+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Devs: How about this idea for WF balancing?

Default Devs: How about this idea for WF balancing?

When I que for a random or specific dungeon, I have to state my position, tank, heals, dps, dps or support.

Why not do the same for WF? This will eliminate a WF, hopefully of healers and anrchers, hrm, since anyone can tank these days. We could make it so you cannot switch roles once in a WF.

How about limit it by class: Warrior, Cleric, Rogue and Mage?

As for levels being more equal, just as you check for Hit/AP for certain tier dungeons, check for rank. Make it so only within one rank can be playing with another.

For example, you are rank 2. Rank2's 1's and 3's can play in your WF. If you are rank 1, then you can play with 1's and 2's etc.

Just some thoughts.

Banned

Queue times are bad enough already. They would skyrocket with such a system.

points for trying though

/role 5
    Queue
    /role 3
    Pew

I can show up as healer and still not heal as a mage and cleric
    Or queue as support

Not to mention, the LFD tool doesnt look at current role, but all roles/

So it doesnt really matter.
    Last edited by Eughe; 12-31-2011 at 11:19 PM.

I don't see how a tank would be useful in pvp at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    I don't see how a tank would be useful in pvp at all.
    tell this to the warrs rocking deep pally & VK

This has been discussed.

Until populations are fixed, and one side disparity. This couldn't work, or at least would lead to 2 hour+ queue times.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Srimiester View Post
    When I que for a random or specific dungeon, I have to state my position, tank, heals, dps, dps or support.

Why not do the same for WF? This will eliminate a WF, hopefully of healers and anrchers, hrm, since anyone can tank these days. We could make it so you cannot switch roles once in a WF.

How about limit it by class: Warrior, Cleric, Rogue and Mage?

As for levels being more equal, just as you check for Hit/AP for certain tier dungeons, check for rank. Make it so only within one rank can be playing with another.

For example, you are rank 2. Rank2's 1's and 3's can play in your WF. If you are rank 1, then you can play with 1's and 2's etc.

Just some thoughts.
    Not being able to switch roles in a warfront is not something I would ever get behind. I like being able to switch roles depending on what I need to do.

Last edited by Zaros; 01-01-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Red vs Blue is the only way to balance warfronts. Mix and match defiants and guardians to fight other mixed teams.
    Last edited by Rizaz; 01-01-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Red vs Blue is the best way to balance warfronts. Mix and match defiants and guardians to fight other mixed teams.
    BUT THE LOOOOOOOOOOORE
    enablecaps
    ~Quiescent

Red vs Blue is the only way to balance warfronts. Mix and match defiants and guardians to fight other mixed teams.
    I wish they would eliminate factions all together, and have alliance chosen by the guild you are in. Wont happen but would be amazing
    "You lost me at Balance"

Ascendant

EQ1 had no set factions. Just guards which would attack you if they were KOS to your race or religion. Worked great then, would work great now.

EQ1 had no set factions. Just guards which would attack you if they were KOS to your race or religion. Worked great then, would work great now.
    Minus the fact that Rift had to split factions with lure. I hope with an expansion that at level 50 you get the option to leave your faction and be a renegade, having like a renegade island or something like that where in that town everyone is friendly, but outside of it everyone is fair game.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Soulwalker

We could make it so you cannot switch roles once in a WF.
    Absolutely against it. The nice thing about Rift's role system is the ability to switch and adjust based on what's missing, be it a dungeon, raid or especially - Warfront. Not enough healers? switch to one. The group is dropping too quickly? Switch to a tank role to attract and withstand some firepower. The DPS is too low? same thing. Removing this aspect of the game from warfronts would be akin to Rift's warfront system shooting yourself in the foot[Or taking an arrow in the knee, if you will].

You need to think about it a bit further - You're rank 2, so ranks 1 and 3 can join your warfront. That's fine. However, for the rank 3 guy joining, a rank 2&4 can join. For the rank 4 that joins, ranks 3&5 can join and so on and so forth until eventually you get into a point where any rank can join a warfront.

Rift Disciple

I'm more about derp balancing. You should take an IQ test once you hit 50 over rift basics. Then be assigned a number, lower end of the spectrum would of course be the derps. That way trion could balance both teams based off of derpness. I don't care what class you play or what rank you are, as long as you play it well. /lulz
    Last edited by xAerose; 01-01-2012 at 02:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast