+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Unthinkk
  • 1 Post By HUGEBUGOMGHELP

Thread: I finally submit my vote

Default I finally submit my vote

For competitive arenas type play style.

3v3, 4v4 and 5v5.

if you want competitive warfronts, do 10v10 because it's easier that way to get a team together. And then maybe we'll get some real pvp guilds out there.

SIGNED
    A healer who wants to have competent dps to heal.
    Unthinkable
    World's Greatest Dwarf
    <dwarves with hats>

I think an MMO needs to attempt this from the start and make it a MMO meets Quake 3 arena. MMO format/play style with the ability to join numerous static servers with pre-rule sets running 24/7 with slot limits. Really need a pure hybrid of MMO and FPS elements to do it right. I can't predict the future but I think this game is too far on the PvE side to pull off an arena you can say was worth putting out.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Did we really need another arena thread?
    ~Quiescent

The number of Arena threads is too damn high!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    It just doesn't feel like weekend without an arena thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    It just doesn't feel like weekend without an arena thread.
    Or one QQing about RS runners..
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I think an MMO needs to attempt this from the start and make it a MMO meets Quake 3 arena. MMO format/play style with the ability to join numerous static servers with pre-rule sets running 24/7 with slot limits. Really need a pure hybrid of MMO and FPS elements to do it right. I can't predict the future but I think this game is too far on the PvE side to pull off an arena you can say was worth putting out.
    Agreed.

If they had designed Rift with arenas in mind, maybe they could accommodate the people who want arenas. This isn't the case, though. As you said, it would have to be an MMO / FPS hybrid, which just isn't the case.

They might be able to pull off a 5v5 system, but I don't see anything smaller than that functioning well at all. Even with the 5v5, people would have to accept the fact that Trion will not put too much emphasis on it and balancing said 5v5 would take a back seat to, well, pretty much everything else.

Rated WF's would be another option, and I'd be all for them. But, I don't think we have the population to support such a system. WoW, with it's millions of subscribers, had a very tough time getting their rated BG system off the ground. Rift, with it's much much smaller player base would have an even more difficult time getting things rolling, if they could get it going at all.

Rift Disciple

I will farm your rating so bad guys you will wish time travel and never ask for arenas again.

Oh look, another arena thread.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Static servers? Joining a match? This isn't a first person shooter lol. And that takes it to a completely disorganized level on the player side. Maybe it makes sense to have it that way for the developers, because it's easy, but from the player perspective that would end up being chaotic, a world pvp killer if you're just joining from a queue in a lobby, and would essentially get shut down because it's not what the pvp'ers, that are asking for organized pvp, what they wanted.

Maybe I misunderstood, but how someone takes the way you write something is reality.
    Last edited by Unthinkk; 02-19-2012 at 12:27 AM.
    Unthinkable
    World's Greatest Dwarf
    <dwarves with hats>

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    do we really need your 2500th useless, and degrading post ?
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Ascendant

They should make an arena thread stickied and then every weekend we can just make a post in it and be like "it's that time of the week again".
    Last edited by Adastra; 02-20-2012 at 08:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread