+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Low PVP Queue Times (Guardian)

Shadowlander

Default Low PVP Queue Times (Guardian)

Looking for a new server with low queue times for guardians. Pref one where guardians win at least 50% of the time r3+

Can't have both.

Shadowlander

Sure can, if it exists on defiant side with 90% wins and 3-4 min queue times it exists on guardian side

Seastone cluster has fast/instant queues for me. I would say we win about 50%, the only problem with this group is theres two or three defiant guilds that exploit their way into running 10-15 man premades fairly often. When you don't get put against those thouhg, its a pretty good group to play in.
    Last edited by Robes; 01-10-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Freeholme cluster is pretty fast and wins are pretty consistent.
    Even free cost too much now

Prophet of Telara

Go to Deepstrike/Dayblind cluster. Good times and battles.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Seastone cluster has fast/instant queues for me. I would say we win about 50%, the only problem with this group is theres two or three defiant guilds that exploit their way into running 10-15 man premades fairly often. When you don't get put against those thouhg, its a pretty good group to play in.
    If by exploiting you mean queuing in twos for maximum efficiency (premade queues are slow as hell) then sure. And 10-15? More like 8, max.
    Last edited by Bounci; 01-11-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auryon View Post
    Sure can, if it exists on defiant side with 90% wins and 3-4 min queue times it exists on guardian side
    Where is this exactly?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Where is this exactly?
    Deepstrike, you'll have long que times with all the other r8 defiants. But you'll get to lolstomp a bunch of guardians in r2 gear and pat yourself on the back. Guards here are pretty awful. They need to rename this shard 'training wheels'.
    Last edited by xAerose; 01-11-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    My experience has been the same as this. Guardians will be stomping along, and then suddenly I'll get into a warfront with 15 Seastone players in it. They can get a bit rough, but sometimes we even get close to beating them, so it can be good.

Guardians tend to do well later at night weekdays for some reason. I can usually only PvP between 12-3am EST, and we always win way more than we lose.

Of course I don't queue for Port Scion, so that might be why. I hear we don't do so well in that warfront for whatever reason, but I don't know for sure. I hate PvE in PvP so I avoid it.

i dont think anybody does well in scion because noone ques for it (unless its the daily) the only competitive warfronts are whitefall steps and codex,
    black guarden was good untill everyone got geared, now what ever team have the better gear wipes the others and camps them at the hill.
    scion, everyone either goes for kills or wants to continually bum rush the boss, either way the warfront fails.
    codex can be subjected to spawn camping but it is usually limited due to larger terrain.
    WFS can be ruined when you get a god of a shard runner, some of those guys can clear 1 end to the other in under 10 seconds i swear(Usain Bolt anyone?).

anyhoo on topic, Ive tried a few clusters and Seastone suits me well. only a few hardcore guilds with casuals, they usually play in a specific pattern so if you arnt after a challenge you can time it, same goes if you want a challenge.
    _Maximation_

P8 mage - Vejay - Seastone - Guardian
    P8 warrior - Vjay - Seastone - Guardian
    P2 rogue - Vijay - Seastone - Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by ic3h34rt View Post
    i dont think anybody does well in scion because noone ques for it (unless its the daily) the only competitive warfronts are whitefall steps and codex,
    black guarden was good untill everyone got geared, now what ever team have the better gear wipes the others and camps them at the hill.
    scion, everyone either goes for kills or wants to continually bum rush the boss, either way the warfront fails.
    codex can be subjected to spawn camping but it is usually limited due to larger terrain.
    WFS can be ruined when you get a god of a shard runner, some of those guys can clear 1 end to the other in under 10 seconds i swear(Usain Bolt anyone?).

anyhoo on topic, Ive tried a few clusters and Seastone suits me well. only a few hardcore guilds with casuals, they usually play in a specific pattern so if you arnt after a challenge you can time it, same goes if you want a challenge.
    Same again for me. Codex, Whitefall, and Library are the only 3 warfronts I queue, because they're the only 3 I like.

And it takes about 35-40 seconds for a good runner to get from one end of the map to the other if you get a straight run down the middle. If you have to veer of to the sides it gets longer.

Shadowlander

So freeholme a dead server or seastone my only two options?

Quote Originally Posted by xAerose View Post
    Deepstrike, you'll have long que times with all the other r8 defiants. But you'll get to lolstomp a bunch of guardians in r2 gear and pat yourself on the back. Guards here are pretty awful. They need to rename this shard 'training wheels'.
    Depends when you play and if you play port scion then you are not playing with the pros. Go to whitefalls and runemasters for a better experience. Codex and BG is 50/50. Port scion no one really cares about since that is noob territory. Deepstrike is fine for guardians. They do pretty well their. If you are still a lowbie maybe you can go to seastone and get carried. If you want decent comp come to deepstrike queues are nearly instant..win or lose you rank higher than other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounci View Post
    If by exploiting you mean queuing in twos for maximum efficiency (premade queues are slow as hell) then sure. And 10-15? More like 8, max.
    I support this post

In all seriousness though, it's at most 8 of us at a time, but usually it's anywhere from 3 to 6.

<Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast