+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: current state of pvp.......

Shadowlander

Default current state of pvp.......

I havent played this game in a few months and have been playing SWTOR. That pvp system is actually worse than Rift and I am not a huge fan of the gameplay so I am thinking about coming back to Rift. How is the world pvp? I dont really care about the "carebear" battlegrounds I am mainly interested in the open world pvp aspect. Does it exist? I know the pvp system did need some work when I quit but there was still some good fights. Also, I would like to know if you people that are still around think that Trion is going to be making a good effort to make world pvp more fun and add more to it. Any input would be appreciated because I do miss all the pve options that there are. I just want a game that can sustain some good, fun, pvp. thanks.

There's some interesting shenanigans going on in the PTS right now.
    ~Quiescent

Shadowlander

like........

Look at some of the threads in the PvP boards or recently started threads by "Am0n".

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...pts-event.html
    Last edited by Zaros; 01-04-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Look at some of the threads in the PvP boards or recently started threads by "Am0n".

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...pts-event.html
    Am0n just got suspended.

Shadowlander

That sounds like it could be fun....What about pvp on other servers? I am on Deepstrike. I was just wondering if open world pvp does exist?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthal View Post
    That sounds like it could be fun....What about pvp on other servers? I am on Deepstrike. I was just wondering if open world pvp does exist?
    if there is no open world PvP on deepstrike then there isnt any anywhere. Meh, OPvP is overrated, unless they add some type of objective its just goin to remain an e-peen contest.

King of RIFT

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    if there is no open world PvP on deepstrike then there isnt any anywhere. Meh, OPvP is overrated, unless they add some type of objective its just goin to remain an e-peen contest.
    Yerp. There has to be a reason to OPvP and I already got my 'the Butcher of Mathosia' title. On a PvE shard. PvP rifts were a good idea, but there's no reason to continue doing them.
    ~Quiescent

lol I think wf's are more of a e-peen contest than WPvP. Just look at the rogue community, 98.2156% are after some type of e-peen inflation. Whether its 1v1's or topping the meters for healing (bard peen) or dmg done.

WPvP doesn't need rewards to grind out, that would just cause more guilds like SP who would end up zerging for their grind and destroying most competition with numbers. It just needs a community that wants to do guild vs guild without getting butt hurt when they lose. Maybe even a rating system would be a awesome addition for WPvP for those after peen rights to be top on their shard.

At R8 what more do you need other than some good competition, plats and bahmi ladys?

But WPvP is one of the main reasons I play MMO's, so I guess I'd prefer it no matter what.
    Shaad
    <Reckless Origin>
    Old Reckless WPvP vids: #1 #2

We're back! Seastone

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrow View Post
    lol I think wf's are more of a e-peen contest than WPvP. Just look at the rogue community, 98.2156% are after some type of e-peen inflation. Whether its 1v1's or topping the meters for healing (bard peen) or dmg done.

WPvP doesn't need rewards to grind out, that would just cause more guilds like SP who would end up zerging for their grind and destroying most competition with numbers. It just needs a community that wants to do guild vs guild without getting butt hurt when they lose. Maybe even a rating system would be a awesome addition for WPvP for those after peen rights to be top on their shard.

At R8 what more do you need other than some good competition, plats and bahmi ladys?

But WPvP is one of the main reasons I play MMO's, so I guess I'd prefer it no matter what.
    10v10 Arenas lad, thats what you want, and so do i.

King of RIFT

the current state of pvp is **** in rift ..Casters dominate the pvp with self healing and huge nukes. Beside that some pve gear is much more better than the pvp gear for pvp ..what more you could want ?
    Last edited by Cyborg; 01-04-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    the current state of pvp is **** in rift ..Casters dominate the pvp with self healing and huge nukes. Beside that some pve gear is much more better than the pvp gear for pvp ..what more you could want ?
    And PvP gear is better for PVE'ers. Have you ever heard of silences, knock-backs, and other forms of CC's you can use on these "god like" casters you describe?
    <Retired>

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    And PvP gear is better for PVE'ers. Have you ever heard of silences, knock-backs, and other forms of CC's you can use on these "god like" casters you describe?
    IMPOSSIBRU.
    That would require, you know...Rational thought.
    I shouldn't have to think to kill someone, I should just spam "1" and they'll die.
    ~Quiescent

10v10 Arenas lad, thats what you want, and so do i.
    10v20!!!

Shaad
    <Reckless Origin>
    Old Reckless WPvP vids: #1 #2

We're back! Seastone

Rift Disciple

I'd gladly give up my 51 inquisitor and cabalist self healing if every other non full healing spec gave up there's. I'm fine with pots.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast