+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: AFK timer is rediculous...

Shadowlander

Default AFK timer is rediculous...

the afk timer needs to be raised. this is probably the 5th time in the last couple days i've been booted from a WF for being afk when i go upstairs to get the phone, go to the bathroom, get a snack etc. this needs to be evaluated.

Ascendant

It should actually be stricter.

Getting kicked by the AFK timer for going AFK? Yep, this needs to be fixed.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Wait wait wait... You went afk to answer the phone, get a snack AND use the bathroom... while in a WF.
    I hope to God you are trolling :P

Working as intended.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Appless View Post
    the afk timer needs to be raised. this is probably the 5th time in the last couple days i've been booted from a WF for being afk when i go upstairs to get the phone, go to the bathroom, get a snack etc. this needs to be evaluated.

This is about the 5th thread I've seen where the OP complaining about the AFK timer was AFK. Maybe if the people who started these threads were some poor guy who got kicked for helping defend in whitefall or something, thus him possibly not entering combat for a minute+.

IF you get booted for being afk, you were afk for over a minute. If you are going to be afk, might as well just take your time on your afk, leave the WF, get what you need to get done, then come back. You'll have a 15m penalty which if you need an AFK should almost be up. Pee before you que up or pass a que with friends if you gotta hit the john. Bring the chips to your desk. Use a cordless/cell phone, its 2012. Or just ignore it and call them back after the WF is over.

:/
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The system only kicks your toon if you are absolutely still for X amount of time (1 minute?, 2?, dunno)

The reason for this is...

1) It does not know if you will be gone for 1 minute, 2 minutes or the rest of the match. You may very well have DC'd and will be out of action for the entire time it takes for you to reboot the game and log back in.

So...

To be on the safe side, the system assumes you be out for the long haul and kicks your toon out of the WF so it look for a replacement right away, ensuring that your team mates will be short handed for the least amount of time possible.

2) How long does it take you to grab a snack, take a leak or answer the phone. Let's say it takes up to 3 minutes, just as an example. 3 minutes in a 15 minute WF is 20% of the WF. Leaving your team short handed for 20% of the game is not a good thing to do. That much of a deficit could very well influence whether your team wins or loses.

My advice to you is...

Go to the bathroom and grab your snacks between matches. The game will still be here when you're ready to play. Obviously you can't control when the phone will rings, but chances are answering that call will take more than a few minutes, so just leave the WF and take the 15 minute debuff.
    Last edited by Meina; 02-17-2012 at 03:46 PM.

The timer is doing its job perfectly fine. You should have done all that before you entered the warzone.

You were kicked for being afk when you were afk?!
    Next thing you know you'll be zoned into a Warfront when you enter a Warfront! Ridiculous!
    ~Quiescent

Ok, while I agree that kicking people for being afk is a good thing.... I ran into a situation today, where I got kicked, for being afk, and got the debuff.... and yet I was stuck in some rocks.... and couldn't get out... /sigh
    Stuck In Rocks In Whitefall

stuck In Rocks In Whitefall #2

Stuck In Rocks In Whitefall #3

And yes, tried blinking out, tried mounting, tried jumping, noting worked. And, after about 5 minutes of being stuck in the rock... free trip to meridian. Fun times.
    Retired from raiding

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Ok, while I agree that kicking people for being afk is a good thing.... I ran into a situation today, where I got kicked, for being afk, and got the debuff.... and yet I was stuck in some rocks.... and couldn't get out... /sigh
    Stuck In Rocks In Whitefall

stuck In Rocks In Whitefall #2

Stuck In Rocks In Whitefall #3

And yes, tried blinking out, tried mounting, tried jumping, noting worked. And, after about 5 minutes of being stuck in the rock... free trip to meridian. Fun times.
    Soul recall? I'm stuck button?
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Soul recall? I'm stuck button?
    recall was on cool down.....

damn... forgot about the "I'm Stuck" button.... damn it
    Retired from raiding

Telaran

As if it weren't diculous enough in the first place, they had to go and rediculous it.... Now this is getting ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    IF you get booted for being afk, you were afk for over a minute.
    that's not true, mine said 10 secs
    as a healer babysitting the stone carrier i got one
    & another time for guarding vault as a rogue (I went off & killed someone real quick but we lost vault over it)

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    that's not true, mine said 10 secs
    as a healer babysitting the stone carrier i got one
    & another time for guarding vault as a rogue (I went off & killed someone real quick but we lost vault over it)
    NOOOOOOOO
    not vault..
    ~Quiescent

Prophet of Telara

It's too bad these online multiplayer games don't come with a pause button and the other people don't have the decency to wait for me to get back from wandering off in the middle of a match.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast