+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Book of the fallen!!!

  1. #1
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default Book of the fallen!!!

    Any PvPer that wants to show off should get this addon. It is just awesome

    Why?

    It records all encounters but the part that is cool for us?

    It records all PvP encounters

    How many killing blows you have gotten.
    How many kills were 100% solo by you
    How many times you have died
    How many times you have died with only one person attacking you

    It also has a scoring system.
    I just recently got it and my PvP score is +200 (yes you can go into negatives)

    It also saves the names off all encounters
    I like it A LOT.

    Check it out at RiftUi
    "You lost me at Balance"

  2. #2
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717
    "You lost me at Balance"

  3. #3
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    That sounds really cool. Thanks.
    ~Quiescent

  4. #4
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    That sounds really cool. Thanks.
    No problem. It is a fun addon.
    And if you go and test specs and lose 800 duels and kill your score, you can reset it lol. Ive done it a few times trying to beat some SnB specs with heals up =P
    "You lost me at Balance"

  5. #5
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,413

    Default

    Awww, if i wasnt so against addons i would use it. There is this one addon that im jonesing to use (the one that tracks buffs and debuff) but i just can pull myself to use it.


  6. #6
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Awww, if i wasnt so against addons i would use it. There is this one addon that im jonesing to use (the one that tracks buffs and debuff) but i just can pull myself to use it.

    *Don't take offense not trying to sound like a prick* Trying to make you see the light =P

    Addons are available for anyone, it IS NOT a handicap to use them.
    Since it is an open tool it is gimping yourself not to.

    Some will argue a good player will take the harder route.
    I prefer the work smarter not harder route.
    Or brain over brawn

    You wont be a bad player for using addons, if you are exceptional without them, you are only increasing what you can do by using them. I openly use addons.

    I kicked *** before they were available, and now I can pay more attention to positioning, than watching buff bars. Makes reaction times better.

    Adapt and overcome, don't fight change.

    If you embrace it it makes you stronger.
    How many more of these can I think of o.O

    Ill stop there lol
    "You lost me at Balance"

  7. #7
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    *Don't take offense not trying to sound like a prick* Trying to make you see the light =P

    Addons are available for anyone, it IS NOT a handicap to use them.
    Since it is an open tool it is gimping yourself not to.

    Some will argue a good player will take the harder route.
    I prefer the work smarter not harder route.
    Or brain over brawn

    You wont be a bad player for using addons, if you are exceptional without them, you are only increasing what you can do by using them. I openly use addons.

    I kicked *** before they were available, and now I can pay more attention to positioning, than watching buff bars. Makes reaction times better.

    Adapt and overcome, don't fight change.

    If you embrace it it makes you stronger.
    How many more of these can I think of o.O

    Ill stop there lol
    I use this analogy alot for debates like this. Especially when it came down to the CS1.6 vs. CS Source arguments years ago.

    Put me and Kobe Bryant at the free throw line. I get 3/10. Kobe gets 9/10.

    Now widen the hoop's diameter by 5feet.

    Now we're both shooting 10/10.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

    puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

  8. #8
    Banned Swiftly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Any PvPer that wants to show off should get this addon. It is just awesome

    Why?

    It records all encounters but the part that is cool for us?

    It records all PvP encounters

    How many killing blows you have gotten.
    How many kills were 100% solo by you
    How many times you have died
    How many times you have died with only one person attacking you

    It also has a scoring system.
    I just recently got it and my PvP score is +200 (yes you can go into negatives)

    It also saves the names off all encounters
    I like it A LOT.

    Check it out at RiftUi
    Holy ****, thanks for pointing this out. I use to love the **** out of Dammaz Kron.

  9. #9
    Banned Swiftly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    *Don't take offense not trying to sound like a prick* Trying to make you see the light =P

    Addons are available for anyone, it IS NOT a handicap to use them.
    Since it is an open tool it is gimping yourself not to.

    Some will argue a good player will take the harder route.
    I prefer the work smarter not harder route.
    Or brain over brawn

    You wont be a bad player for using addons, if you are exceptional without them, you are only increasing what you can do by using them. I openly use addons.

    I kicked *** before they were available, and now I can pay more attention to positioning, than watching buff bars. Makes reaction times better.

    Adapt and overcome, don't fight change.

    If you embrace it it makes you stronger.
    How many more of these can I think of o.O

    Ill stop there lol
    There is a huge difference between aesthetic addons, and gameplay changing addons. BoTF is nothing more then aesthetic score keeper. While I wouldn't say making the buff/debuff bars more readable a gameplay changing addon. Macros, I hate them, as far as PVP is concerned, It's like what nerfed buttons was in warhammer, and it changed gameplay considerably. It turned people that couldn't figure out how to mash 3-4 buttons correctly, to put it all into 1 button with positional s, and conditions, with "if you're behind use XXXX", "If target is >XX% use XXXX ability"

  10. #10
    Sword of Telara Feid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    881

    Default

    how much memory does this addon takeup? simplemeter in pvp lags me up horribly becuase of what it records. but rather in pve it runs fine..
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Tigruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    This is so effing cool. Thanks.

    Am0n for PvP dev?
    <Retired>

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara Feid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    881

    Default

    this addon just tracks you pvp history. which i snice and gives you a rating *which is what pvpers WANT. and trion is so ignorantly ignoring.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    I use this analogy alot for debates like this. Especially when it came down to the CS1.6 vs. CS Source arguments years ago.

    Put me and Kobe Bryant at the free throw line. I get 3/10. Kobe gets 9/10.

    Now widen the hoop's diameter by 5feet.

    Now we're both shooting 10/10.
    Yeah, but widening the hoop would be game changing, Whereas positioning your hands differently on the ball is 100% allowed and will better your shot =P
    "You lost me at Balance"

  14. #14
    Ascendant Appendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Addons are for gay people , so no thank.
    I know a lot of gay people who are really awesome and happen to be good friends of mine. Please don't use the 'gay people' thing like it's an insult.

    As for this add-on, I think I saw a vid of it and the message pop ups looked annoying -_-

    It seems neat tho.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    I know a lot of gay people who are really awesome and happen to be good friends of mine. Please don't use the 'gay people' thing like it's an insult.

    As for this add-on, I think I saw a vid of it and the message pop ups looked annoying -_-

    It seems neat tho.
    You can turn off the pop ups. They get me off though so I leave em.
    Last edited by xAerose; 01-03-2012 at 04:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts