+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Roklam

Thread: Punished for ranking up

Shadowlander

Default Punished for ranking up

There are almost no one queuing up in my bracket 6-7, the rank times are atrocious, and I don't have enough honor/faction for all my gear. It is as if there is no longer a reason to really rank up since all you do is join people of equal gear.

When did this game get so soft that people couldnt stand fighting others with better gear? It never was a problem for me, sure they outgunned me, but I still did my job and contributed to many victories. And now after dealing with rank 6/8 bashing me in as a lowbie, I do not get to enjoy the fruit of my hard earned labor?

Makes me want to just reroll and experience rank 1-2 again. Or you know..leave
    Last edited by RistSM; 12-29-2011 at 08:57 AM.

I feel the exact same way. It is like the right of passage was taken from us. Now making it almost a useless grind. It meant something before to be able to fight your way to the top even when the R8's were beating you in. It was also a good way to test your skills against high ranking players. Now it sucks and the wait times suck too.

Telaran

What group are you playing with? What time do you play? Are you queuing for all the WFs or just the daily one?

These are all important questions to answer, or else it just seems like more whining and complaining.

For example, the char I play the most now is a R6 Warrior on the cluster that Dayblind is a part of, I play around 6pm-9pm on weekdays and random times during the weekend and my pops are usually 5 mins or less after queuing for all. On weekends queues for the bonus WF vary depending on whether or not its PS (longer) or Black Garden (super short) I usually get a random grouping but more often then not its 3-6 or 3-7, with the occasional 6-8 (those are the most fun).
    Last edited by Roklam; 12-29-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by RistSM View Post
    When did this game get so soft that people couldnt stand fighting others with better gear?
    You got that wrong, the game is soft precisely because it is designed to negate skill through huge PvP gear disparities.

That and the fact there is no looting & no meaningful death penatly, in all a game where PvP is designed for soft PvE types.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    You got that wrong, the game is soft precisely because it is designed to negate skill through huge PvP gear disparities.

That and the fact there is no looting & no meaningful death penatly, in all a game where PvP is designed for soft PvE types.
    You know, I'd hate to regrind all that favor needed to replace my rank 8 set, should I lose it due to dying to whatever. Of course, I suppose it could go the other way and you get someone's full rank 8 set and save yourself a ~2 million favor grind or so. If you could loot gear from people in a Warfront, I think I'd run out of bag space carrying extra gear incase I die, etc. I'll admit I'm a "soft PvE type" that does PvP from time to time.

I never really saw a purpose for looting other player's gear from killing them, unless the game's best gear was some generic NPC stuff that you could buy for some coins.

Quote Originally Posted by RistSM View Post
    There are almost no one queuing up in my bracket 6-7, the rank times are atrocious, and I don't have enough honor/faction for all my gear. It is as if there is no longer a reason to really rank up since all you do is join people of equal gear.

When did this game get so soft that people couldnt stand fighting others with better gear? It never was a problem for me, sure they outgunned me, but I still did my job and contributed to many victories. And now after dealing with rank 6/8 bashing me in as a lowbie, I do not get to enjoy the fruit of my hard earned labor?

Makes me want to just reroll and experience rank 1-2 again. Or you know..leave
    I been rank 8 for months and never really had much trouble getting Q's. The only times I had to sometimes wait longer than something noteworthy was either a) being picky about the WF I want to play and only que'ing for 1 or 2 or b) playing during weekdays when everyones at work/school or playing at the dead hours of 3 - 6am. But even on Seastone as a defiant r8 I can get lots of Q's all the way till sunrise sometimes.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Not sure how the system works exactly...

I had my mage in a codex match the other day w\ much higher ranked players. My mage is R2.... and I saw several R8's.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post

Go play runescape If you want looting in pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    Not sure how the system works exactly...

I had my mage in a codex match the other day w\ much higher ranked players. My mage is R2.... and I saw several R8's.
    As far as I can tell, it's more of a prioritization than a hard matching system. It will prioritize matching ranks whenever it can, but it will abandon matching if doing so will create overly long queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    As far as I can tell, it's more of a prioritization than a hard matching system. It will prioritize matching ranks whenever it can, but it will abandon matching if doing so will create overly long queues.
    From what I've noticed its this, the only time i get put in with lower ranks on my warrior is when I've been in a queue for a few minutes.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

The pure reality is no matter what rank any of us are, the world is not perfect enough for whenever we que up for the perfect match of our own faction and opposite faction to have all the proxy ranked players to yourself to make a full match of them. That seems to be what people expect from the stuff I read.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

there is the problem that high levels now lack the lowbie support
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Shadowlander

being gardian I guess I am used to insta ques.
    And yes I was queing up for everything and geting 7-20 mins now.

Part of the reason is that there are just so little gaurdians left, spliting them up into ranks leaves very little left.

+ Reply to Thread