+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanks to Trion! (or, why 1:1 K/D is good)

Default Thanks to Trion! (or, why 1:1 K/D is good)

This is not tongue in cheek, sarcastic, or snide. This is an honest appraisal from an "average" PvPer.

Dear developers,
    Thank you for not destroying PvE and ruining skills (or making them completely different in PvP than PvE). Thank you for keeping in gap closers, stuns, snares, roots, disables, and keeping classes within line. Please do not ever go the route of other MMOs that "balance" classes around PvP and lose the entire functionality of PvE in the process. Please do not consider PvP to be an "e-sport" that deserves to be highlighted and glorified. Thank you for providing an entertaining way for people to take out their aggressions on fellow players without destroying the game in the process.
    Keep up the good work.

Dear fellow players,
    1:1 kill/death personal kill/death ratio is good. This is not the "kills" that you get for being in the vicinity of your team. This is not the damage dealt, or even killing blows. This is how many times you send another player to the graveyard, with or without support. Think about it. If everyone on your side had a 2:1 ratio, the other team would be spending twice the amount of time dead, running to objectives, buffing, etc. You would win every single match. This is not good balance.
    No one cares if you die. Nothing is lost, apart from your contribution to the team for a short time and possibly whatever objective you were defending/assaulting/carrying/chasing. Deaths are generally seen as the dying player's fault, except in the case of focus-fire, where it's "just the way the game goes." Don't take it personally.
    Play your role. Not everyone should be running 100% damage dealer all the time. The healers and tanks have a place in PvP, as well as PvE. Pay attention and adjust accordingly. It is not someone else's responsibility to make sure that your PvP action is successful. It's yours.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kintyre View Post
    This is not tongue in cheek, sarcastic, or snide. This is an honest appraisal from an "average" PvPer.

Dear developers,
    Thank you for not destroying PvE and ruining skills (or making them completely different in PvP than PvE). Thank you for keeping in gap closers, stuns, snares, roots, disables, and keeping classes within line. Please do not ever go the route of other MMOs that "balance" classes around PvP and lose the entire functionality of PvE in the process. Please do not consider PvP to be an "e-sport" that deserves to be highlighted and glorified. Thank you for providing an entertaining way for people to take out their aggressions on fellow players without destroying the game in the process.
    Keep up the good work.

Dear fellow players,
    1:1 kill/death personal kill/death ratio is good. This is not the "kills" that you get for being in the vicinity of your team. This is not the damage dealt, or even killing blows. This is how many times you send another player to the graveyard, with or without support. Think about it. If everyone on your side had a 2:1 ratio, the other team would be spending twice the amount of time dead, running to objectives, buffing, etc. You would win every single match. This is not good balance.
    No one cares if you die. Nothing is lost, apart from your contribution to the team for a short time and possibly whatever objective you were defending/assaulting/carrying/chasing. Deaths are generally seen as the dying player's fault, except in the case of focus-fire, where it's "just the way the game goes." Don't take it personally.
    Play your role. Not everyone should be running 100% damage dealer all the time. The healers and tanks have a place in PvP, as well as PvE. Pay attention and adjust accordingly. It is not someone else's responsibility to make sure that your PvP action is successful. It's yours.
    You hapy with the game becouse you are average as you say before.
    For hardcore players game is boring, no competitive pvp system and bad class balance plus easy pvp mechanics
    For casual players game is boring, you have to farm LOTS to get in line of veteran members.
    Last edited by HUGEBUGOMGHELP; 02-18-2012 at 03:26 AM.

"and lose the entire functionality of PvE in the process"
    The thing is that Trion can't do it right,this is how its gets done without ruining PvE
    PvE ability
    Same ability but balanced in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    "and lose the entire functionality of PvE in the process"
    The thing is that Trion can't do it right,this is how its gets done without ruining PvE
    PvE ability
    Same ability but balanced in PvP
    Wish guild wars still super populated.

I remember what it was like before all these changes when the game first came out.

Was the **** then.
    Unthinkable
    World's Greatest Dwarf
    <dwarves with hats>

Yes, I am average (in PvP). However, I am a long-time gamer, and I enjoy this game a great deal more than most of the MMOs I have ever played. My opinion is that PvP is a fun add-on to the game, to be enjoyed within the mechanics, rather than something that the game needs to be balanced around.

I don't believe in mirror classes (when classes exist). I disagree with Rock-Paper-Scissors being an absolute. I dislike endless rounds of balancing and alterations of otherwise-fine mechanics because they're not 'optimal' for PvP.

I think that Trion has a good game here, and that it will stay good if the focus remains on content, rather than tiny details of 'class balance' and 'PvP skills.'

+ Reply to Thread