+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Why is one character allowed 100k of damage + 100k of Healing in a single Warfront?

Plane Walker

Default Why is one character allowed 100k of damage + 100k of Healing in a single Warfront?

Is that not over powered for a single character to be top 5 damage and top 5 healing?

Why does the game allow that?

Because idiots like you aren't smart enough to figure out what that player is doing.
    Last edited by Robes; 12-29-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Because idiots like you aren't smart enough to figure out what that player is doing.
    They weren't changing spec if that is what you are implying.

And how does my knowledge make it reasonable or not?

I know, nerf chlorolocks.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I know, nerf chlorolocks.
    Nerf Carlton.
    Saved@Briarcliff
    I play a Mage, just throwing it out there.

Since Warrior is the only calling that can't do that,
    so can we give warrior a healing soul?
    Last edited by Wawer; 12-29-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Plane Touched

I don't get it. Why wouldn't the game allow good players to play well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    Just set my damn score to 5/6 at the beginning of every PVP match before hand and prevent the wasted time of you idiots rigging the outcomes to gain precious little 5/6 outcome. I am absolutely sick of this crap, if your just gonna rig the gameplay to achieve this 56 ******** everytime then just set it there at the beginning and then let me ****ing play.

Ascendant

There's a part of me that wants to answer the question, but then I remember the last time I answered the same question and how that panned out. Questions like this aren't looking for an answer...the person asking the question has already made up their mind about it and all they want to do is vent.

But then I think to myself, "What if this person genuinely wants to know? What if this is one person in a sea of baddies who genuinely wants to learn to understand what is happening in PvP. What if this is the one person who truly wants to enhance their PvP-ness?"

And then I think, "Naw...they're just venting."
    Last edited by Licentia; 12-29-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by htoncic View Post
    I don't get it. Why wouldn't the game allow good players to play well?
    Because bad ones don't like to actually see that they're bad, so good players are actually what needs nerfed, maybe trion should go around to each persons house and cut off a finger or something.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Serious answer: Those numbers aren't even impressive, much less are any indication of tipping the balance in winning a warfront. Chloro/lock provides a beastly hybrid for survivability, healing, and damage - that much is undeniable.

However, a lot of that damage is weak spikes that are healed through and a lot of that healing is weak spikes that are DPSed through.

Plane Walker

If it is ok for characters to do a combination of 200k, spread between healing and damage.

Then where is the healing soul for Warrior that does anything between 40-120k of healing?
    Where is the healing soul for the Rogue that can do anything between 40-120k of healing?

Since depending on the soul you are playing, Rogues and Warriors will do between 80-140k of damage in a Warfront. (They did in the Warfront where this one character did 105k damage and 103k healing.

I think you should be able to do high damage or high healing.

You shouldn't be able to do both, that is a little overpowered.

Or....

Everyone should be able to do it.

Give the Warriors that healing soul, give the Rogues that healing soul, might fix the problem of lack of healers in Warfronts.

If not than any character that can do this while others cannot is overpowered to the rest of those players.

Seriously. Nerf Everyone. Give us all the same spells, same armor, and the same one button macro. That would make it sooo much better don't ya think?

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Drakanish View Post
    Where is the healing soul for the Rogue that can do anything between 40-120k of healing?
    Rogue can do 40k~120K healing while doing 40k~180k in damage. I do it all the time.
    Last edited by Wawer; 12-30-2011 at 01:17 AM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Seriously. Nerf Everyone. Give us all the same spells, same armor, and the same one button macro. That would make it sooo much better don't ya think?
    As I posted on another post recently, you probably think you are a good player and that your score in Warfronts proves this, but it doesn't, because of the extremely poor balance in the game.

Wouldn't you rather the class you played was reasonably well balanced against other classes, so that when you achieved something it was meaningful?

Winning a race in a 800bhp car vs a car with 250bhp isn't impressive. Winning a race against another type of car with similar power, is impressive.

This is why in F1 they removed some of the technical advances that Williams had made in the 90s, because it made the sport boring, because they were too far ahead of everyone else and their winning had nothing to do with the skill of their drivers and everything to do with the car they were driving.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kok View Post
    Rogue can do 40k~120K healing while doing 40k~180k in damage. I do it all the time.
    I don't think you do without changing spec in a very long warfront such as Port Scion.

What I describe happens in Codex/Whitefall, and happens without changing spec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast