+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How to beat the crap out of Rangers In pvp

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default How to beat the crap out of Rangers In pvp

    hey guys, my role is a Dps Melee Cleric and i really enjoy playing with it. But 1 problem is ****ing up

    everything. Can Anyone please please tell me How to stay as a melee cleric and beat the **** out of rangers

    and marksman rogues. Every time i use Battle Charge they use that gay get away or Immune to movement

    thingy and starts running like ****ing bunnys and then bursts me down in 3 sec. thank you ^.^.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Mayuko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    429

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    To beat rangers just look at them funny. Rangers are pathetic in pvp.

    Marksmen - well you're a cleric. You can outheal anything a MM can do to you.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Sezyrrith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    To beat rangers just look at them funny. Rangers are pathetic in pvp.

    Marksmen - well you're a cleric. You can outheal anything a MM can do to you.
    He's a DPS melee cleric. He won't outheal anything.
    Craig: [incredulous] Is that a reference from the Archbishop of Canterbury?!
    The Doctor
    : I'm his special favourite. Shhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mridc View Post
    Rouges are overpowdered.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sezyrrith View Post
    He's a DPS melee cleric. He won't outheal anything.
    Then its his own fault for playing a stupid spec.

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara EranB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Clerics outhealing Marksman Rogues?

    lol

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EranB View Post
    Clerics outhealing Marksman Rogues?

    lol
    Easily. Very easily.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker Stignos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Easily. Very easily.
    Not if the marksman is using Vampiric Munitions. How about Deaden to top it off?

    If I get the finisher in before he does healers normally go down and heal me in the process...

    And lets be honest, if you dont get the jump on people playing a rouge, your doing something wrong.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stignos View Post
    Not if the marksman is using Vampiric Munitions. How about Deaden to top it off?

    If I get the finisher in before he does healers normally go down and heal me in the process...

    And lets be honest, if you dont get the jump on people playing a rouge, your doing something wrong.
    Cleanse. HoT. Instant cast heal. Can't deaden them.....

    Sub 50 or low rank bad clerics maybe you can get. But high rank - not a hope. They can laugh their way thru a MM focusing them.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched vendeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Cleanse. HoT. Instant cast heal. Can't deaden them.....

    Sub 50 or low rank bad clerics maybe you can get. But high rank - not a hope. They can laugh their way thru a MM focusing them.
    I beat up r8 clerics as my MM spec a lot (whenever i want a challenge or want to play with clerics). Usually just get 5 combo points let there serendiputy come up -> deaden .5 sec cast -> deadeye shot, bulls eye 3k -> lightning fury -> anthema -> strafe (silence coating usually comes up) -> rapid fire shot -> eradicate if mitgation cd comes up -> repeat. if they are smart though, they will loS u and thats wen u go kill a mage and just CC the cleric (mages are way to squishy for a cleric to heal through).

    thats just my experience of what works for me with MM. if i rly want to killa cleric ill just go NB my real spec lol.
    Vyndeta@Derpstrike <Reckless> Rank 8 rogue
    Formerly Vendeta@Dayblind/seastone/ashstone

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vendeta View Post
    -> deadeye shot, bulls eye 3k
    Are you hitting PVE clerics or something? I have the R8 bow, and most of my R8 gear, use whetstones and vials, and my deadeye crits clerics for 1.8k in warfronts. Healing breath, when 50% debuffed, heals for almost that, and one hot will top off the rest before my empowered shot is done next.

    Against most clerics I just don't bother unless someone else is trying, and then I just eradibot and silence when I can.

    Physical damage is so useless it's not funny.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default back to OP

    so now we have (skilled) rogues like vyndeta talking about how easy it is to beat healing clerics but no one has directly addressed this guys question. Sad to say my answer will be just about as useful as the rogues, depending on who you are going after (why mm by the way? as opposed to "whatever the high dps has targeted") you are probably not going to like what happens to you. The other melee classes/callings have their own little survivability skills (or damage increasing instead) and do well because thats what they were intended to do. Shaman is nothing like any of the other melee trees in the game, the same as the "way" we dps in general (our spam macros vs everyone elses build/finish system) so unless there is a gear gap, shaman will do very little damage to someone who has say high block/parry/valor or particularly anyone healing themselves (like a mm who just put vm on u). It sucks, but theres lots of feedback on that type of stuff on here so maybe it'll get worked on. Until then, if you are hell bent on melee dps, then go for it with just a few considerations. Its hard to say your gear/skill lvl but just remember you are pretty squishy compared to other ppl because of how hard you get hit, a small fix to this would be to stack some +end consumables like the vial & drake filet, so u still get hit hard but die a bit slower. Next, have you tryed 51Sham? If you can pick your targets well and LoS when you start to get focused it seems to do ok, but best with full r8. I believe Sunspots has a video using a melee dps spec pretty well in wf's on youtube somewhere as well for further reference. Sorry for wall of text, although cleric dps is a touchy subject, thats how some people like to play, just wish we saw more talk about what is actually working for people than rogues/warriors talking about how bad we suck

  13. #13
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazehawk View Post
    hey guys, my role is a Dps Melee Cleric and i really enjoy playing with it. But 1 problem is ****ing up

    everything. Can Anyone please please tell me How to stay as a melee cleric and beat the **** out of rangers

    and marksman rogues. Every time i use Battle Charge they use that gay get away or Immune to movement

    thingy and starts running like ****ing bunnys and then bursts me down in 3 sec. thank you ^.^.
    If you insist on using a melee spec and you are 1v1ing, chances that you beat him are small if you arent geared.

    Your best bet is some variation shammicar, You would at need at least 23 to make an MM/Ranger attacks mean nothing, which doesnt leave a lot of room for build options. 24 if you want to grab humility.
    Just make sure you face him often and most of his attacks will be dodged or parried and those that do hit will be healed off.

    Abuse DoB when possible, grab humility to make him waste a BF and retreat if he is a MM, or BF if hes a Ranger, and then charge.

    Quote Originally Posted by vendeta View Post
    I beat up r8 clerics as my MM spec a lot (whenever i want a challenge or want to play with clerics). Usually just get 5 combo points let there serendiputy come up -> deaden .5 sec cast -> deadeye shot, bulls eye 3k -> lightning fury -> anthema -> strafe (silence coating usually comes up) -> rapid fire shot -> eradicate if mitgation cd comes up -> repeat. if they are smart though, they will loS u and thats wen u go kill a mage and just CC the cleric (mages are way to squishy for a cleric to heal through).

    thats just my experience of what works for me with MM. if i rly want to killa cleric ill just go NB my real spec lol.

    I would like to ask what rank 8 cleric is susceptible to physical attacks and would use a build that is not catered to physical dps when dueling a physical attacker.

    Even in cabby i have around 50% physical mit. If i know im fighting a physical class, that mit will be around 60%, and 40% avoidance.

    And what mitigation CD are you speaking of? HC? Are you fighting healers in a duel? Why?

  14. #14
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    If you insist on using a melee spec and you are 1v1ing, chances that you beat him are small if you arent geared.

    Your best bet is some variation shammicar, You would at need at least 23 to make an MM/Ranger attacks mean nothing, which doesnt leave a lot of room for build options. 24 if you want to grab humility.
    Just make sure you face him often and most of his attacks will be dodged or parried and those that do hit will be healed off.

    Abuse DoB when possible, grab humility to make him waste a BF and retreat if he is a MM, or BF if hes a Ranger, and then charge.




    I would like to ask what rank 8 cleric is susceptible to physical attacks and would use a build that is not catered to physical dps when dueling a physical attacker.

    Even in cabby i have around 50% physical mit. If i know im fighting a physical class, that mit will be around 60%, and 40% avoidance.

    And what mitigation CD are you speaking of? HC? Are you fighting healers in a duel? Why?
    I have found the secret to Clerics.
    It is much like Smallville

    Kill the Blue Bar Kill the Cleric

    Somewhat like save the cheerleader save the world

    Get it? Get it? =D

    Beat down Blue bar>Aggressive Renewal>Interrupt>RARGERETAEDIUB!@!@!#!!




    That isnt smallville is it o.O
    Last edited by Am0n; 01-01-2012 at 09:43 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  15. #15
    Rift Master youkiddingme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Ok, I always just healed in warfront on my cleric. As it just offered the best solution to help win the game. Now for builds that are dps my son leveled his through warfront with 24 justicar, 10 wardens and 32 shamans. He did extremely well with this build. It does not have any one, two punch. Yet if played right he did pretty well. I still laugh at his water jets of doom on one guy. He hit him like 25 times before the guy realized he was target by a cleric and then rushed him to the guys doom.

    I have also seen people use 32 shamans, 24 justicar and 10 cab and make it work for them. When ask one guy on how he did so well, he said by picking his targets and hiding a lot. Sadly clerics due need to pick their targets. Thus, good luck against rogues.

    I know once I hit rank 6 that a full sham or inq does really good against most people in world pvp. But that does take some time. Till then just keep trying and building skill.

    Good luck
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts