+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Zaros
  • 1 Post By Zeypher

Thread: Dueling, and what needs to be changed

Default Dueling, and what needs to be changed

After spending most of yesterday dueling, watching duels and disconnecting with some of the best PvPers on the PTS, we came to a general consensus about dueling and what needs to be changed. I would strongly suggest implementing these changes, or even a few of them to simply aid the PvP community as it tries to organize it's own events, which I'm sure most of the devs are already aware of by now.
    • Increase the duel length/radius.
      I can't count how many times I saw a great duel end because someone ran out of the duel radius. This absolutely kills kiting builds, and unfairly advantages melee DPS in most duels. I can see shennanigans happening all over if there was no limit to dueling length, but I think doubling the radius at minimum would be doable without causing harm.
    • Allow multiplayer duels.
      Pretty simple, really. 2v2s, 5v5s etc currently aren't possible against your own faction, which results in a loss of really amazing matches we'd all love to see, because the duels simply aren't possible at the moment.
    • Allow cross-faction duels, along with multiplayer ones.
      The same sentiment as the above post. There's so much that we're missing out on because dueling comps are set in stone and can't be varied.

While I'm sure there's ways to circumvent these on the PTS, it would involve the PTS giving out free gear constantly, which is an entirely different issue and I, along with many others would love if this was possible on live.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    [*]Increase the duel length/radius.
    I can't count how many times I saw a great duel end because someone ran out of the duel radius. This absolutely kills kiting builds, and unfairly advantages melee DPS in most duels. I can see shennanigans happening all over if there was no limit to dueling length, but I think doubling the radius at minimum would be doable without causing harm.
    Agreed! I was trying to kite Zaros on Alpha PTS and ended up running out. :3 Such a short distance.
    Last edited by Cromagis; 12-31-2011 at 02:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

I totes dueled too.

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

Yeah, have to agree.

I wasn't able to lag jump as far as I would have liked.

+ Reply to Thread