+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Single death warfront?

Shadowlander

Default Single death warfront?

I've wondered why (to the best of my knowledge), no mmos have introduced a WF/BG with one life per battle.

I think it would be really interesting to see how people play, and what they play, in a scenario like this. As it stands, there's really zero consequence to dying, other than having to wait to respawn and missing out on 15-30 sec of action.

They would be fast battles no doubt, could be objective based, or a last man standing kind of goal, but I think it would be an interesting concept.

Anyone seen anything like this in any other mmos?

Soulwalker

Havent seen this in other mmo's but I would think there would be a lot of people hiding/stealthing in hopes they can wait out others getting killed off.

This WF to an assassin is Whitefall to a Riftstalker

On the real though, I think it would be fun to do something like this but make it round based (like best out of 5, 11, whatever) and obvs the rounds would have time limits. Yes it would mean you could be spectating for a min or so sometimes but, that is the reality of how the great PvP games called FPS work :O Anywho, round based, last man standing team death matches would be a lot of fun. Def would see different playstyles going down.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Karnifexx had started a thread last month about improving PvP for 1.7, this was included in it. Here's a link to the closed thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...tch-1-7-a.html

<Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

Rift Disciple

I'd be happy with this. An ez form of it would be group duels. 5v5 around a flag first team to have all the other teams players down at the same time = win.

Bring back in premade vrs premade wf's and you now have something to do while you wait.

All the while keeping out premade vrs pug.

Win/win

Quote Originally Posted by Morpeth View Post
    I've wondered why (to the best of my knowledge), no mmos have introduced a WF/BG with one life per battle.

I think it would be really interesting to see how people play, and what they play, in a scenario like this. As it stands, there's really zero consequence to dying, other than having to wait to respawn and missing out on 15-30 sec of action.

They would be fast battles no doubt, could be objective based, or a last man standing kind of goal, but I think it would be an interesting concept.

Anyone seen anything like this in any other mmos?
    While interesting, it would be a total failure in Rift.
    Slip Away would mean that nobody other than a Rogue would ever win a last man standing.

Default Stealth breaks this concept

Good idea, wrong MMO. Sorry, but those who can stealth would prevail in this type of WF. It would be 90% rogues and a smattering of other classes.
    ie. It would be a great big game of hide and seek using stealth, which would get long and boring real quick.
    Last edited by Habitat; 12-30-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    Habitat - Mage - Guardian - Faeblight

Gear disparity would also be a big problem.

Any form of death match game heavily favors those that have the best gear and enhancements. This would greatly limit the number of viable players, which would result in super long queues.

+ Reply to Thread