+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: PvP servers aren't for me

Quote Originally Posted by Roklam View Post
    5. Rez at the Soul Technician, then spend the money on fixing the damage to your soul, drink up and go fight.
    First off I'm guardian so there's no soul technician not that it's relevant here but more importantly _there is no healer here_ to spend the money on. Even if there was, you're camped by multiple folks. The minute you're alive you're focused to death in 1 second. Great, now your tombstone is right next to the guardian spirit which makes re-spawn camping that much easier. This isn't rocket science. I get the dynamics of rez'ing. This shouldn't be able to happen.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Roklam View Post
    5. Rez at the Soul Technician, then spend the money on fixing the damage to your soul, drink up and go fight.
    ^
    If where i died is not safe, I rez back at a spawn point and summon a rescue medic to soul heal before re-buffing and going back.

If both places are camped then I run back as a ghost to my tombstone and use the very large radius provided to resurrect to try and find somewhere that gives me line of sight safety at least for a little time
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Plane Walker

I cannot understand how there is no way for you to just escape being spawn camped. It's not hard to mount up and run.

Are you not apart of a guild? This is probably one of the perks of being in a guild. Either having some guildies come to your rescue or if you feel it's not worth the effort to fight, ask for a guild banner.

Otherwise the only other thing I would say is.. just keep rezzing and fighting through it to get as close to the port as you can. It's going to suck having to deal with getting camped but it happens..

Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    I cannot understand how there is no way for you to just escape being spawn camped. It's not hard to mount up and run.
    Actually it is rather hard to mount up and run when you're being attacked by 3 R40 Rogues and an INQ at the same time with you're massive 3.5k max HP pool (due to half-stats.)

Do you guys somehow just not get the concept of being spawn camped? It doesn't just mean there are enemy players in the general area. It means there are players waiting, fingers itching, for someone to respawn. If I had time to "mount up" and "ride off" or just leisurely summon a medic I wouldn't be griping.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Are you not apart of a guild? This is probably one of the perks of being in a guild. Either having some guildies come to your rescue or if you feel it's not worth the effort to fight, ask for a guild banner.

Otherwise the only other thing I would say is.. just keep rezzing and fighting through it to get as close to the port as you can. It's going to suck having to deal with getting camped but it happens..
    I was in a nice guild, but they moved to an RPvE server. I figured i'd try a PvP server, but I'm un-guilded still as of now. I was having a blast up until all this happened. The worse part is I lost my name but I digress.

log out and log in - pvp immunity.

Two solution I can see

1. Rezzing from the body grave/soul walk should be insta pvp flag. Rezzing from spawn point with sickness should have the common 25s whatever pvp immunity.

2. Allow multiple spawn points. ie. When you hit rez allow it to rez from the 3 nearest points. That way you are not stuck at one where the enemy knows you will either be at your corpse or your respawn point. It also wouldn't be bad overall to have more choice of where to respawn.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by aLittleBird View Post
    Ember Island open world PvP around event bosses and the 3 zone PvP Dailies on Briarcliff are pretty much always fun times.

We have an active PvP community here that enjoys fighting each other. sometimes it is passionate and gritty. sometimes it is chill and laid back even to the point of sometimes seeing dueling while waiting for the Marikis plants to spawn.

I have never been spawn camped and I am out there a lot between war fronts, raiding and grinding sourcewells.
    Looks at sig. Oh that's why you enjoy it.
    Even free cost too much now

oh noes my comment has been removed...... the world will never know
    Pvp tournament 5v5 Pts Alpha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4lT..._order&list=UL
    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    SwordPlay aka ReapingGlory #1 Mage
    Phalooz aka Cromagis #1 Warrior
    Come and take the titles!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Looks at sig. Oh that's why you enjoy it.
    I have lot's of guildies who are much lower rank in PvP that still come out and play all the time in the open world PvP.

I only hit R40 last weekend but have been playing and enjoying Ember open world PvP since it was launched. I firmly believed that Rift PvP was largely worthless until Ember as it had no real point other than something else to Grind. Ember changed this for me as there were now sourcewell's to fight for and hold, events to get involved in and standing (well fluid) battlelines drawn around the ember bosses. It is still not the level of PvP I wish it was but it is definitely something that has drawn me in. Once drawn in then the desire for better gear kicked in and I started doing war fronts as much as I am not really a fan of non-open world PvP.

My gear (and experience) means I can play a different style now but it doesn't change the fact that open world PvP is now good times for all if you embrace it.

Even though Rift really is just a PvE game and the raid content is what holds me, I tell all new raiders in my guild they should absolutely be doing the PvP dailies if only for the fact that the Unseen Vendor feet rune is BIS.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Plane Touched

Not sure why you would play on a PVP server unless:
    A) You like ganking people.
    B) You like being ganked (some people like the rush of knowing they may be ganked at any time)
    C) You have Friends/Guild mates you want to play with on the PVP server.

Give me a PVE server and warfronts & I am happy. Want to kill players queue up, want to do something in PVE land while only half paying attention, you can do that too.

I have lot's of guildies who are much lower rank in PvP that still come out and play all the time in the open world PvP.

I only hit R40 last weekend but have been playing and enjoying Ember open world PvP since it was launched. I firmly believed that Rift PvP was largely worthless until Ember as it had no real point other than something else to Grind. Ember changed this for me as there were now sourcewell's to fight for and hold, events to get involved in and standing (well fluid) battlelines drawn around the ember bosses. It is still not the level of PvP I wish it was but it is definitely something that has drawn me in. Once drawn in then the desire for better gear kicked in and I started doing war fronts as much as I am not really a fan of non-open world PvP.

My gear (and experience) means I can play a different style now but it doesn't change the fact that open world PvP is now good times for all if you embrace it.

Even though Rift really is just a PvE game and the raid content is what holds me, I tell all new raiders in my guild they should absolutely be doing the PvP dailies if only for the fact that the Unseen Vendor feet rune is BIS.
    Being shut out of open world content by large groups is not my idea of fun, but I don't expect a Defiant to understand.

Telaran

Ember Island open world PvP around event bosses and the 3 zone PvP Dailies on Briarcliff are pretty much always fun times.

We have an active PvP community here that enjoys fighting each other. sometimes it is passionate and gritty. sometimes it is chill and laid back even to the point of sometimes seeing dueling while waiting for the Marikis plants to spawn.

I have never been spawn camped and I am out there a lot between war fronts, raiding and grinding sourcewells.
    I'm sure there are SOME people like this on Briarcliff, but judging by the Dbags that I see in WFs, yelling some of the most vile stuff imaginable, I can't fathom why anyone would want to play on Briarcliff, much less have their name associated with that cesspool of a server.

Quote Originally Posted by sholagar19 View Post
    I'm sure there are SOME people like this on Briarcliff, but judging by the Dbags that I see in WFs, yelling some of the most vile stuff imaginable, I can't fathom why anyone would want to play on Briarcliff, much less have their name associated with that cesspool of a server.
    Yeah, I miss a good PvP community. WoW and all these FPS idiots have ruined that

I'll like to check out Briarcliff as soon as my 7 days are up on Deepstrike, if for nothing more than to get a new name. I hate the name I chose on Deepstrike since I associate it with the overall bad experience. I've heard Guardians (which I am) are way underpopulated there though. Then again, whatever. Dailies aren't important so much since I only get 1-2 hours per day to even play other than my weekend late-nighters while the family is asleep.

If I'm in a group of 5 people spawn camping a single person for half an hour without any provocation I've got to ask myself if there are other things I could be doing. Hell that's 3-5 WF's. That was my first Deepstrike daily experience. I was able to grab 3 marabulbs and then spent another 30 min being griefed. Yeah -no thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast