+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Fix PvP DPS please, it makes PvP skill-less.

Plane Touched

Default Fix PvP DPS please, it makes PvP skill-less.

I brought this up mid-thread in another post, but I think my gripe needs its own thread. The PvP in this game is nothing more than macro spamming DPS dominated, no strategy, no skill, horse baloney!
    The damage output is absolutely absurd considering the ~5K HP that most players have in warfronts. All the wonderful effort put into this game with such a variety of spells, buffs, debuffs, and utilities are an epic waste in the manner PvP exists right now. It's still not strategy based, it's certainly not skilled, in fact it's nothing short of macro spamming DPS with way to much dmg output and way to many AOE attacks.

CC is almost useless, some moron always breaks it with an AOE, and every moron has AOE. Debuff's … why? Someone else is going to kill the person before you get 2 debuffs on them or purge their buffs. Of all the cool tools that some of these spec's have it's such a shame it's pretty much useless to do anything except spam your dps macro or your AOE heal; depending on your class. That's really it, people just die too quickly, its way to gear centric and way too little utility and skill centric. Good players should need to use everything available to them including; GASP .. strategy. That’s however is not even remotely the state of PvP right now.

Make people CC a healer to kill, make people use silence in a timely manner, make people LOS, root, debuff, purge, reflect etc .. right now all of that exists but is entirely and completely unnecessary to win a WF, instead get sick gear spam DPS macro's and collect the wins. Please for the love of god either fix this, or create arenas where in a 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 situation skill and timely use of tools will decide the outcome more often than gear and macro’s alone.

Lower DPS, raise Valor and nerf some of the AOE, PvP as it stands is mindless.
    Last edited by Sonic Rain Boom; 01-03-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Profanity

PVP is balanced around R8s. Get R8, then cry.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

You're the only healing cleric I've ever seen complaining about survivability... That's an accomplishment.

dear healing cleric.. let me tell you a story..

Yesterday i did a WF where i ran into another cleric running a hybrid spec. myself + 2 other dps were unable to kill them. the other 2 dps being r4 and myself being r8.

Get r8. then your tears will go away
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Banned

Taht's kind of funny, because pretty much every game that you see go 500-2 and the like, one side had healers and the other didn't. Heals win matches, plain and simple, not much else matters.

Plane Touched

It's not my survive-ability, I'm fine at R5. It's the game, it just mashing macro's .... Might as well play BF3 and just shoot people in the face all day. I never see anyone in a WF use more then 3 button worth of skills EVER, it's just a sad state. The classes are full of utility, but it's all useless. The only thing worthwhile in the current state of PvP is DPS .. flat out. I just want to see the game move in a more skill based direction. Even as a healer I can Silence and Crushing Wave once in a while, otherwise about all I can do is wait on GCD's spam more heals or it's GG. The game allows no utility as it stands, it's either spam dps or spam heals. the only 2 useful facets of an otherwise brilliants set of abilities most classes have.
    Last edited by motral; 01-03-2012 at 10:13 AM.

I talk alot of trash on these forums but one ting i dont do as a healing cleric is ask for any dps nerf. Id rather they double every dps damage because if they dont im gonna get nerfed on day. Imo dps from melee is too low and ranged are to squishy. Be happy ur a cleric healer there is not 1 or 2 or 3 people that can kill u. Cleric heals are the top dog right now just keep working at it bcause at a certain point w are God mode and so r the people we r healing i f'in love it.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Macros are easy mode yes but we get them also. Nothing is better then mcroing my aoe cast heal and when i got 10 people low around me spamming my healers hast macro and getting instant aoe heals with serendipiy procs. Im telling ya clerics if played right and macroed right will not die.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybadlady View Post
    Macros are easy mode yes but we get them also. Nothing is better then mcroing my aoe cast heal and when i got 10 people low around me spamming my healers hast macro and getting instant aoe heals with serendipiy procs. Im telling ya clerics if played right and macroed right will not die.
    That's very much to my point; all it is is spamming, they spam AOE dps you spam AOE heals, good times! It's not skill, it's not CC, it's not debuff's, it's not purges, it nothing short of a GCD race of spamming. In the end, the better geared spammers win. I win in plenty of WF's .. so that's not my complaint, my complaint is merely make the game more skill based, not gear spam, macro based. 9/10 times DPS classes don't even know what attack they are using, it's whatever is first in line on the macro that is off cooldown, that's sad.
    Last edited by motral; 01-03-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by motral View Post
    It's not my survive-ability, I'm fine at R5. It's the game, it just mashing macro's .... Might as well play BF3 and just shoot people in the face all day. I never see anyone in a WF use more then 3 button worth of skills EVER, it's just a sad state. The classes are full of utility, but it's all useless. The only thing worthwhile in the current state of PvP is DPS .. flat out. I just want to see the game move in a more skill based direction. Even as a healer I can Silence and Crushing Wave once in a while, otherwise about all I can do is wait on GCD's spam more heals or it's GG. The game allows no utility as it stands, it's either spam dps or spam heals. the only 2 useful facets of an otherwise brilliants set of abilities most classes have.
    The only macros i currently use are @mouseover in my dom spec...

Macros
    #show Transmogrify
    cast @mouseover Transmogrify

#show Deny
    cast @mouseover Deny

#show Mental Shock
    cast @mouseover Mental Shock

#show Priest's Lament
    cast @mouseover Priest's Lament

#show Death's Edict
    cast @mouseover Death's Edict

#show Disorient
    cast @mouseover Disorient

#show Incompetence
    cast @mouseover Incompetence

ect ect. i never combine keys for ",max" dmg becuase in a situation for example. i maight not want to blow a spell because it will result in MAD overkill + be on CD. so i use a seperate one. yes seeing people use "skillless" macros is annoying. it also limits them adn you should know what to expect ebcasue of it.
    Last edited by Feid; 01-03-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Telaran

Default Imo this wont work right now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    PVP is balanced around R8s. Get R8, then cry.
    The Gap is too wide already between the majority of current guardians at R4-R6 and many not even in their rank associated gear yet vs. the currently predominantly R8 defiants fully geared and using consumable pvp items and have nothing left to earn but favor to spend on more consuambles and just crush and obliterate poorly matched opponents. The disparity gets even wider and wider as the point spread is so large for wins vs. loss and in this scenario is repeated daily.... there is no catching up to be that R8 to stand toe to toe.

The system is lacking and there are leaks and holes and yes there are still some balancing tweaks still that can help evolve the pvp from what it is now to improve it. I dont know all the answers and dont pretend to have any immediate solutions, however an example: Wizard 101 - yes sad im having to reference a tween based mmo - but they got pvp right with not only arena style 1v1 2v2 3v3 grpvgrp etc, but they match on rank and gear and level - and their matching system is really good. Its a viable option for Trion to consider rather than just matching on rank alone with isnt working right now. Also imo i wouldnt match R5/R6 with R7/R8 the jump is just cumulatively too large in that gear plus the cumulative use of consumables etc.

Ultimately I wouldnt irradicate the current warfronts, just add in areans as altherative options for players that would like to execute true combat action skill and strategy against your equal. Also imo I think they should consider making an entire set of pvp souls for all classes mirroring our current souls. This way sould can be developed precisely for pvp in mind rather than trying to balance the crap out of the standard sould for both pve and pvp. But ill make a separate post for this idea.

Rift Disciple

I've played games that allow macros... I've played games that don't allow macros. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. It's asinine to come into a game knowing it's limitation and allowances and expecting it to change to your whim. If you aren't doing everything you can to be the best (within whats allowable by the ToS) than you might as well not bother or accept the fact that you won't be as good as others. But don't whine or complain about it. So you've gone from whining about your ability to survive (which I can summarize your post to mean exactly that) to complaining about other peoples lack of skill...

Plane Touched

Take consumables out of PvP entirely IMO. You should come in with all buff's wiped and only be able to use the buff's you and your allies have available to you. Much like the arena system in WoW. I click on some people and I swear they are running 20+ consumables. That's not PvP, that's not skill, that's yet again a type of "gear"
    Last edited by motral; 01-03-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by motral View Post
    That's very much to my point; all it is is spamming, they spam AOE dps you spam AOE heals, good times! It's not skill, it's not CC, it's not debuff's, it's not purges, it nothing short of a GCD race of spamming. In the end, the better geared spammers win. I win in plenty of WF's .. so that's not my complaint, my complaint is merely make the game more skill based, not gear spam, macro based. 9/10 times DPS classes don't even know what attack they are using, it's whatever is first in line on the macro that is off cooldown, that's sad.
    That's a cool story. Only I have 3 macros total:

tar magus
    mark 8

tar spirit
    mark 7

rw Interrupted X Next
    cast deaden

. . .
    I do just fine. I purge, I interrupt, I knockback off cliffs.

If it wasn't for crazy OP heals and out of this world mage damage then the game would be a lot more fun.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by xAerose View Post
    I've played games that allow macros... I've played games that don't allow macros. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. It's asinine to come into a game knowing it's limitation and allowances and expecting it to change to your whim. If you aren't doing everything you can to be the best (within whats allowable by the ToS) than you might as well not bother or accept the fact that you won't be as good as others. But don't whine or complain about it. So you've gone from whining about your ability to survive (which I can summarize your post to mean exactly that) to complaining about other peoples lack of skill...
    I am all for Macro's, I use them. I'm saying the game is dominated by say 2-3 DPS macro's per class. It should require more then DPS macro's to win, to play well, to succeed. But it doesn't. 1/4th of all a classes abilities are either ignored or just not needed in the current state.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast