+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Give me Arena/sturctured team PVP PLEASE!!!

Soulwalker

Default Give me Arena/sturctured team PVP PLEASE!!!

I want some 3v3/ 5v5! I dont care about loot, titles or exp. I want some structured team PVP!
    Last edited by Ledlie; 12-29-2011 at 08:21 PM.

~Quiescent

Ascendant

but you will care about the percieved lack of balance. first comes Arena, then comes the QQ train, I mean tonnes of it - you think PVPers can QQ know you aint seen nothin yet.

shortly after those two come the balancing *cough* tweaks. the nerfs, more nerfs,(we get plenty already but that would pale in comparison to what would come with something like Arena) the changing of abilities, the cries of that class has x I want x too! bringing us more nerfs and tweaks and finally total homogenization.

TLR: NOOOOOoooooooooo

All arena will bring is consistent class nerfs all across the board. NO. You want arena, go back to WoW.

Im sure they still have that in WoW if you need it that much. PvP is great, queue time for rank 8 is just stupid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ledlie View Post
    I want some 3v3/ 5v5! I dont care about loot, titles or exp. I want some structured team PVP!
    wow is that way. You want prmade then join as group.

I totally agree with this, tired of this game having only mindless zerging as pvp- and idc about getting loot, or nething, its ONLY for the FUN factor..but titles or vanity stuffs would be nice to higher ranked people- also add 2v2 and 1v1 to his list

Default Arena will Nvr Happen but we can always try

Why is it the same excuse for no arena in every arena thread i go to. "o noes no arena, ima get nerfed to the ground. so unbalanced in pve and pvp Ahhhhhh."

Just have arena for a fun type of pvp. No need to balance around it. No need to get gear around it. no need to QQ about it. Don't even need to get presitige/favor around it. Just add in arena so MORE players (yes more players and guilds will come back, including myself) will come back to look forward to a game thats almost dead.

If u wanted to balance around pvp w/o harming pve. just make skills only work a certain way while in pvp. But id rather not balance around it at all. People have said in the past though, if u do try to balance around 2v2+, it becomes more clear of what is rly OP and what is not.

O yea, if u guys are QQ'ing about the premade/duo queueing, there will b a lot less of them because those players will b playing arena instead. the players < r7 can do there grind to rank 8 with out much interference of the r8 premades/ duos (Duos are 10 times worse and 10x easier to do because u just get everyone on vent in ur guild/Server)

Not like a Dev will read this thread though, they haven't read the last 1000 + pvp threads w/o commenting (o wait medusa/bleeds thread. the thread where who cared if a dev commented on it). Not even a this will nvr happen or a hello im just poping in to say Hi. Seems like all the devs quit to play SWTOR beta a few months ago and now playing SWTOR now.
    Last edited by vendeta; 12-30-2011 at 04:55 AM.
    Vyndeta@Derpstrike <Reckless> Rank 8 rogue
    Formerly Vendeta@Dayblind/seastone/ashstone

Soulwalker

people love to blame arena's in wow for the game getting worse and nerfs/buffs even tho it was far from the reason for it

they didn't balance the game for PvP, it was always about the PvE, if they wanted to balance PvP then druids wouldn't have been the number 1 healer in arena for the whole of BC, paladin's and DK's wouldn't have been free glad for the 1st 2 seasons of Wotlk

there was countless times they nerfed stuff for PvE that effected PvP (like wind fury no long procing off yellow damage) but very few if any times that there was changes to PvP that effected PvE

Yeah lets do arena! I would thoroughly enjoy playing against comps made of NBs that tank everyone while doing comparable dps, invincible clerics, mages that tank somehow, mages that kill me before I even look at them, 38VKs.

Game has too much burst, to much CC, to little DRs, no defensive/offensive cooldowns to really manage for many classes, healing is easy mode, lolhots, lolaoe heals, dependence on healing debuffs.

Nope, no arena.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-30-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Yeah lets do arena! I would thoroughly enjoy playing against comps made of NBs that tank everyone while doing comparable dps, invincible clerics, mages that tank somehow, mages that kill me before I even look at them, 38VKs.

Game has too much burst, to much CC, to little DRs, no defensive/offensive cooldowns to really manage for many classes, healing is easy mode, lolhots, lolaoe heals, dependence on healing debuffs.

Nope, no arena.
    ....Then don't arena if they add it?

Quote Originally Posted by Luocha View Post
    ....Then don't arena if they add it?
    You respond to quickly.

Top rating players will whine for better gear which would make everyone else have to drudge through the pile of **** to remain useful as well.

Now if you don't get gear, sure. Being top rated in a ladder of fotm means nothing.

Why you all want to talk structed pvp in a game that's balancing we can all agree on is fotm roulette based is baffling.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-30-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Soulwalker

Nope, no arena.
    instead lets just have all the pvpers leave because there is no end game for them, don't really need arena's but rated WF's is a start

You respond to quickly.
    Now if you don't get gear, sure. Being top rated in a ladder of fotm means nothing.
    the top PvEers get the best gear, why should the top PvPers not get the best gear as well?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by equoowe View Post
    people love to blame arena's in wow for the game getting worse and nerfs/buffs even tho it was far from the reason for it

they didn't balance the game for PvP, it was always about the PvE, if they wanted to balance PvP then druids wouldn't have been the number 1 healer in arena for the whole of BC, paladin's and DK's wouldn't have been free glad for the 1st 2 seasons of Wotlk

there was countless times they nerfed stuff for PvE that effected PvP (like wind fury no long procing off yellow damage) but very few if any times that there was changes to PvP that effected PvE
    Rift has not been designed with something Arenalike in mind it would be a disaster for the classes.
    Blizzard themselves have stated Arena was a mistake and they had no idea when they implemented it how many issues it would cause.

"We didn't engineer the game and classes and balance around it, we just added it on, so it continues to be very difficult to balance. Is WoW a PvE cooperative game, or a competitive PvP game? There's constant pressure on the class balance team, there's pressure on the game itself, and a lot of times players who don't PvP don't understand why their classes are changing. I don't think we ever foresaw how much tuning and tweaking we'd have to do to balance it in that direction. "

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    Rift has not been designed with something Arenalike in mind it would be a disaster for the classes.
    Blizzard themselves have stated Arena was a mistake and they had no idea when they implemented it how many issues it would cause.

"We didn't engineer the game and classes and balance around it, we just added it on, so it continues to be very difficult to balance. Is WoW a PvE cooperative game, or a competitive PvP game? There's constant pressure on the class balance team, there's pressure on the game itself, and a lot of times players who don't PvP don't understand why their classes are changing. I don't think we ever foresaw how much tuning and tweaking we'd have to do to balance it in that direction. "
    No one cares about what WoW says, thought, does.
    This is Rift.

The people in Rift that want arena want at most fluff rewards.
    To us PvPers it isnt about the gear. I am pretty sure any decent PvPer will agree that ranks/prestige could be thrown away and we would still be rolling each other

Its about competition and bragging rights. Not some fancy sword.
    "You lost me at Balance"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast