+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Frankie72
  • 2 Post By Bleeds

Thread: TRION: All NEW Souls built exclusively for PvP!

Telaran

Default TRION: All NEW Souls built exclusively for PvP!

My idea is to create a whole new set of souls mirroring of all the exact same current souls for every class that exist now, but that are designed exclusively just for PvP. A whole new set of 5 PvP roles we can build. Trion has built a great game centered around all these amazingly diverse souls where you can make your class into a variety of things to suit so many roles/situations. Why not run with that same concept but for PvP. Yes, we currently have a singular soul thats designed with skills for pvp to tack onto a build, but this is just an accessory soul that has point distribution limitations and pulls you away from building points into the unique soul identities of the main class souls you may enjoy.

Thus, I am suggesting taking for example, say a rogue that is a MM or mage thats a SC'er(or whatever souls), your current soul(s) would be almost identical to the base skills unique to your class except the souls will be designed exclusively for pvp in its dps abilities,cc abilities,defense abilities, utility, etc and so on. Then also eliminate the skills that are really only most useful for pve/dungeons/and all other pve content and replace those with a new different type of skill thats ideal for pvp combat that still stays true to the souls/classes.

Also, in considering creating these new souls, they would be built and designed to where you cant just macro spam dps/heals/cc's with having to do little else as is done currently by a majority of players, and requires thoughtful execution and strategy and timing, etc.(not to mistake that strat, skill and such things are not already executed by some, but are widely mostly not - especially with the current state of the rogue class dominance of both factions - you know where I am going with this and you all know it and see it everyday, but I digress....)

Currently the existing souls for all classes have been and are continuing to be warped, twisted, bent and broken down to fit both the pve and pvp models and it's a losing up-hill battle. Eliminate the need to have to keep trying to 'BALANCE' the souls for both pve/pvp.

As we all know from being around these forums the word 'balance' is thrown around a lot for one reason or another. Right or wrong, people playing this game and love it or want to love it and also love pvp are just really desperately wanting/needing some good solid fun pvp where nobody has to be subjected all the issues that cause that dreaded word 'balance' to keep being dredged up over and over out of disgust and disappointment.(a lot of this is also still attributed to a rather on-going inadequate matching system that needs to evolve quicky, but again I digress....)

All too often we see/hear people just demoralized by the state in which pvp has existed for quite some time to present. No game will ever be perfect and we will never get it all(though it would be so great just once to have it all), but realistically we have to temper our wishes and ideals with what we are given and have right in front of us right now until things can evolve and improve.

Trion, take the already awesome concept you created with these current souls great for pve and run with it and make mirroring pvp souls. How AWESOME would it be to get a whole new set of souls to put new separate points into and build new combos designed exclusively around pvp - think of the possibilities! There can be even more points to distrubute than the pve souls, having skills we have now that would do very different things in pvp and have new skill effects, etc.

As I read over this, I see so many new questions arising and so many new things that can be pointed out and picked at as either expanding on the idea, making it more fun, and also any potential problems or issues. I think its an exciting, but very raw idea, and would like to hear more peoples thoughts good and bad - yet constructive and with respect of course....especially would like to hear from TRION and a DEV. This could be quite a monumental task to create but wow how fun would it be!
    Last edited by Frankie72; 01-03-2012 at 11:44 AM.

i be you got this from reading the forums..... but ive been suggesting this for MONTHs.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Feid View Post
    i be you got this from reading the forums..... but ive been suggesting this for MONTHs.
    no, i had a discussion last night with a friend and thought id post it here see what ppl think.

obv i dont disagree :P its a ncie write up.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Telaran

sadly i dont live on the forums scanning every single thread ever created, or i wouldnt have wasted the space lol....but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie72 View Post
    sadly i dont live on the forums scanning every single thread ever created, or i wouldnt have wasted the space lol....but oh well.
    I do Not a waste of space, its a good idea and would make it alot easier to balance.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    I do Not a waste of space, its a good idea and would make it alot easier to balance.
    yeah.... thats one of my intended points, i would think it would make balancing so much simpler and straight forward and add a new layer and more depth to the game keeping it separate from pve spec versions imo.

good idea, never gonna happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds View Post
    What do you mean? We have PvP souls! They're amazing!
    ~Quiescent

I definitely agree with this idea. I can see the challenge between balances souls between pvp and pve. If its too rough, just make mirrored souls exclusively for pvp so they can be more easily managed. Give us 5 pve roles and 5 pve roles so we can make use of those souls.

I just don't see how the devs can wrap their minds around balance with all the possible combinations out there right now when they are trying to use the same souls to be balanced for pve then saying they can do the same for pvp.

Ascendant

I'm always torn when I see stuff like this. Say the first thing that comes to mind and eat the infraction or try to keep it civil.

Did you see the patch notes for the recent SC nerf?

What did they say?

Do you have any idea whatsoever the amount of work that would go into "all new" souls just for PvP?

Trion has already been tuning select abilities to function differently in PvE vs. PvP whenever they have been unable to accomplish their goals for performance in PvE without borking things in PvP. That's enough. It's not going to turn into a PvP centric game all of a sudden, and that means "all new" souls that "mirror" what we've already got is never going to happen.

Trion is already doing the next best thing, but you wouldn't know it from the way people still ask for them to do what they've already been doing.

I agree.

Honestly Bleeds, i think people "Like" your posts because they are intimidated by you. What have you done to the Pvp community sir!

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    I agree.

Honestly Bleeds, i think people "Like" your posts because they are intimidated by you. What have you done to the Pvp community sir!
    Aww gosh I hope not! I always figured it was because I try to make every post at least somewhat insightful and or hilarious. Sometimes both. (usually achieving neither)

Aww gosh I hope not! I always figured it was because I try to make every post at least somewhat insightful and or hilarious. Sometimes both. (usually achieving neither)
    I like you. Always straight to the point and no nonsense. We need more of you around.

+ Reply to Thread