+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Defiant Mercs tried to lose WFs on purpose

Default Defiant Mercs tried to lose WFs on purpose

this needs stop. it's disgusting. defiant merc number is almost approaching 50% in some WFs. if they keep on losing on purpose, no guardians will play WFs.

Report them and let Trion sort it out.

Hopefully, after word gets out that Trion is slapping these people around, they'll think twice before they do something like this.

Assuming, of course, that Trion does bother to slap them around.

Ascendant

So how exactly are they trying to lose on purpose? I've run many warfronts through all level brackets (excluding 50 lol) since 1.7 and have yet to see a single Defiant merc not contribute. They aren't all happy about being mercs but they still play to win.

/stomp feet
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaserion View Post
    this needs stop. it's disgusting. defiant merc number is almost approaching 50% in some WFs. if they keep on losing on purpose, no guardians will play WFs.
    both sides do it, we're trying to get it optional- fight the powah!

pray harder, guardians

That is so stupid... these players don't realize they get more rewards if they win. They only doing harm to themselves. I was at one WF and one guardian said in WF Chat that he did not care if we won as mercs and he would not attack the guardians. I said to him okay fool - you stand at Codex's flag or at Statue and lets see if they dont attack you. On the other side, there was one defiant as a merc and he said in WF Chat he is tired of being a merc... so we said ... you can leave the WF if you want no one is stopping you.

To be honest, Trion knows that if being a Merc was an opion things will get worse in WF because now they can choose to be a merc on purpose to make one side lose and switch with their buddies in the next WF so they can also again the extra rewards when the WF is won.

Having it as an option is a huge mistake.

This is why I am starting to say that since now we have finally mercs available in RIFT.. For the Love of God ... let me stay a merc and kill both sides both in and out of WF.
    Drank at Conqueronline, Vanguard, AOC, WAR and AION. Currently collecting meh Beers at Rift! aka (Killforbeers)
    WHERE'S MEH BEERS !!
    Here meh 2 cents - Keep da change ya filthy animal...
    Nice day fer Murda

Telaran

Then it will just be defiant vs defiant. It's absolutely possible to have two teams, with 100% defiants on both sides. If there's no guardians signing, it will match the defiants against eachother. Atleast you get to do pvp then.

Besides from that, this QQ will wear off in a month when the whiney lil b.. get over themselves. The defiants que times are now near instant and they used to be 10 mins. Hey, I always had instant ques as a guardian, because there were so little playing warfronts and we usually lost the battles. Over and over because of the instant que times. (Longer story, but less time waiting = less effort to win when you get into one compared to the other team who all waited around for 10 mins)

And 'mercs' solve both population and ranking trends on a large, longterm scale. That's a major advantage in gaming terms, compared to some petty rivalry.

Aaaah you know.... Defiants sux hard at PvP...
    Not their fault. They just solo and e-peen charge alone.
    Is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthys View Post
    Aaaah you know.... Defiants sux hard at PvP...
    Not their fault. They just solo and e-peen charge alone.
    Is a fact.
    On the topic of e-peens, i bet i mash buttons faster than you
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

this is not a 'defiant' issue..and to assume it is is just naive. Both sides are just as guilty, as both sides want the option to be a merc or not

Quote Originally Posted by Killforbeer View Post
    That is so stupid... these players don't realize they get more rewards if they win. They only doing harm to themselves. I was at one WF and one guardian said in WF Chat that he did not care if we won as mercs and he would not attack the guardians. I said to him okay fool - you stand at Codex's flag or at Statue and lets see if they dont attack you.
    we realize it just fine, it's not worth it in my eyes

why would we stand at a flag? don't care about the objective thx
    Last edited by Sykk; 02-14-2012 at 03:29 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by NzFox View Post
    this is not a 'defiant' issue..and to assume it is is just naive. Both sides are just as guilty, as both sides want the option to be a merc or not
    You have the option, its the little button that says 'leave warfront' as soon as you see the mercenary message.

Quote Originally Posted by NzFox View Post
    you're right. i was disgusted and ranted about this 1 WF in whitefall where 4 defiant mercs tried to lose. 2 were spamming "let them win so i can get out". 1 of those then somehow picked up the stone. he was 3/4 hp and stood in plain sight. when defiants came to the base, he continued to stand there and took the hits without trying to escape. in the mean time, his 3 defiant friends just stood there without fighting.

=/
    Last edited by Jaserion; 02-14-2012 at 04:05 AM.

This is what happens when people below the age of 13 play an MMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast