+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No more nerfs, until an armory

Default No more nerfs, until an armory

Lets see how the ppl who QQ about nerfing this, that, and the other classes are geared and specced. Think it is relevant and needed, to make an objective decision on rather to take the begging for the nerf bat on every class (but their own) seriously. My guess is 90% can be figured out right there....

Ascendant

Armory always has been and always will be a bad idea. Many people do not like to give out the specs they use for obvious reasons (Either getting it nerfed or having everyone use it). Invasion of privacy is uncool.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    Armory always has been and always will be a bad idea. Many people do not like to give out the specs they use for obvious reasons (Either getting it nerfed or having everyone use it). Invasion of privacy is uncool.
    It is as much a bad idea as arenas....maybe it should not show speccs (though they are very important, but I can understand),it should at the very least show gear...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    It is as much a bad idea as arenas....maybe it should not show speccs (though they are very important, but I can understand),it should at the very least show gear...
    Showing gear won't do a single thing to reduce or mitigate the calls for nerfs. Nothing at all. There's no correlation whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Showing gear won't do a single thing to reduce or mitigate the calls for nerfs. Nothing at all. There's no correlation whatsoever.
    yes there is when a r2 comes out whining for nerfs, they are connected...it's called being undergeared, at least that portion is quickly detected and pointed out. I for one would put more credence to a top geared player QQing than an undergeared player...wouldn't you???

Prophet of Telara

I am all for armory, doesn't tell you how a guy will play.

Ascendant

yes there is when a r2 comes out whining for nerfs, they are connected...it's called being undergeared, at least that portion is quickly detected and pointed out. I for one would put more credence to a top geared player QQing than an undergeared player...wouldn't you???
    You don't need an armory for that. I guarantee you all it would do is fuel even more flaming. That's not a benefit to the community. Joe complains that Bob's calling is OP. It is or it isn't. We don't need to see Joe's gear to know whether or not Bob's calling is OP. It makes absolutely no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    I am all for armory, doesn't tell you how a guy will play.
    again (like how they are specced), it doesn't tell the whole story, but certainly gear level will give a starting point. Coming from WoW and their armory (since ppl are trying to make rift a wow clone with arenas, anyway), ppl could quickly dismiss undergeared and badly specced players and their QQs. And you will not believe how many green geared players went on those forums QQing for nerfs, lol....

(since ppl are trying to make rift a wow clone with arenas, anyway)
    WoW wasn't the first mmo to exist...
    Quesox@seastone
    Formerly Pillpopper@Seastone, Pillpopper@Derpstrike, Queso@Dayblind, Sunrest, Harrow.
    \_/<----see this? this is my care cup, notice how its empty.
    I tend to have very few posts because I find arguing with trolls is difficult because they tend to bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Telaran

Default ..

Lets see how the ppl who QQ about nerfing this, that, and the other classes are geared and specced. Think it is relevant and needed, to make an objective decision on rather to take the begging for the nerf bat on every class (but their own) seriously. My guess is 90% can be figured out right there....
    Spoken like a true Cleric trying to prevent their OPness.

The day armory is in, I'm out.

Pretty & simple. Armory has been the dumbest idea of whole MMO history. Here's the proof: It was invented by WoW designers who polluted & ruined the MMORPG genre forever by dumbing it down to FPS level with WoW.

No, especially in a game like Rift where combination of souls is a part of gameplay, BIG NO.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

Prophet of Telara

Your proof is flawed, champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

+ Reply to Thread