+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sick of hearing that Rift is PvE based and I proved that sentiment WRONG.

Soulwalker

Default Sick of hearing that Rift is PvE based and I proved that sentiment WRONG.

Being my first Rift toon I wanted to wait till I was close to 50 to decide whether this game was PVE based.
    Being a 48 dom/chloro now and having quested 10-15,20-25 and PvPed 15-20,25-30, 30-48. I am wearing the full transplanar armor set, everything is blues and purples. My crafts are not up too par with my level, they are a little behind. (Runecrafter/Apoth). I quit questing at Scarwood liftbase, I have opened up most of the world working rifts and foraging. I have 15 Plat, which most will think is low, but I havent had to buy anything except bulk items to runebreak, which is cheap if you look for when an outfitter makes 50 boots etc. I made sure I went to areas that were at my level or a little higher to work Zone/Rift events to maximize my Planarite and sourcestones. I avoid killing anything so I can get as much PvPing in at each Bracket. This game is NOT PvE based. It's, without a doubt,PvP driven and designed with the ease at which I have levelled doing almost all PvP and the ease with which I have been able to maintain the near best quality gear without doing much questing or dungeons. Do I have 100Plat like all the other 50s? No, but everyone I'm meeting who's just turning 50 is going broke trying to get their Purples made. And with the Transplanar set, lol, Im already there once I get the Synergy Crystal at 50. PvE is a joke in this game and unnecessary if you get bored with the Monotony questing entails. Oh, and Ive done all this in two weeks of rolling this toon. Just my two Cents, from the experience I've had.

The pve is mediocre at best. People say its pve driven to make excuses for the lack of any communication by trion about pvp. This game lived and died with its pvp community. Now that all the pvp hs dried up so have the shards. If u wanna pve wow has a much deeper and richer story to immerse urself in and swtor is (no pun inended) light years ahead. Rift has pve but lfg never pops and ull never get geared for hk because no one does the filler content required to gear up to get into hk anymore unless your lucky and ur guild decides to go thru every raid just to gear u up. Unless of course u pvp till r7/8 then u r geared for hk with enuff hit runes.
    Last edited by Scarybadlady; 12-30-2011 at 06:35 AM.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Banned

You are just dumb. You only recieve that kind of exp because people complained a long time ago it wasnt fast enough. Its is also not the fastest way to level so you wasted your time. Rift will never be a PvP game.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoricles View Post
    Being my first Rift toon I wanted to wait till I was close to 50 to decide whether this game was PVE based.
    Being a 48 dom/chloro now and having quested 10-15,20-25 and PvPed 15-20,25-30, 30-48. I am wearing the full transplanar armor set, everything is blues and purples. My crafts are not up too par with my level, they are a little behind. (Runecrafter/Apoth). I quit questing at Scarwood liftbase, I have opened up most of the world working rifts and foraging. I have 15 Plat, which most will think is low, but I havent had to buy anything except bulk items to runebreak, which is cheap if you look for when an outfitter makes 50 boots etc. I made sure I went to areas that were at my level or a little higher to work Zone/Rift events to maximize my Planarite and sourcestones. I avoid killing anything so I can get as much PvPing in at each Bracket. This game is NOT PvE based. It's, without a doubt,PvP driven and designed with the ease at which I have levelled doing almost all PvP and the ease with which I have been able to maintain the near best quality gear without doing much questing or dungeons. Do I have 100Plat like all the other 50s? No, but everyone I'm meeting who's just turning 50 is going broke trying to get their Purples made. And with the Transplanar set, lol, Im already there once I get the Synergy Crystal at 50. PvE is a joke in this game and unnecessary if you get bored with the Monotony questing entails. Oh, and Ive done all this in two weeks of rolling this toon. Just my two Cents, from the experience I've had.
    lolRaid

/10

Soulwalker

EvE online is a pvp based game, the end game is PvP

Rift/WoW/EQ are PvE based games, there end game is raiding, yes they all have pvp and you can level by pvping but there focus is on pumping out PvE content and balancing the game around PvE

if Rift was a PvP game there wouldn't be so many class combo' as its impossible to balance, there would also be some kind of competitive PvP

I'm not sure if the poster means its a focused pvp game. I don't think that its a very strong pve game even if it is pve focused. I still feel that the part of rift that the community around its success was pvp foused. I know the game hit its pinacle and decline with the pvp players and now that pvp has fizzled so has the game. Its a great game and fun but its not a game u can stick with like wow for a decade. With the planar attunment now they also pretty much have inadvertantly told us there won't be an expansion or raising of the level cap without a complete retooling of the game because it throw the balance off since u have already people above the lvl50 cap which also lead to huge imbalances since u take a r8 with full PA maxed and they are multple levels above a regular 50.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Ascendant

I've leveled 2 out of 3 level 50 characters and multiple alts into the 20s and 30s primarily through warfronts, too. But that doesn't make the game any less PvE centric. The vast majority of the content in the game is PvE focused.

In the real world, we refer to the OP's argument as a "logical disconnect." If I'm standing in a forest staring up at a bunch of bananas in a tree and a monkey hits me on the head with a rock, it doesn't mean bananas are dangerous.

What happened to this? Also this game is PvE first, PvP second, sorry to burst your bubble.

@ Scarybadlady What server are you on? I see people pugging the low level content ALL the time, at least on Seastone (Defiant side). Everything from Raid Rifts to pre-HK raids, maybe you just need to server transfer instead of acting like you know what happens on every server.

BTW, just some food for thought: WoW started off as a very heavily PvE based game, anyone remember those 40 man raids for hours upon hours? Makes the current MMO raids look like childs play in comparison as far as time goes. WoW has been around for years and they were able to develop a PvP that a lot of people like after a certain amount of time. Rift is what 9 months old since going live? Trying to compare them from a PvP stand point is just a ridiculous notion.

Despite all the QQ this game isn't bad, people just overreact to the "n"th degree far too often on these forums.

<Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

Banned

oh dear.....

LMAO. lern2aionoreve
    Linkedin
    Crushing noobs in RIFT PvP since 2011

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxer View Post
    LMAO. lern2aionoreve
    Dont have the foggiest idea what you said and as for the rest of you IDC what your opinions are ;)
    Most of you are children and therefore your opinions don't matter, but then that's the problem these days is too many kids thinking they "Know it all". Try listening for a while before you open your mouth.

My point was that I leveled my toon fast, Im wearing decent duds, and I have enough Plat to survive.
    Therefore I prove that the PVE content unnecessary and to a PvP player useless.

The internet really brings out the worst in people and I wont post on this dumbass forum again.

Peace out, Piss Ants

Dont have the foggiest idea what you said and as for the rest of you IDC what your opinions are ;)
    Most of you are children and therefore your opinions don't matter, but then that's the problem these days is too many kids thinking they "Know it all". Try listening for a while before you open your mouth.

My point was that I leveled my toon fast, Im wearing decent duds, and I have enough Plat to survive.

The internet really brings out the worst in people and I wont post on this dumbass forum again.

Peace out, Piss Ants
    He said:
    Learn to Aion or Eve (PVP heavy games)

Also, the average age for people who play this game is like 25+ I think, this isn't WoW. If you've ever played an MMO recently the time between min level and max level is not what the game is about, it's all about the end-game, which you haven't seen yet, so your opinion actually means nothing.

P.S. Just because you made it to 50 by doing mostly PvP, doesn't mean the game is PvP based. So your argument is also extremely flawed, but hey what do I know you think we're all 9 yrs old.

<Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

Peace out, Piss Ants
    Irony. It is beautiful.
    Last edited by Parfaite; 12-30-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

I'm still waiting for the proof that Rift isn't PVE. This sounds like a personal history of frustration, not actually any thought.

And I have some Arazona land for sale...

Ascendant

Peace out, Piss Ants
    For someone denouncing the opinions of children, you're sure behaving like one yourself.

You didn't say that PvE content was unnecessary...you said that you proved something you didn't prove. You got your gear from PvE. You got your plat from PvE. You got your xp from a mix of PvE and PvP. I leveled a couple of alts into their mid 20s just from crafting dailies and given enough time, I could have leveled them to 50 from crafting dailies alone. Does that mean Rift is more about crafting than PvE or PvP?

What are you going to do when you hit 50 and everyone is zipping past you on their 110% speed mounts? You won't be coming up with the plat for yours any time soon unless you focus some time on the PvE end of things (and crafting is actually a part of the PvE spectrum, btw.) I suppose if you really wanted to, you could grind for the PvP faction mount and spend favor you can't spare on it just to prove a point, but if you want more slots so you can mix up your soul builds and tailor your build to the situation in warfronts? You can't buy soul slots with favor. That whole 15 plat you have saved up is going to evaporate when you hit 50 and train all of your skills, especially if you plan on using more than one build.

And then where will you be?

PvE leveling is faster than PvP leveling. PvE provides way, way more content in both scope and diversity than PvP. Plat is a necessity at various points in the game, and you don't get much at all from PvP. Rift is a PvE based game, and you have offered nothing to prove otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast