be death persistent. Fact is it didn't change the game that badly and I recall it being very welcomed by almost everyone. Nobody has fun rebuffing. Trion already is realizing this with the changes to things like Quantam sight. I'm surprised they didn't just make it a toggle effect now. But the game is still under a year old, I can't be too expectant of it to have all the things a game that was out for over 6 years got to iron out.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

So the Bard's not for you, but don't claim they are "overbuffing" and poor classes, or need I remind you how deliciously effective they can be when played properly? in just random blue gear too. I'm sorry you're bad at bards
    Last edited by Trisian; 02-18-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Where did I say they were a poor class? It sounds like you just wanted to flex your e-peen or something with a video cause I said absolutely nothing about bard viability as a functional soul in a group. Nothing at all. But umm, thanks for the video I don't care to watch.

Try to open up your avenues for new ideas and think about the process. Bard began only allowing 1 fanfare to be up at once. Bard changed to allow all 3 to be cast normally on your group. Standing for 9s to cast 3 buffs to get +52 to your basic stats is a bad mechanic. Something like that should simply be changed to have 1 fanfare that gains power as you spend points in the soul to eventually contain all 3 of the buff stats in 1 fanfare. Casting 1 fanfaire. This is how the bard originally worked anyway, just seems like they didn't think to cut the needless fat out of the equation.

The other thing I commented on was Aura buffing. What is great mechanically about buffing your bard buffs, and then to make full use of your class when you catch up to the team mates who weren't next to you, recast the buff again. Oh wait, another guy missed it, I'm going to be a good bard and cast the buffs, or wait no, this is dumb, oh well it's a smarter idea just to leave my team mate unbuffed. It's wack and could use improvement. That was just a mere example of a heavy buff class. It would just add to consistency considering their anthems work in an aura manner. The class is fine for me. Nobody has fun constantly casting 3 second buffs when you could code the buff system much smoother.

But go ahead and miss the entire point and link another video of a bard playing. I just lol that you put in small text I am bad at a bard. You really prove that you didn't even read the post. You just read a couple lines and had to spew IM SO AWESOME IM SO AWESOME IM SO AWESOME I DIDNT READ THE POST BUT IM SO AWESOME GUYS.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-18-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread