+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroic Leap?...

Default Heroic Leap?...

So, the max range of warriors is supposed to be 20m via ranged attacks and gap closers. Np, as a mage, stay 20+m away from them. Now suddenly every warrior has access to a leaping ability to close half the distance and then use a gap closer? Am I the only one who sees giving warriors 30+m range a little bit out of whack?

Mercifully most warriors don't use this ability at all. However, the good ones? I'll be right at 30m, they leap to close some distance and suddenly they're in range. Kind of defeats the whole "mages have the range advantage" argument. This ability needs to have a target instead of a free range location.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

You mean Thunderous Leap?

And It's 20 meters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

... Flicker?
    ~Quiescent

Yeah, thunderous. My bad.

Flicker has a range of 15m. Usually it's a poor method of getting distance on a warrior when gap closers are 20m (thus the reason I save heatwave to flicker twice). Thunderous effectively renders my flicker, heatwave, flicker completely useless now.

Flicker, pop heatwave, warrior leaps, even if I pop flicker again warrior can use gap closer. I'm not kidding here. The good warriors I've face using this reach me easily even at 30m. It kind of defeats the whole concept of trying to keep one at range.

Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Yeah, thunderous. My bad.

Flicker has a range of 15m. Usually it's a poor method of getting distance on a warrior when gap closers are 20m (thus the reason I save heatwave to flicker twice). Thunderous effectively renders my flicker, heatwave, flicker completely useless now.

Flicker, pop heatwave, warrior leaps, even if I pop flicker again warrior can use gap closer. I'm not kidding here. The good warriors I've face using this reach me easily even at 30m. It kind of defeats the whole concept of trying to keep one at range.
    This sucks, because I respect your opinion so much
    The way I look at it, Warriors should be dangerous in melee range, but given less tools to enter it. Since Leap is on a 45s CD, a Warrior can get into melee range every 45 seconds? That doesn't seem too bad to me, honestly.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    This sucks, because I respect your opinion so much
    The way I look at it, Warriors should be dangerous in melee range, but given less tools to enter it. Since Leap is on a 45s CD, a Warrior can get into melee range every 45 seconds? That doesn't seem too bad to me, honestly.
    Right up until it feels like it's always ME on the receiving end of it! Then my fragile little world falls apart. It's like the good ones save that ability specifically for me because the rest of the ranged are dumb enough to wander inside of 20m.

Ascendant

/facepalm.

Anything to get warriors nerfed, neh?
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Right up until it feels like it's always ME on the receiving end of it! Then my fragile little world falls apart. It's like the good ones save that ability specifically for me because the rest of the ranged are dumb enough to wander inside of 20m.
    I suppose my view of it as Marksman is skewed since I have a bag and a half full of crap that I can use to get me out of melee range over and over again, honestly.

What spec are you in? Pyro/dom? I was thinking if it was any x/Dom variation you could generally just stun them and mount away, but bleh.

I usually just stand behind people and they don't go after me. That's kind of the issue though if Thunderous Leap were to be nerfed..Warriors would have literally no way to kill a good Marksman unless it's Library. At the moment, a good warrior can pull the same trick and kill me if he does it perfectly and/or I'm off my game. If it was gone, I'd feel really bad for Warriors.
    Last edited by Zaros; 02-17-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

A pyro/dom weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I suppose my view of it as Marksman is skewed since I have a bag and a half full of crap that I can use to get me out of melee range over and over again, honestly.

What spec are you in? Pyro/dom? I was thinking if it was any x/Dom variation you could generally just stun them and mount away, but bleh.

I usually just stand behind people and they don't go after me. That's kind of the issue though if Thunderous Leap were to be nerfed..Warriors would have literally no way to kill a good Marksman unless it's Library. At the moment, a good warrior can pull the same trick and kill me if he does it perfectly and/or I'm off my game. If it was gone, I'd feel really bad for Warriors.
    Been running either pyro/dom or 51 pyro builds lately just to be able to double tap flicker. And yup, MM have skewed point of view cuz you guys have a LOT of tools to cut and run from melee closing on ya. A lot of gap closers remove CC effects. Pre 1.7 it was already rough keeping good warriors away from me...now these guys are impossible to range with the addition of this ability.

@Hunt...Good warriors are wrecking people just fine. Giving them an effective range of 40m is just ludicrous. These PVP PA abilities are all still relatively "new." I honestly don't think Trion thought thunderous leap out too well. If you think warriors are in a bad way then maybe you should get in touch with some of the good ones?

Rift Disciple

Well!, at least they don't Leap at you with 36 stacks of particle charge!

that being said, 45 second cool down, seems pretty fair to me,

personally i use it 90% of the time to escape magi

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrodude78 View Post
    Well!, at least they don't Leap at you with 36 stacks of particle charge!

that being said, 45 second cool down, seems pretty fair to me,

personally i use it 90% of the time to escape magi
    I use it when a tank decides to kite a mob too far. Oh, PvP-wise? ..Wait, you still PvP?
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Rift Disciple

hmm, some times, when I'm not thinking very clearly, i find my self que'n for pvp, and soon after i find my self raging and regretting my poor decision.
    Last edited by Pyrodude78; 02-17-2012 at 09:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread