+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By War Monk

Thread: Ward of Detection

Default Ward of Detection

Was wondering if the Archmage soul talent Ward of Detection is visible to enemy rouges once cast on the ground (ie. can they see and avoid it?) or is it visible to the friendly side only?

Nobody at all have any idea about this?

Not even a solitary passing troll with a 'l2p' or 'wtf are you doing speccing into that'?

its not used because no mages go defensive side of AM becaue it sucks. but i would assume they can see it. best to get a buddy. drop it and see if htey see it or not.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Ascendant

Yes, we can see it. Unfortunately, you see it so infrequently that sometimes you don't recognize it for what it is. There have been times where I mistook it for some generic damage GTAoE in Codex when I wanted to interrupt someone in the process of assaulting a node who had a buddy nearby with the Ward on the flag and oops...Hidden Veil won't protect me from that.

Had a feeling the enemy could see it. Thanks for the confirmation. And yeh the defensive side of am sure sucks but was curious about this one ability for maybe prying out that one stealthed rouge that is always at the vault, but if they can see it well its just back to aoe spam lol

Quote Originally Posted by War Monk View Post
    Had a feeling the enemy could see it. Thanks for the confirmation. And yeh the defensive side of am sure sucks but was curious about this one ability for maybe prying out that one stealthed rouge that is always at the vault, but if they can see it well its just back to aoe spam lol
    hidden veil trumps aoe spam
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

yea its too bad really... mages really could use some sort of stealth protection too. visibility and 30s cd (aside from no dmg) make this no better than most aoe spam.
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-01-2012 at 03:38 PM.

To be honest I'm a bit puzzled why Trion would make a counter stealth measure visible to stealthed enemies so they can simply avoid it. Would have thought a counter stealth measure would itself be stealthy

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by War Monk View Post
    To be honest I'm a bit puzzled why Trion would make a counter stealth measure visible to stealthed enemies so they can simply avoid it. Would have thought a counter stealth measure would itself be stealthy
    Because the primary stealth class in the game is at a very substantial disadvantage when they get popped out of stealth. A rogue opening from stealth gets the advantage of initiative and in the case of assassins, crucial buffs that are triggered by their stealth openers. A rogue popped from stealth loses a very substantial portion of their offense. It would be like having my stealth openers strip 2-3 of my target's buffs, or apply a debuff that causes my target to do 20% less damage. If that would be fair to you, then anti-stealth fits your criteria.

i wish hidden veil was tonned to be a chance to remained stealthed instad of staying stealthed for x secounds.
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Because the primary stealth class in the game is at a very substantial disadvantage when they get popped out of stealth. A rogue opening from stealth gets the advantage of initiative and in the case of assassins, crucial buffs that are triggered by their stealth openers. A rogue popped from stealth loses a very substantial portion of their offense. It would be like having my stealth openers strip 2-3 of my target's buffs, or apply a debuff that causes my target to do 20% less damage. If that would be fair to you, then anti-stealth fits your criteria.
    I'm not so sure it would disadvantage rogues, aoes hitting rogues usually pop them out of stealth within range of mage, and in most mage specs rogue would still have an advantage especially if they are forced to go that deep into archmage to get the stealth option- which itself is a loss in dmg output. Even if the rogue is caught by surprise they usually have some retreat options to escape combat. How much would you consider the in stealth ability important as opposed to an attack from out of combat using a stun/silence to setup?
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-01-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    I'm not sure it would disadvantage rogues, aoes hitting rogues usually pop them out of stealth within range of mage, and in most mage specs rogue would still have an advantage especially if they are forced to go that deep into archmage to get the stealth option.
    Was thinking something along the same lines myself. Can lay it down once every 30s so its hardly spammable and to get it I will have shafted my build plus rouges being able to see it and just go around it really doesn't seem very useful at all. Guess thats why you dont see it very much as licentia said.

+ Reply to Thread