+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Squirell nerf/fix that would benefit us all.

Rift Master

Default A Squirell nerf/fix that would benefit us all.

What about Pyro get a 1.5 sec on their fireball skill talented in their tree instead of 2sec as hit has now
    and then Squirell get a 30Sec cd, Dimishing return removed (cant spell it right i know) and the cast time buff gain only a 20-30% speed buff???

Would this be a such crazy idea?

I would like rogues and warriors opinion aswell as mages on this idea.
    I really would like this change to go thru acually

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post
    What about Pyro get a 1.5 sec on their fireball skill talented in their tree instead of 2sec as hit has now
    and then Squirell get a 30Sec cd, Dimishing return removed (cant spell it right i know) and the cast time buff gain only a 20-30% speed buff???

Would this be a such crazy idea?

I would like rogues and warriors opinion aswell as mages on this idea.
    I really would like this change to go thru acually
    Heatwave with fireball at 1.5s would ruin the synergy b/t the two. 50% spell haste on 1.5 = .75 with a GCD of 1s = 51 pyro would be casting slower than before.

Giving squirrel a 30s cd is, imo, a horrible idea. As it stands mages have basically zero chance to kite melee and a poor arsenal of knockbacks. Fear on a 1.5s cast is abysmal as a CC mechanic. Melee have far too many and effective gap closers for ranged to effectively kite them. This leaves us with instant squirrel to try and get any type of distance or a reprieve from having said melee humping our leg.

As it stands currently, domi hybrid builds are one of the few PVP builds that stand as a viable setup for mages that offer versatility and survivability.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Ascendant

I still don't see what the hullabaloo over squirrel is. A warrior can drop an 8 second fear bomb on you and then smack you with a stun right after. Plenty of other callings can stack control CC on a target back to back. Why does squirrel get singled out as the bad one? Mages are squishy enough. They need the defense. Leave it alone.

Dom shouldn't directly be nerfed just because of it's synergy with Pyro
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Dom shouldn't directly be nerfed just because of it's synergy with Pyro
    Dom has pretty good synergy with most mage souls. Mainly because it's a support soul. Kind of why 51 domi does laughable dmg outside of big cds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Dom has pretty good synergy with most mage souls. Mainly because it's a support soul. Kind of why 51 domi does laughable dmg outside of big cds.
    I know, but that's why he's making this thread..Otherwise, why buff fireball?
    OT: Transmog is fine anyways, it's like RS to Rogues.
    Last edited by Zaros; 02-17-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Cuz throwing fire at people is kool! Ooo, imagine if I could throw flaming leaves!

Dominator has good synergy with EVERY soul. (Besides Stormcaller, too squishy.)

What are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Dominator has good synergy with EVERY soul. (Besides Stormcaller, too squishy.)

What are you talking about?
    morewordss
    Last edited by Zaros; 02-17-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Master

Heatwave with fireball at 1.5s would ruin the synergy b/t the two. 50% spell haste on 1.5 = .75 with a GCD of 1s = 51 pyro would be casting slower than before.

Giving squirrel a 30s cd is, imo, a horrible idea. As it stands mages have basically zero chance to kite melee and a poor arsenal of knockbacks. Fear on a 1.5s cast is abysmal as a CC mechanic. Melee have far too many and effective gap closers for ranged to effectively kite them. This leaves us with instant squirrel to try and get any type of distance or a reprieve from having said melee humping our leg.

As it stands currently, domi hybrid builds are one of the few PVP builds that stand as a viable setup for mages that offer versatility and survivability.
    yes yes, but relying on Squirell to get speed buff and Heatwave is just to sad as it is for now.
    There is no way Fireball would be a 1.5sec cast (Wich would fix synergies with other souls better such as Lock beacouse of the too long 2sec cast time. if domi still would have to insta squirell along with a 50% cast time speed buff)
    Atleast if 1.5sec wouldn't be enough give it a 1sec cast time then.
    Iam no big fan of squirell either not beacouse of the CC part but beacouse you use it to get a cast time speed buff for the simple reason that 2sec cast time is to long on fireball. And you can't rely on heatwave either to beacouse it has a 2min cd.

Would it be so horrble if nerfing squirell a little would mean we would have more options to play?

Rift Master

I realized that this thread would upset a few people but thats ok.

The thing is, most of the time you use the squirell only for the simple reason to get a speed buff to your spells beacouse the cast time is too long (Pyro benefits most of this beacouse of it's spark ability) And what i mean is the so called casttimes on the Fireball spell (we take pyro as an example of this) should be 1sec-1.5 sec cast time talented allways, you should not have to be relying on squirell to dps.

2sec cast time is too long, DR ruin the cast times for mages and squirell pissing people off.
    To be able to fix the cast times on things Squirell has to be nerfed.
    Then the synergies with our other souls will be better, and people playing Pyro/Dom would still be viable just that they can't squirell hole the time but their cast time will still be good enough to dps and once every 30Sec they can get a little extra cast time.

Ofc this would mean maybe other things would have to be looked at afterwards, but i would love a change like this.

I see no problems with better cast times while still beeing squishy.
    I

The change would just open up for alot of other options, and i would like this.
    Last edited by Swiftspell; 02-17-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post
    yes yes, but relying on Squirell to get speed buff and Heatwave is just to sad as it is for now.
    There is no way Fireball would be a 1.5sec cast (Wich would fix synergies with other souls better such as Lock beacouse of the too long 2sec cast time. if domi still would have to insta squirell along with a 50% cast time speed buff)
    Atleast if 1.5sec wouldn't be enough give it a 1sec cast time then.
    Iam no big fan of squirell either not beacouse of the CC part but beacouse you use it to get a cast time speed buff for the simple reason that 2sec cast time is to long on fireball. And you can't rely on heatwave either to beacouse it has a 2min cd.

Would it be so horrble if nerfing squirell a little would mean we would have more options to play?
    Honestly, I rarely use heatwave offensively.

Um, I don't know about other domis, but I sure like that 50% haste for storm shackle and haunting pain. I imagine chloro/dom like it for those 2s chloro spores too...

Basically, in order to implement what you're suggesting any spell cast that is 2s for mage needs to be reduced to 1.5s. I'm game. I hate those 2s cast times...especially when so many targets are immune to squirrel so often. Losing the chance to pop 50% haste for pyro/dom really gimps my dmg output.

Rift Master

Honestly, I rarely use heatwave offensively.

Um, I don't know about other domis, but I sure like that 50% haste for storm shackle and haunting pain. I imagine chloro/dom like it for those 2s chloro spores too...

Basically, in order to implement what you're suggesting any spell cast that is 2s for mage needs to be reduced to 1.5s. I'm game. I hate those 2s cast times...especially when so many targets are immune to squirrel so often. Losing the chance to pop 50% haste for pyro/dom really gimps my dmg output.

Yes, you get it!
    Remove the 2sec cast times all together, they are too long and make cast times lower for pyro and other souls...

The DR causes problems to our dps beacouse we acually need the 50% speed buff to be viable, it gimps our dps alot.
    Changing castimes all together would make alot of things better, just think about it how crazy isn't it that we use a CC ability that are suppose to keep people out of battle to buff our to long casttimes on spells. (we shouldn't have to do this in the first place, and now days we CAN'T rely on it).

Rift Master

Default Trion!

Give squirell a 30sec cd, Remove Dimishing return And reduce all 2sec cast time spells to 1.5sec for mages.

The period between fireball casts would remain 1 second in between.
    You would not be seeing a slower cast for just pure fireball spam.
    It would be a slower cast with cinderburst/fulminate/inferno since you'd be stuck waiting .25s before you could use them, rather than charge a fireball and mimmediately follow up with cinderburst.

UNless thats what you meant in which case disregard.

Edit: Furthermore lowering the cast time on fireball is a poorly though idea. Primarily because I am quite sure this would result in abilities such as flamebolt becoming DPS loss.
    Last edited by Aguni; 02-17-2012 at 08:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast