+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bets on incoming Cleric Nerfs

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bear_on_the_job View Post
    Healing was already an issue before 1.7. Unless you plan to undo your valor change entirely, and then take some more away...I don't know why you need to let this simmer at all. If you're thinking about nerfing healing, do it, and let THAT simmer.
    And let my 500,000 heals in BG take a hit? Just kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    And let my 500,000 heals in BG take a hit? Just kidding!
    I know right? I don't really know what the solution is, because your average/mediocre healer wasn't a big issue in 1.6. But those clerics that were ahead of the curve...can drive a man to drink. A flat healing nerf would hurt everyone, but something like say, diminishing returns on heals, would prevent the immortal clerics.
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Current plan is to get the valor tweak in and let things simmer for a while.

Is cleric healing on our minds? Absolutely: specifically cleric instant healing (which happens to be mostly hots). Are we going to jump to a nerf before things get a bit of a chance to settle in? No.

~Daglar
    Lead Game Designer: Rift
    Okay, after my last posting I read this... so there is still hope to do the right thing.
    Drank at Conqueronline, Vanguard, AOC, WAR and AION. Currently collecting meh Beers at Rift! aka (Killforbeers)
    WHERE'S MEH BEERS !!
    Here meh 2 cents - Keep da change ya filthy animal...
    Nice day fer Murda

I still think that passive cleanse thing is utter rubbish, especially because it can proc on every tic of a HOT (and even Overflow??). Ridiculous. Can't even mana drain them.

Is cleric healing on our minds? Absolutely: specifically cleric instant healing (which happens to be mostly hots). Are we going to jump to a nerf before things get a bit of a chance to settle in? No.

~Daglar
    Mage and rogue healing should be on your mind too. They were in a bad spot before this valor buff and are gonna be worse now. Do you guys realize that mage/rogue heals are reduced due to valor?

Bring down cleric healing and bring up mage/rogue healing.

When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

~Daglar
    Daglar stop by my thread we have cookies.
    Mends-<Reckless>

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #37
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I still think that passive cleanse thing is utter rubbish, especially because it can proc on every tic of a HOT (and even Overflow??). Ridiculous. Can't even mana drain them.
    It shouldn't be procing on every tick of a hot - not according to how the ability is set up - I'll ask QA to take a look. It does however need an internal cooldown added.

Of note: Clerics that ran the overload spec previously had this ability as well. Its not new, but it is more available.

~Daglar

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Mage and rogue healing should be on your mind too. They were in a bad spot before this valor buff and are gonna be worse now. Do you guys realize that mage/rogue heals are reduced due to valor?

Bring down cleric healing and bring up mage/rogue healing.
    Thread is about nerfs Zyzyx

~Daglar

The problem is few clerics actually used their Templar spec before because of the requirements. The good ones did and were noticed. It was much harder to keep healing numbers up in WFs with the loss of 21 points into Templar. Now we have 21 extra points on top of nerfed Templar spells. Of course healing is OP we just got 21 extra points to spend.
    When you're an adult, or at least over 21 in the states, you can walk into a store and as long as you have about $10, pick up what I like to call "video game fun enhancement serum" also known as "tomorrow I'm going to throw up in bed but holy **** I finally beat that boss last night. I think. **** I don't remember" occasionally also known as "I think I deleted my Oblivion save game." -Homebrew

It shouldn't be procing on every tick of a hot - not according to how the ability is set up - I'll ask QA to take a look. It does however need an internal cooldown added.

Of note: Clerics that ran the overload spec previously had this ability as well. Its not new, but it is more available.

~Daglar
    An internal GCD would probably do it; the other skills corresponding to that one in the other callings all have one if I recall. Also I maybe spoke prematurely, from tests I just did it's not proccing off of every HOT tic. It's worth looking into whether it's affected by Ripple and Overflow (the latter is tough to test) though.

Thread is about nerfs Zyzyx

~Daglar
    With the smackdown.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Champion of Telara

~Daglar
    I havent really noticed one way or the other, but warriors arnt really dependent on debuffs. I will say that I like the valor changes where they were at, they were great for when there was little to no heals. The problem was that you nerfed damage significantly (~28% at full valor) without a reiprocal nerf to heals. And healers were not having major issues prior in 1.6. The problem was both damage AND heals were far too much a portion of a players health for pvp. You got one portion of the equation right, the other half you still need to work with.

P.S. making casters actually have to CAST in pvp would be a good thing. Far too many instants on clerics that are far too good for the health of pvp.

I hope other proc based debuffs and dots are getting an icd as well.

Clerics don't need a nerf, the insane mitigation and health that everyone has needs a nerf.
    ~Quiescent

Plane Touched

Stop all the dangblasted qq. EVERY class had their moment to shine after their patch. DEAL WITH IT!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast