Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 107
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 10-49 WF's need to be exempt from "Lock XP"

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default 10-49 WF's need to be exempt from "Lock XP"

    1.7 introduced the ability to "Lock XP," which is a wonderful way to give players the ability to level at their own pace and enjoy all of the leveling content that they care to experience.

    However, it has (unsurprisingly) RUINED LOW LEVEL PVP.

    I just completed some random WF's on my 18-19 mage at different times of the day...and guess what - I ran into the same twinked out, XP locked lvl 19 warriors and rogues who ran around and train wrecked everyone. It felt like a bunch of R8's vs R1's pre 1.6 change to WF Q's @ 50!

    Trion PLEASE DISABLE "Lock XP" from WF's - 10-49 PvP was THE ONLY FUN PVP in the game - now, it's worse than lvl 50 PvP.

    At the VERY LEAST - have a separate Q for XP locked characters.
    Last edited by lagunaa; 02-04-2012 at 12:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Appendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    Just level up and move to the next bracket.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Wow tried to separate them, queue times were crazy, twinks whined, they got their way. Only terribads like low level pvp, its nice and slow paced for their delicate sensibilities and their skill cap of 3-4 abilities. Frankly if you're that mad about twinks, and you like low level pvp so much, why don't you just xp lock and do it too?

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Just level up and move to the next bracket.
    So those of us who enjoy PvP as part of the leveling experience are just supposed to go do something else because of a terrible implementation of a feature added to appease people who complained they leveled to fast?

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haddaway View Post
    Wow tried to separate them, queue times were crazy, twinks whined, they got their way. Only terribads like low level pvp, its nice and slow paced for their delicate sensibilities and their skill cap of 3-4 abilities. Frankly if you're that mad about twinks, and you like low level pvp so much, why don't you just xp lock and do it too?
    XP lock was not added to allow twinking - XP lock was added to appease people who complained that they outleveled quests/instances/zones etc too fast.

    I enjoy PvP as part of the leveling experience - I shouldn't have to get destroyed by lvl 19/29/39/49 's who XP locked/twinked just to screw with people.
    Last edited by lagunaa; 02-04-2012 at 01:00 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lagunaa View Post
    XP lock was not added to allow twinking...XP lock was added to appease people who complained that they outleveled quests/instances/zones etc too fast.

    I enjoy PvP as part of the leveling experience - I shouldn't have to get destroyed by lvl 19/29/39/49 's who XP locked/twinked just to screw with people.
    I dunno about that. I think a part of the option to lock XP was a result of a lot of feedback Trion got from people saying they enjoyed warfronts while leveling but hated the PvP experience at 50.

    I plan on locking my cleric and my mage at 49 when I get there so I can accumulate favor towards gear before I step into the 50s bracket. I'm not doing it to "screw with people". I'm doing it so that I don't show up to 50 in greens and blues. I don't care about bolstering...I don't want a buff doing for me what I could just as easily do for myself. Yes, I will be investing in good gear for both characters. Not the best, but good. Augmented crafted gear and maybe some planar currency/dungeon gear thrown in if I feel like doing the legwork. That's what constitutes the majority of the "twinking" right now is just augmented crafted gear.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple RazorBurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default

    i actually waited for this patch to twink out. I find it fun to run around wrecking people. I dont have the patience to get up to rank8. But i do have the ability to craft my epic auguments into my low lvl gear. Oh and by the way like someone else said I you love pvp you would enjoy twinking out also. those people who just pvp cause its faster exp are the ones who would say only a loser would twink out toons. Well imo only a loser would stop exp just to finish every damn quest in everyzone. If you dont like getting buttkicked in a warfront by twinks. 2 options either dont join a wf or go do some lame pve related stuff. Even twinked out there are a few classes i still have problems killing. Clerics and warriors
    60 Cleric = folgersinmycup
    2964 wisdom , 6673 spellpower,
    227 crit power, 996 pa levels
    530 hit
    Healing greater Illuminated tidesource and Nefarious shadesource

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    i actually waited for this patch to twink out. I find it fun to run around wrecking people. I dont have the patience to get up to rank8. But i do have the ability to craft my epic auguments into my low lvl gear. Oh and by the way like someone else said I you love pvp you would enjoy twinking out also. those people who just pvp cause its faster exp are the ones who would say only a loser would twink out toons. Well imo only a loser would stop exp just to finish every damn quest in everyzone. If you dont like getting buttkicked in a warfront by twinks. 2 options either dont join a wf or go do some lame pve related stuff. Even twinked out there are a few classes i still have problems killing. Clerics and warriors
    I like this guy's honesty.

    Also I think I have ganked your mage quite a few times. Sorry :|

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple RazorBurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haddaway View Post
    I like this guy's honesty.

    Also I think I have ganked your mage quite a few times. Sorry :|

    While i was in another zone trying to get my 50 kills for one of those wierd achievments. i was ganked by a 50 for countless hours. I been ganked by tons of people i enjoy every aspect of player vs player. Even getting owned by a twinked out toon or if a rank 8 just came up and one shoted me at lvl 10 i would not care. I really do love this stop exp stuff. some of my gear took alot to make with auguments kinda sucked it was worthless once i hit 30 or 40..
    60 Cleric = folgersinmycup
    2964 wisdom , 6673 spellpower,
    227 crit power, 996 pa levels
    530 hit
    Healing greater Illuminated tidesource and Nefarious shadesource

  10. #10
    Ascendant Robes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    imo only a loser would stop exp just to finish every damn quest in everyzone........... I find it fun to run around wrecking people.
    L0l .
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

    Synna - Rogue - Vigil

    Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

  11. #11
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haddaway View Post
    Wow tried to separate them, queue times were crazy, twinks whined, they got their way. Only terribads like low level pvp, its nice and slow paced for their delicate sensibilities and their skill cap of 3-4 abilities. Frankly if you're that mad about twinks, and you like low level pvp so much, why don't you just xp lock and do it too?
    You must not play PvP in the 50 bracket, if you think the lower ranks are slow paced.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  12. #12
    Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    Oh and by the way like someone else said I you love pvp you would enjoy twinking out also.
    No you wouldn't, I mean if you were really bad at it and having the odds stacked hugely in your favour was the only way you could stop getting facerolled, then perhaps, or if you were a bit simple, perhaps, but if you actually PvPed because you like PvP, "PvPing" with no challenge gets lame quick.
    Last edited by Flimble; 02-04-2012 at 01:41 PM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    No you wouldn't, I mean if you were really bad at it and having the odds stacked hugely in your favour was the only way you could stop getting facerolled, then perhaps, or if you were a bit simple, perhaps, but if you actually PvPed because you like PvP, "PvPing" with no challenge gets lame quick.
    Some twinks are bad. They're usually not hard to kill because mashing buttons in good gear is still just mashing buttons. The good twinks that obliterate you would probably have killed you regardless of gear.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Fariic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Get a grip.

    lvl 12 and 18 pvp items + rare planar gear that you buy with sourcestones and planarite from doing rifts and events. (and maybe a piece of crafted gear or two.)

    ANYONE can get that gear, and that's going to be the best gear to get in the 10-19 bracket.
    To top it off, you can't enchant most of it, becuase it's all non-level gear and the level 18 enchants require that the gear actually have a lvl 18 requirement in order to use the rune on it.

    Best weapon you can get is in your starting zone and can be got after doing one invasion event.

    It takes minimul effort to get the best gear in any level range.
    Even easier if you have a main that has the sourcestones and never used them, buy a voucher with themand send the voucher to an alt.

    You people act like there's such a thing as twinking in Rfit. This isn't WoW, you don't have to have a second account, you don't have to have a max level toon, you don't have to have hundreds of plat, you don't have to have a friend farm dungeons for you. You only need to do the content that EVERYONE ELSE CAN DO, and PURHCASE THE GEAR THAT EVERYONE ELSE CAN PURCHASE, using the SAME MARKS AND STONES THAT EVERYONE ELSE GETS from doing the content THAT EVERYONE ELSE CAN DO.

    Learn how the game works before you start crying about getting beat BY TWO PEOPLE in pvp.
    Really? You're a lvl 18 mage and got killed by a rogue and a warrior? Lol@you.
    Last edited by Fariic; 02-04-2012 at 03:21 PM.

  15. #15
    Champion Cime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Hmm, wow.

    We've gone from people crying because they get wrecked in the lvl 50 bracket to crying because they get wrecked in lower level brackets? Nerf lvl 19s!
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts