+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Separation between pvp and pve

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CowardWarrior View Post
    Rift is awesome that it separates pvp and pve, but not clearly.

I feel it is OP for people to use HK gears in pvp along with the HK Synergy Crystal.

Orange HK gears are totally out damage to the Prestige 8 gears.

Even though I understand they sacrifice some valor, but gain a lot of dps with HK pieces. With more and more people are running dungeons and HK to earn marks to buy those orange gears, there are plenty of other pvpers who decide not to challenge beasts in dungeons. So it is really not fair for those pvpers to make less damage than the pvpers with HK gears.

What I really wish,
    either one of these could come truth:

- buff Pvp Synergy Crystal's attack/spell power to 200 instead of 75, and Vengence to 200 instead of 75. This would help to balance the damage output between HK pvpers and normal pvpers. Or might be a bit higher or lower, depend when testing.

- or create a new level of pvp gear for Prestige 9 and 10. Will bring more pvpers back. And to make up for all the prestige xp that the players have not earned when they were pvping as an prestige 8, take the amount of lifetime favor, put it in an equation and give the amount of prestige xp to the players. Please dont ask me the equation.

I understand for all of you who have earned those orange HK gears. It is such a long painful or maybe joyful grinding for you. But it is for the fairness of the game. People say pve weapons with Hit are better than pvp weapons. I see it is really true. Rift decided to separate pvp and pve, so they need to do it better. Just like if valor and vengeance dont work in pve, why should Pve weapons with Hit be better than pvp weapons?

WELCOME AND APPRECIATE all your thought! Thank you!
    Separation of pvp and pve gear was the most idiotic thing wow did. DAOC didn't need it. Warhammer didn't need it. its a stupid move here too.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    I don't really think the weapons alone compensate for showing up to a warfront without valor. You're going to do more damage but you're also going to burn up 40% faster than a top geared R8 in PvP gear.
    Yeah on paper it looks pretty bad but I've ran wfs on my p6 warrior (raid gear along with two relics and crystal -- all Tanking gear) in my tank spec and I can take a beating from 2-3 p8s (depending on class and builds) and draw the fight out for a good minute or two if my cds are up. When I run rb/pal in my tanking gear I can still take on two p8s while getting close to killing one or both just from the burst + ss. All while rocking 300+ hit. if my tanking gear can do that. A build like rb/pal or hell RWF used with a warrior rocking full HK dps gear my die some what fast but their dmg will be pretty high almost to point of making the valor protecting player almost useless. A mage's dmg or a cleric's heals from BiS is pretty scary. You are going to die in warfronts regardless so no valor isn't really a loss if you eat threw max valor player just as easy.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Better PvP weapons might have valor/vengeance, for example. That doesn't give a R8 PvP'r an edge in raids.

Right now, if you want valor on your weapons you have to craft one. Also, apparently hit and focus work in PvP, which encourages people to use their raid drops. So... yeah. Does that make sense to you?
    AH I see what you meant now, I apologize, I thought you meant "Better" as in better then raid drop.

Rift Disciple

They should just let us loot all the gear off of players we kill.
    Tankalron :: Fires of Heaven :: Deepwood (US) Defiant

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tankalron View Post
    Talk about rage! That would be priceless.

Ascendant

No one is stopping you from doing the same. People take the extra time to progress in other aspects of the game. Don't qq about it
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

I like the idea of participating in both to receive benefits in both.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Tankalron View Post
    Ever read Homer's Iliad? Every time a warrior ate dirt, they got their butts looted right off. Hector was runnin around in Achilles' armor like trololo!

Unfortunately we feel entitled by our $ubscriptions to not get shaken down to our skivvies.

(it would be cool, tho)

It seem even HIT in these days if VERY important for pvp WTF trion ??? How and why, hit is important in pvp ??? Devs should remove the hit advantage from pve guys and normalize (buff) pvp items.

Atm pve items are AGAIN more powerfull than pvp ones.
    Last edited by Cyborg; 01-04-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Bump....

don't let this thread die

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2