+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What is your TOUGHEST to beat opponent

Default What is your TOUGHEST to beat opponent

Soooo, I thought it was the Trollicar, I have finally found an over all successful way to bring them down.

Now my hardest fight is a SnB warrior with heals up. I have found ways to bring down a decent one, but some of the top tier warriors are still giving me a beating for the most part.

I hate 51 NB but know how to use it, it gets hurt bad by his spec.
    I am waiting for these 1.7 changes to kick in, as are they may just be enough to give me the edge, but I am assuming some warrior changes are also coming so I look forward to seeing what the new challenges will be.

My current trick to beating them with heals up is BD/Sin/16 NB variant. Burst them down quick, syphon some of their heal, pop side steps, and pray to outlast the last bit of the fight.

When heals are down I replace NB with either RS for the passive defense, or MM for some armor Pen.
    If the warrior has a mirror though it is pretty much lights out unless they get unlucky with procs.

Goin deep RS in Guardian phase with a mirror myself makes it either a fight that lasts forever, or a game of who is going to get more mirror procs. Those fights are no fun though so I avoid it =P

Forum name: CPK
    Ingame name: Drednaught

^Is currently the "man to beat" for me

What/who is your spec/man to beat atm?

See how true the Rogue>Cleric/Mage>Warrior>Rogue theory holds =P
    "You lost me at Balance"

w/e cleric spec runs the nyx rybuke. that thing just decimates me as a mage. the stun_+dmg just smashes me unless i have a trinket up.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Ascendant

sidesteps -_-

King of RIFT

Quote Originally Posted by Feid View Post
    w/e cleric spec runs the nyx rybuke. that thing just decimates me as a mage. the stun_+dmg just smashes me unless i have a trinket up.
    I've always wondered where it stood for Mage v Cleric.

Chlorodom, and Shamicar(Trollicar) both were specs that made me relearn some things about my class. If I was newer to the game I probably would have made a QQ thread about each and got trolled off the forums.

I got them down to a science now, Just SnB warriors with the full heal hurt me. It is super funny when they use it and I steal 50% of it though =P. Also Stunning them at like 2k hp gets it done sometimes, but after they get below I think 30% HP they are insanely rough to dent for me.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    sidesteps -_-
    Yeah, I know you guys have that ability to smash me in the face after a dodge, but isn't it on CD? and with my decent dodge without sidesteps it is usually used before it comes down to the last 15 seconds of a fight.

If I am wrong enlighten me, maybe I am just overlooking something =P
    "You lost me at Balance"

Hardest beat off is using my left when im a right
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Ascendant

Its called inescapable fury. I dont know the exact cooldown on it, but it doesnt hit that hard. 600 tops on crit.

King of RIFT

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    Its called inescapable fury. I dont know the exact cooldown on it, but it doesnt hit that hard. 600 tops on crit.
    Ah ok, Im doin it right then =P
    "You lost me at Balance"

Rift Chaser

Obesity

Just kidding

Not really
    Saved@Briarcliff
    I play a Mage, just throwing it out there.

Warriors when I try to get bold and kill them through a full heal. Results half the time in death, but I do it anyway cause of the 50/50 chance.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Yeah I have dueled Dreadnaught before, really embarrassing when he finishes a fight at 100 percent.
    He has max valor with BIS heal on blocks in the sigil, as well as the mirror.....it's just....stupid in all honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    Yeah I have dueled Dreadnaught before, really embarrassing when he finishes a fight at 100 percent.
    He has max valor with BIS heal on blocks in the sigil, as well as the mirror.....it's just....stupid in all honesty.
    The only way to beat it *I think* is 51 sin 15 bd, full Burst, and hope RNG isn't in his favor, stun right before full heal. Even then it is insanely iffy.

Blah, sounds like I am asking for a nerf lmfao. Not in anyway I love the challenge of fighting him. Been trying to think up a counter. I will most likely settle with a defensive set RS heavy spec for a stalemate =P

I also have all the BiS Heal on block/deflect greaters, and mirror =P
    Last edited by Am0n; 01-04-2012 at 01:51 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

I don't know the exact build but its a vk and pali (full heal) if by some miracle we widdle him down, he lolfullheal.

It's easy to say ignore him, but regardless of what spec a cleric is in, a vk will stick to him like glue and in a dps spec, it don't have a lot of options on staying alive.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Soooo, I thought it was the Trollicar, I have finally found an over all successful way to bring them down.

Now my hardest fight is a SnB warrior with heals up. I have found ways to bring down a decent one, but some of the top tier warriors are still giving me a beating for the most part.

I hate 51 NB but know how to use it, it gets hurt bad by his spec.
    I am waiting for these 1.7 changes to kick in, as are they may just be enough to give me the edge, but I am assuming some warrior changes are also coming so I look forward to seeing what the new challenges will be.

My current trick to beating them with heals up is BD/Sin/16 NB variant. Burst them down quick, syphon some of their heal, pop side steps, and pray to outlast the last bit of the fight.

When heals are down I replace NB with either RS for the passive defense, or MM for some armor Pen.
    If the warrior has a mirror though it is pretty much lights out unless they get unlucky with procs.

Goin deep RS in Guardian phase with a mirror myself makes it either a fight that lasts forever, or a game of who is going to get more mirror procs. Those fights are no fun though so I avoid it =P

Forum name: CPK
    Ingame name: Drednaught

^Is currently the "man to beat" for me

What/who is your spec/man to beat atm?

See how true the Rogue>Cleric/Mage>Warrior>Rogue theory holds =P
    To date, Plutonus was probably the toughest opponent I've faced. Huge coordination check for your raid so long as you don't already overgear the encounter.

Oh you don't mean PvE? This game has PvP? Oh cool - I'll have to check it out some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    To date, Plutonus was probably the toughest opponent I've faced. Huge coordination check for your raid so long as you don't already overgear the encounter.

Oh you don't mean PvE? This game has PvP? Oh cool - I'll have to check it out some time.
    I think you are in the wrong forums o.O
    "You lost me at Balance"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast