+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Voidmind
  • 1 Post By beelzebubble

Thread: pvp synergy crystal

Default pvp synergy crystal

trion, why would you make a synergy crystal avail to rank 7 but have it not work off of some of the rank 7 gear? it appears that you can't get the rank 7 crystal bonus until rank 8. this is totally counterintuitive. make it work with the belt and rings so that it's not wasted favor until rank 8.
    Last edited by beelzebubble; 12-30-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Default With a little forethought it is a no brainer if you ask me.

Buy the crystal at rank 7, or rank 8 and save up for the rest of your rank 8 armor before you buy it.
    Then buy the remaining pieces to complete the set when you have the marks for it at rank 8. Equip the crystal. Presto !!!
    Habitat - Mage - Guardian - Faeblight

Are you trying to say it a waste to buy it at rank 7? I honestly don't understand what your QQing about, being able to buy something?
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

You get a bonus from 2 pieces of rank 7 or 8 armor (excluding belt). You can get 2 pieces of r7 armor. You can get 1 or the 2 bonuses with rank 7 gear. You can get both of the bonuses with r8 gear.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-30-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

what i'm "QQ"ing about is that you only get part of the bonus when it's available at rank 7. if you want to keep the full functionality of that armor spot, you need to hold off on using some of your rank 7 gear until you hit rank 8. if you don't do this, you lose the bonus for the rank 6 crystal as well. all i'm saying is it seems counter-intuitive to make the requirements for the synergy crystal such that you can really only get the full effect at ranks 6 and 8 (for either crystal). it's oddly designed and i don't understand why they did it this way.

i'd have no problem with being able to use the rank 6 crystal until rank 8, but when you turn in your gear for your rank 7 stuff, you lose the full bonus. this doesn't seem right to me.

Then don't use it? Just because its there doesn't you HAVE to use it, when i hit rank 7 i bought the gear but didnt put all of it on to keep the health bonus from the other crystal, when i hit rank 8 i just switched it all out, never lost any of the bonuses. Choices are a good thing, small stat boost from the rank 7 or extra health instead.

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Then don't use it? Just because its there doesn't you HAVE to use it, when i hit rank 7 i bought the gear but didnt put all of it on to keep the health bonus from the other crystal, when i hit rank 8 i just switched it all out, never lost any of the bonuses. Choices are a good thing, small stat boost from the rank 7 or extra health instead.
    This seemed obvious to me, but I guess the average mouth breathing rift pvp'er has a hard time..its set up this way so you can keep the r6 crystal bonus and wear r7 gear while you are grinding to r8...its actually a smart thing they did..

So while you may think you've just become Crypt Lord Lesbos, you take a step towards the closet to put on your black
    velvet underwear and snap, there goes your Achilles tendon, exploding along with any hopes of ever getting laid.
    google it
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Quote Originally Posted by beelzebubble View Post
    what i'm "QQ"ing about is that you only get part of the bonus when it's available at rank 7. if you want to keep the full functionality of that armor spot, you need to hold off on using some of your rank 7 gear until you hit rank 8. if you don't do this, you lose the bonus for the rank 6 crystal as well. all i'm saying is it seems counter-intuitive to make the requirements for the synergy crystal such that you can really only get the full effect at ranks 6 and 8 (for either crystal). it's oddly designed and i don't understand why they did it this way.

i'd have no problem with being able to use the rank 6 crystal until rank 8, but when you turn in your gear for your rank 7 stuff, you lose the full bonus. this doesn't seem right to me.
    No you can still get full r7 gear.

Buy all the r7 gear but keep the r6 synergy crystal. You will still have 4 pieces of r5/6 armor and maintain the 4 set. Then, when you hit r8, (go ahead and get the r7 crystal) once you can buy 2 r8 pieces of armor you can now equip the crystal and get the 4 set. You don't have to lose the vengeance while getting the gear. Only 2 armor pieces that count towards the crystal are available at r7, so you should still have 4 r5/6 items to keep that bonus. You just wait to pass up on equipping 1 item if you want to always maintain a 4 set bonus the whole time. And that is that first piece of r8 armor - the 2nd means you can put them both on for the new 4 set.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-31-2011 at 10:48 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

you all don't think it would just be simpler to retool the r6 crystal so that it works with the r6 and r7 gear and then give you a crystal for r8?

i don't know why, but i'm actually a bit shocked at the hostility in some of these replies. it's an honest frustration. i'm relatively new to rift and didn't even know about the pvp crystal until i was rank 7. i turned in my gear to get the new stuff and then started saving for the crystal. i bought it and was dismayed to realize that i wasn't going to get the complete bonus. i went back thinking i could just buy the rank 6 crystal and use that. but, i don't have enough of the gear now to be able to use it.

it really just seems overly confusing and poorly designed. why not just have the weaker one be for ranks 6 and 7? you can get the stronger one at rank 8 and use that then. it makes sense to me.

I honestly don't remember what I did between crystals but apparently I didn't have a problem and never really noticed.

I guess what you're saying is that you already swapped your gear out and can't utilize a crystal at all. Abloo. What is it, 25 vengeance/valor (I don't recall)? Eh, if your battle master source engine is pimped out you shouldn't have a major issue.

Bonus weekend is your friend.

could be stuck where i am. 2 crysals behind because fo bad information -.-
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

< Defiant > Beelzebabe, R4 Mage
    <------- i like your toon's name

Quote Originally Posted by beelzebubble View Post
    you all don't think it would just be simpler to retool the r6 crystal so that it works with the r6 and r7 gear and then give you a crystal for r8?

i don't know why, but i'm actually a bit shocked at the hostility in some of these replies. it's an honest frustration. i'm relatively new to rift and didn't even know about the pvp crystal until i was rank 7. i turned in my gear to get the new stuff and then started saving for the crystal. i bought it and was dismayed to realize that i wasn't going to get the complete bonus. i went back thinking i could just buy the rank 6 crystal and use that. but, i don't have enough of the gear now to be able to use it.

it really just seems overly confusing and poorly designed. why not just have the weaker one be for ranks 6 and 7? you can get the stronger one at rank 8 and use that then. it makes sense to me.
    I just checked, there's only 3 rank 7 parts (boots, gloves, belt, the belt doesn't even count to the crystal set) and you still have the 4 rank 6 parts for the full crystal bonus even with rank 7 (helmet, chest, shoulders, legs)?

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

+ Reply to Thread