+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guild Banners and PvP. Do they belong?

Rift Chaser

Default Guild Banners and PvP. Do they belong?

I recently encountered a twink group in the level 19's running around and dropping guild banners in level 10-19 PvP. Given that they are already twinked to the teeth, dropping guild banners that increase HP's by 400 as well as attack and SP by 50 gives quite an unfair advantage to the 'twinked' side.

After having read so many threads about *twinking* and how absolutely fantastic it is (obviously to you who are twinking out) I don't complain about the gear that they have, the whetstones they have, or teh trinkets, AS THEY ARE ACCESSIBLE BY ALL. While many people who are new to the game don't understand this, I do.

What makes guild banners in 10-49 PvP unfair is that not everyone has access to a guild, particularly one that high of level to give you such a high rating on your banners. Guild banners, imho, do not belong in low level PvP. If you wanna bust em out in 50 PvP and get yourself soem prestige, be my guest, but for low levels, especially if it is their first experience playing PvP in this game, it is discouraging and disheartening. Having teh other team farming you as you drop off your spawn point....not so cool.

I, for one, have been discouraged. I know, you're all so sorry I am leaving. /sarcasm off

Still, my point on this being is that everyone can have access to PvP gear, whetstones, armor plating, trinkets, potions, yadda, yadda, but not everyone has access to the heaps of money a guild banner costs, or a guild to begin with to chuck around in a match. *that* is the lop-sidedness that doesn't need to be brought to PvP in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by tevikolady View Post
    Still, my point on this being is that everyone can have access to PvP gear, whetstones, armor plating, trinkets, potions, yadda, yadda, but not everyone has access to the heaps of money a guild banner costs, or a guild to begin with to chuck around in a match. *that* is the lop-sidedness that doesn't need to be brought to PvP in this game.
    Combat banner is 25g which is nothing, especially with making money from WFs.
    And everyone has access to guilds. Nothing is stopping you from joining one, except yourself.

'Lopsidedness' is a part of the RPGs in mmorpgs, additionally it's twinking which by it's very nature is about getting a ridiculous gear advantage.

Troll fed.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-17-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Ascendant

I believe Combat Banners are 1p each.

Does seem weird that they still give full bonus - 400 HP and 50AP/SP at level 19 is quite a bit.
    Last edited by mattya802; 02-17-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by mattya802 View Post
    I believe Combat Banners are 1p each.

Does seem weird that they still give full bonus - 400 HP and 50AP/SP at level 19 is quite a bit.
    Yes, 1p each.

To the 1st replier, only the guild rally scrolls are 25g.

Oh didn't even notice since they're still so cheap.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Oh didn't even notice since they're still so cheap.
    For a level 19?

For a level 19?
    The twinks all have level 50s
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

For a level 19?
    level 19 twink, nope, which is who you are upset with using them.

Twinks use gear that isn't accessible by all, or at least a normal level 19 in normal progression. Thats the point.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-17-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Ascendant

level 19 twink, nope, which is who you are upset with using them.
    Yes, that's the point lol

I don't PvP in the level 19 (or any sub-50 bracket), but this just doesn't sound right.

Yes, that's the point lol

I don't PvP in the level 19 (or any sub-50 bracket), but this just doesn't sound right.
    No, the point was the OP thinks level 19 twinks use gear that can be attained by any normal progression 19, except for guild banners.

Ascendant

No, the point was the OP thinks level 19 twinks use gear that can be attained by any normal progression 19, except for guild banners.
    I meant it was my point.

Are you arguing just to argue? Either way, guild banners giving full effect to a level 19 with, in a sense, limited access to them isn't right.

I meant it was my point.

Are you arguing just to argue? Either way, guild banners giving full effect to a level 19 with, in a sense, limited access to them isn't right.
    Why though?
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-17-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Coin sinking your way to an advantage should always be possible. It doesn't give you a guaranteed win. I just had some rogue in my bracket with both combat banners on, and full buffs. My no-banners, self-buffs, out-dpd's him by 9k in a full pug 10-19. I was single targeting majority of the time.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

twinking is wrong and we all know it... it's supposed to be a learning curve (while leveling ur char)

that learning curve is in wf's not different!

ppl like to learn a class in pvp by starting up slowly... not get roflstomped from level 10 till R25...

seriously epic fail!

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

Ascendant

Why though?
    How much HP does a twink level 19 have? 2k? 2.5k? 400 is a pretty big boost on top of an already dominate player.

At level 50, you have no excuse to be in full greens, but at level 19, for people just questing to that point, it could be a nightmare.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast