+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: New PvP Thoughts!

  1. #1
    Prophet of Telara CericX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,011

    Default New PvP Thoughts!

    As the title says, I find myself pondering what would be cool and different that could be added to Rift PvP. This is NOT a complaint section so please don't.

    40vs40 WF that goes once a week. Guild Vs Guild. Might as well include castles!

    Mixed WF's, Defiant w\ Guardians that only allow single players to join, no groups at all! Teams to be mixed 1\1 (No more tandem queuing!) so that we find ourselves playing against our friends and with the hated OTHERS!

    Raid Vs Raid tiers on the weekend where 20vs20, 10vs10 etc can be pitted against each other. Bring the whole guild! Possibly a scheduled competition chart.

    Arena...

    Rankings

    Finally..lets add Catapults to some of the existing WF's! 1 or 2 people required to man one, manual aiming LOOONG Range out of LOS so it requires spotters to call..Massive AOE Destruction of all players caught.

    More if I come up with em. Thoughts? **Not claiming ANY of these ideas as original...cept the Catapults**
    Last edited by CericX; 01-12-2012 at 06:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Luocha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    As the title says, I find myself pondering what would be cool and different that could be added to Rift PvP. This is NOT a complaint section so please don't.

    40vs40 WF that goes once a week. Guild Vs Guild. Might as well include castles!

    Mixed WF's, Defiant w\ Guardians that only allow single players to join, no groups at all! Teams to be mixed 1\1 (No more tandem queuing!) so that we find ourselves playing against our friends and with the hated OTHERS!

    Raid Vs Raid tiers on the weekend where 20vs20, 10vs10 etc can be pitted against each other. Bring the whole guild! Possibly a scheduled competition chart.

    Arena...

    Rankings

    Finally..lets add Catapults to some of the existing WF's! 1 or 2 people required to man one, manual aiming LOOONG Range out of LOS so it requires spotters to call..Massive AOE Destruction of all players caught.

    More if I come up with em. Thoughts? **Not claiming ANY of these ideas as original...cept the Catapults**
    I agree wit all of this xcept the part were u wana put gaurdiens on my team :-\

  3. #3
    Mei
    Mei is offline
    Ascendant Mei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    Arena...

    Rankings
    yes

    12345678910
    Fluent

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara CericX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    I liked the mixed one! No more tears about premades vs pugs or "Do all **Insert faction** suck this bad??**

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Ashrai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Make it so we can put Guardians in the catapults and you have my vote.
    Ashrai@Deepwood
    Sporeslinger of <Godlike Awesomeness>

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Luocha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrai View Post
    Make it so we can put Guardians in the catapults and you have my vote.
    Have a Dom cc them so they can be put into the catapult!

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara CericX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Allow players to pickup squirreled players and toss them...like dwarves!

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara CericX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    A big room WF, where we face off inside a giant's house and we're effectively the mice in the walls. Everything epic size! I seem to remember this from some FPS though I don't remember which. People flying through the air shot by...dun dun dun..catapults!

    Class specific competitions such as Jousting for the warriors! Crocheting competition for the clerics of course.

    I'd expected some more ideas from people on how to make things more exciting, guessing people are happier with the state of affairs than I'd guessed.

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara Testercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Left Wow that had all of those things for a game afraid to do any of them.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

    Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara CericX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    Left Wow that had all of those things for a game afraid to do any of them.
    erm..sorry? Also..kinda creeped out about the crocheting. Anything you would LIKE to see here?

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Testercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    erm..sorry? Also..kinda creeped out about the crocheting. Anything you would LIKE to see here?
    ???????

    Yes. Wow has 2 40-man WFs, and 2 80-man world map pvp zones. You can use sieges, catapults, gunships, castle guns. It has arena, rated pvp, rated battlegrounds. Same faction against each other rated bgs. All of which are fun.

    I would like to be able to use stationary weapons against the other team. Be able to break objects. Infiltrate enemy bases. All that. I'd like ratings other thank ranks. Showing off rank is pretty pointless and uninteresting. Showing off any achievement is pretty pointless. Showing off that you maintain a high rating is pro.

    In WoW you can show off just by people looking you up in armory/standings or with your Gladiator title and mount from the previous season.

    It's not just about showing off; It's adding more competition, more to do in pvp, providing more fun to people interested in playing Rift, etc.

    And get rid of that teleportation to your side when you find a way to go to the other team's gy. That is so boring when one team just sits out of play 'til the game ends. WoW doesn't do this. You have to move or you will get farmed. Or you have to corpse walk to stay dead.

    Rift has a lot to learn from WoW with regard to keeping people entertained in pvp. If you've played those BGs, you know what I'm talking about. Port Scion is the biggest take on making a fun WF that offers a variety of objectives to increase the flow of the gameplay. Still, people can duck back and hide at the entrance, making it dumb sometimes.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

    Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara CericX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Actually kinda bummed, I've not played WoW at all so didn't know they had catapults

    That aside, I wouldn't want the exact same thing they've got anyways, hopefully something more. The guild action is what I would love to see the most though.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts