+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: PTS PvP Tournament Mon. Jan 16th 9pm Eastern

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    I'll be on there if anyone is on in like 30-40mins.
    Theres a lot of people there.

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

Amon can you post winners for rogues, warrriors and clerics. in class calling tourney
    Pvp tournament 5v5 Pts Alpha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4lT..._order&list=UL
    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    SwordPlay aka ReapingGlory #1 Mage
    Phalooz aka Cromagis #1 Warrior
    Come and take the titles!

Quote Originally Posted by Swordplay View Post
    Amon can you post winners for rogues, warrriors and clerics. in class calling tourney
    I'm sure he will later on. If hes unable to edit his post he'll probably end up sending in a request to a mod to do it for him or allow him access to do it.

CPK

Trion fails with raid gear accessible to only one faction, lmao. Of all the things for them to screw up. Oh well, was still fun and hopefully they'll fix that by next week.
    Drednaught, Warrior/GM of <The Fallen Sons>
    Haxed, Cleric Alt
    Formerly of Freeholme Shard
    Currently of Seastone Shard

I'm going to put the winners of this week, in the signups for next week. I'll have it up tomorrow.
    Rules for next week:
    No consumables
    Only live gear.
    "You lost me at Balance"

I'm going to put the winners of this week, in the signups for next week. I'll have it up tomorrow.
    Rules for next week:
    No consumables
    Only live gear.
    Me and kaspurtz were talking about the 1v1's, would love to see mirror spec duels. Decide on a certain spec for each class for that week, otherwise we're only ever going to see chloro/dom's by mages, and tanky block-trinket warrior builds for warriors, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds View Post
    Me and kaspurtz were talking about the 1v1's, would love to see mirror spec duels. Decide on a certain spec for each class for that week, otherwise we're only ever going to see chloro/dom's by mages, and tanky block-trinket warrior builds for warriors, etc.
    if you want to make it as even as possible you need to do no consumables and no proc lesser/greaters/trinkets. Just straight up PvP gear and vallor essences only.

Aside from that yea you will always have outlast builds in 1v1 duels, and if you do mirror duels you still end up with RNG playing a big role if skill is equal. 1v1 is just tough to do right, no matter what.

CPK

While mirror-spec duels aren't a bad idea, I feel that it would just homogenize the tournament into an RNG-fest. IMO, part of what makes the 1v1s interesting is coming up with your own specs and seeing how they stand up against their calling. I'm all for equalizing gear, however, and hopefully that will be a non-issue if they implement a raid gear vendor for guardians by next weekend.
    Haxed, Cleric Alt

CPK

I also have a few suggestions for future tournaments based on my experience with this one:

1. For the Best-In-Calling matches, for the sake of everybody's sanity, I think we should list the winner of each calling as the "current champion" for that class. In each future tournament, anyone who wants to take a chance at that position may challenge the champion in one "best two out of three". If the challenger loses, he must wait until the next week's tournament to try again. Of course they can keep dueling for fun afterward, but only the official challenge can earn the challenger the new champion position.

2. If Trion does happen to provide a raid gear vendor for Guardians, give everyone the option to use them just so there are no more gear disparities. If not, then restricting competitors to live gear only is the only reasonable option.
    Haxed, Cleric Alt

Soulwalker

HEY seriously. all this pts duels ... are messing up my q's. i need more goods to q warfronts and carry me.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CPK View Post
    I also have a few suggestions for future tournaments based on my experience with this one:

1. For the Best-In-Calling matches, for the sake of everybody's sanity, I think we should list the winner of each calling as the "current champion" for that class. In each future tournament, anyone who wants to take a chance at that position may challenge the champion in one "best two out of three". If the challenger loses, he must wait until the next week's tournament to try again. Of course they can keep dueling for fun afterward, but only the official challenge can earn the challenger the new champion position.

2. If Trion does happen to provide a raid gear vendor for Guardians, give everyone the option to use them just so there are no more gear disparities. If not, then restricting competitors to live gear only is the only reasonable option.
    Really like the 1st suggestion. I'd much rather we spend more time on the group fights TBH, they were a lot of fun. (except when before the fight started I already saw 5 Guardians w/ Bleeds targetted)

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds View Post
    (except when before the fight started I already saw 5 Guardians w/ Bleeds targetted)
    Currently <Reckless> Scientists are working on method to keep you alive while under the pressure of 4 dps.

But in order to continue our research it will be necessary to conduct our experiments on live specimens.

Translation: Transfer to Derpstrike; join reckless.
    Last edited by Mends; 01-17-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    Mends-<Reckless>

mages that get purged will die soooooo fast even if he was healer. Especially when you get a double rapid shot a warrior and a mage with split personality nukes on your ***.
    Pvp tournament 5v5 Pts Alpha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4lT..._order&list=UL
    Come and take the titles!

Who were Rogue and Cleric, so I can get the new topic up lol
    "You lost me at Balance"

Who were Rogue and Cleric, so I can get the new topic up lol
    what were the specs? and how many ppl entered?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast