+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Separation between pvp and pve

Default Separation between pvp and pve

Rift is awesome that it separates pvp and pve, but not clearly.

I feel it is OP for people to use HK gears in pvp along with the HK Synergy Crystal.

Orange HK gears are totally out damage to the Prestige 8 gears.

Even though I understand they sacrifice some valor, but gain a lot of dps with HK pieces. With more and more people are running dungeons and HK to earn marks to buy those orange gears, there are plenty of other pvpers who decide not to challenge beasts in dungeons. So it is really not fair for those pvpers to make less damage than the pvpers with HK gears.

What I really wish,
    either one of these could come truth:

- buff Pvp Synergy Crystal's attack/spell power to 200 instead of 75, and Vengence to 200 instead of 75. This would help to balance the damage output between HK pvpers and normal pvpers. Or might be a bit higher or lower, depend when testing.

- or create a new level of pvp gear for Prestige 9 and 10. Will bring more pvpers back. And to make up for all the prestige xp that the players have not earned when they were pvping as an prestige 8, take the amount of lifetime favor, put it in an equation and give the amount of prestige xp to the players. Please dont ask me the equation.

I understand for all of you who have earned those orange HK gears. It is such a long painful or maybe joyful grinding for you. But it is for the fairness of the game. People say pve weapons with Hit are better than pvp weapons. I see it is really true. Rift decided to separate pvp and pve, so they need to do it better. Just like if valor and vengeance dont work in pve, why should Pve weapons with Hit be better than pvp weapons?

WELCOME AND APPRECIATE all your thought! Thank you!

trion feels its best to reward those that express intrests in pve/pvp instead of just one or the other.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

To get the full synergy crystal bonus you are losing out on A TON of valor... just target that person first.

The only imbalance is Relic PvE weapons in PvP, especially because +hit is really good for PvP... so yeah, that should be looked into, imo just add valor to weapons and look at removing hit's effectiveness in PvP.
    @tamgros, tamgros on youtube...

Plane Touched

I think it pretty fair as it currently stands. P8s were surpassing non-p8 players in raids etc. Now that more and more people are progressing they can now return the favor and surpass the non-hk geared players in PvP.

P8 > non- hk

HK > P8

Mixture of p8 and HK gear > all

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by CowardWarrior View Post
    Rift is awesome that it separates pvp and pve, but not clearly.

I feel it is OP for people to use HK gears in pvp along with the HK Synergy Crystal.

Orange HK gears are totally out damage to the Prestige 8 gears.

Even though I understand they sacrifice some valor, but gain a lot of dps with HK pieces. With more and more people are running dungeons and HK to earn marks to buy those orange gears, there are plenty of other pvpers who decide not to challenge beasts in dungeons. So it is really not fair for those pvpers to make less damage than the pvpers with HK gears.

What I really wish,
    either one of these could come truth:

- buff Pvp Synergy Crystal's attack/spell power to 200 instead of 75, and Vengence to 200 instead of 75. This would help to balance the damage output between HK pvpers and normal pvpers. Or might be a bit higher or lower, depend when testing.

- or create a new level of pvp gear for Prestige 9 and 10. Will bring more pvpers back. And to make up for all the prestige xp that the players have not earned when they were pvping as an prestige 8, take the amount of lifetime favor, put it in an equation and give the amount of prestige xp to the players. Please dont ask me the equation.

I understand for all of you who have earned those orange HK gears. It is such a long painful or maybe joyful grinding for you. But it is for the fairness of the game. People say pve weapons with Hit are better than pvp weapons. I see it is really true. Rift decided to separate pvp and pve, so they need to do it better. Just like if valor and vengeance dont work in pve, why should Pve weapons with Hit be better than pvp weapons?

WELCOME AND APPRECIATE all your thought! Thank you!
    1) Do both content.
    2) PVP synergy was nerf, so I highly doubt they would bring that back... (It used to be 200 power)
    3) Creating rank 9/10 will not solve anything but bring in more complaints about ppl being rank 9/10 and new dungeons are coming out with better gears, so it will just be a cycle of repeated threads...

(Also notice people who are using the 4-piece HK gears have low valors and hps...)
    Last edited by soliquid; 01-04-2012 at 01:21 AM.

R40 <Forsaken>
    4/4 ROTP 11/11 HK 125/125 Ultimate Hunter

Lv49 Rogue Lv49 Cleric Lv29 Mage Lv19 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Feid View Post
    trion feels its best to reward those that express intrests in pve/pvp instead of just one or the other.
    I wish I could do both =(

Pug ROTP until I get the dags is good enough for me though.
    Last edited by Am0n; 01-04-2012 at 01:19 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

i would just like to see a r8 WF with rep/drops for weps. gain x pc of gear for your wep. take X-item to your nw rep quartermaster then they send you on a slaying spree of 6k defiants/gaurdians. when your weapon is throughly soaked in blood it is reborn as a new relic pvp wep
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Feid View Post
    i would just like to see a r8 WF with rep/drops for weps. gain x pc of gear for your wep. take X-item to your nw rep quartermaster then they send you on a slaying spree of 6k defiants/gaurdians. when your weapon is throughly soaked in blood it is reborn as a new relic pvp wep
    Where vengeance is upgraded to include some hit =D
    "You lost me at Balance"

I appreciate all your well thoughts.

Hope Rift Dev should take a look on pvp weapons real soon.

And we just have to wait now, see what will happen.

I don't think Rift is afraid to make more crazy changes though.

Shadowlander

Hit makes a lot of difference in PvP but Focus doesn't. That's another problem without doubt.

So hit and focus not working at all in PvP is definitely the best option I guess.
    Last edited by Shoegazer; 01-04-2012 at 03:42 AM.

Make the PvP weapons better. Aside from my Nihilist rifle, I avoided the PvP knives because they suck compared to what you can get crafted + valorstones or dropped in a raid. I'm not sure about the PvP weapons for cleric/warr/mage.. do they suck as well?

Of course, you know if they make the PvP weapons better all the lower ranks will break their fingers making rage threads on the forums about R8s being OP and unbalanced.

Ascendant

I don't really think the weapons alone compensate for showing up to a warfront without valor. You're going to do more damage but you're also going to burn up 40% faster than a top geared R8 in PvP gear.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Make the PvP weapons better. Aside from my Nihilist rifle, I avoided the PvP knives because they suck compared to what you can get crafted + valorstones or dropped in a raid. I'm not sure about the PvP weapons for cleric/warr/mage.. do they suck as well?

Of course, you know if they make the PvP weapons better all the lower ranks will break their fingers making rage threads on the forums about R8s being OP and unbalanced.
    Your post makes zero sense to me. So you want the PvP weapon to be better then the PvE end game raid weapon, but that would still allow P8s to join raiding and skip ahead of everyone who isn't P8 (dps wise). This thread is about people coming into PvP with end game PvE gear, your suggestion still wouldn't fix the bottom line issue of PvP and PvE bleeding into each other.

Quote Originally Posted by InternetBorn View Post
    Your post makes zero sense to me.
    Better PvP weapons might have valor/vengeance, for example. That doesn't give a R8 PvP'r an edge in raids.

Right now, if you want valor on your weapons you have to craft one. Also, apparently hit and focus work in PvP, which encourages people to use their raid drops. So... yeah. Does that make sense to you?
    Last edited by Appendy; 01-04-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Hopefully Trions new years resolution was to look into making the r8 pvp weapons really awesome for pvp. You should feel as awesome fighting players in r8 weapons as you should raiding with your new HK weapon. The hit/focus thing is one of the fewer issues I think really need to be looked into. Not cause it's *too* breaking (annoying a little) but the probable intention vs the current outcome I imagine is not what they wanted with +hit/focus. But yes, to add another, at this current time I hope their dev new year resolutions were to make pvp r8 weapons the most awesome for pvp'ing and make it far less attractive than it is atm to use Inscribed lessers over PvP lessers.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast