Closed Thread
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Thread: Mercenaries kind of suck...

Default Mercenaries kind of suck...

Perhaps ya'll just didn't think this one through. I mean, at first I thought this might be a great idea to alleviate the queue times myself. All of that changed when I got into my first few WFs with the merc's you threw in there.

I know you were trying to be helpful in implementing this, but understand, having "team mates" that do nothing but cheer for their "home" team, berate their assigned team members in chat, and then refuse to do anything but stand around buffing themselves to avoid the afk penalty or better yet, deliberately farm themselves out isn't really that helpful at all. It isn't really fun to run a Whitefall when the merc grabs the flag but refuses to cap it so they can deliberately cause a team to lose or at least not win. It's great having 2 healers in a library who brag about being the top healers (normally, for their own team that is), and then refuse to do any healing at all for the team they're put in. Etc. Etc.

This is going on with both sides, and it really tends to shatter whatever small tiny modicum of teamwork that anyone can put together in a PUG. Just an observation that this perhaps wasn't the greatest idea.

Please rethink this.

Sincerely,

Ed.

Ascendant

this will settle soon when people get bored of being suicidal i think. Give it a week or two. On the end people want to win, and they gain nothing by letting the other team win.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Edany View Post
    Rant about idiots
    Report them.

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    this will settle soon when people get bored of being suicidal i think. Give it a week or two. On the end people want to win, and they gain nothing by letting the other team win.
    I'm inclined to believe this will be the case. Yes, you'll always have jerks, but as the novelty of "ZOMG I'M ON THE OTHER SIDE TIME TO TROLL!" wears off, and people start seeing their favor intake slow down...

Champion of Telara

Everyone saw this coming and it was commented on PTS. I don't know they didn't implement mercs as optional or by player choice at the VERY LEAST.

Ascendant

dont pvp if you dont like it

Meh.. i say leave the feature in then add a setting to disable the ability to enter as a mercenary.

Those that don't want to be merc's can que and enjoy longer que times and those who just want to PVP can que and enjoy quick matches.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Keldaria View Post
    Meh.. i say leave the feature in then add a setting to disable the ability to enter as a mercenary.

Those that don't want to be merc's can que and enjoy longer que times and those who just want to PVP can que and enjoy quick matches.

this wont "help"..there isn't a problem to be helped in the first place. The trolls would troll regardless. Just because you aren't a merc doesn't mean someone else wont be..unless you want them to have a totally separate queue of whiners.....hmm OK maybe that would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoam View Post
    this wont "help"..there isn't a problem to be helped in the first place. The trolls would troll regardless. Just because you aren't a merc doesn't mean someone else wont be..unless you want them to have a totally separate queue of whiners.....hmm OK maybe that would help.
    No it wouldn't, because those people complaining about mercenaries will then continue to complain about the queue times for PvP.

I agree that most of this will subside once the novelty wears off.

For those that really do offend repeatedly, though, report them. Deliberately griefing is against the EULA, I think, if I read it correctly when they put it up this last time.

Eventually, though, the people who are grinding for gear or are truly interested in helping will do so no matter which side they end up on.
    "If you argue for your limitations, you get to keep them" - Richard Bach
    "Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness..." - Anonymous

Great list of help for new players! Click Here!

I just want an option to turn it off.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Edany View Post
    Perhaps ya'll just didn't think this one through. I mean, at first I thought this might be a great idea to alleviate the queue times myself. All of that changed when I got into my first few WFs with the merc's you threw in there.

I know you were trying to be helpful in implementing this, but understand, having "team mates" that do nothing but cheer for their "home" team, berate their assigned team members in chat, and then refuse to do anything but stand around buffing themselves to avoid the afk penalty or better yet, deliberately farm themselves out isn't really that helpful at all. It isn't really fun to run a Whitefall when the merc grabs the flag but refuses to cap it so they can deliberately cause a team to lose or at least not win. It's great having 2 healers in a library who brag about being the top healers (normally, for their own team that is), and then refuse to do any healing at all for the team they're put in. Etc. Etc.

This is going on with both sides, and it really tends to shatter whatever small tiny modicum of teamwork that anyone can put together in a PUG. Just an observation that this perhaps wasn't the greatest idea.

Please rethink this.

Sincerely,

Ed.
    Can't really blame Trion for not thinking this might happen.
    It sure as hell never happened in EQ2, in fact in EQ2 it worked well.

A lot of the PvP community have been very vocal in asking for team vs team rather than faction vs faction, I don't understand why they'd want to risk losing it.

Pretty sure the novelty of being moronic will wear off soon enough. Failing that, I guess the kids have to sleep sometime.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Soulwalker

i just canceled my subscription , this idea is BS ..its getting the poor pvp system even worst !
    they really didnt think that one ! i agree !

I heard mercs on the opposing team were dancing and letting the other team capture points.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsqt View Post
    i just canceled my subscription , this idea is BS ..its getting the poor pvp system even worst !
    they really didnt think that one ! i agree !
    Actually IN MY OPINION it's a VERY good idea.

Currently it's the players that are ruining it. Sadly you can't put brains in statues. When it sinks in that sabotaging the match and letting the team you're NOT PLAYING in win is dumb, surely it will stop. In the mean time /report is your friend.

Having two teams not dependent on faction, against each other, will reduce queue times, and lessen the chance of being up against a pre-made.

On a side note. I find it quite odd that you only created a forum account just to post that.
    Last edited by Charlice; 02-01-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast