+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Exclusive ranks/rewards only from open world pvp !!!

Default Exclusive ranks/rewards only from open world pvp !!!

Almost every one is high rank pvp because of warfronts grind ,when kill/death ratio dont count and of course number of kills are easy to get..

We need some kind of special ranks and rewards ONLY achievable from open world pvp : kill /deaths ratio and number of kills in open wrold pvp will give for the very best unique rewards and rank that only who pvp ALLOT in open world will have them.

For example :
    500 , 1000,2000,3000 etc open wolrd kills = Exclusive ranks/rewards.

But if you die in open world your kills will degrade ..so every death will get 1 of your kills and if your kills go down your pvp rank will go down to. This way only the most skilled pvp'ers will have the best ranks..So if you kill 50 people in a day (open world) but i die 30 times you will have 20 kills before you log..

I think this way will make people to go pvp much more in open world and in fact , every kill and death will count for the ones that wana have ranks/ rewards from ow pvp..
    Last edited by Cyborg; 12-29-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Almost every one is high rank pvp because of warfronts grind ,when kill/death ratio dont count and of course number of kills are easy to get..

We need some kind of special ranks and rewards ONLY achievable from open world pvp : kill /deaths ratio and number of kills in open wrold pvp will give for the very best unique rewards and rank that only who pvp ALLOT in open world will have them.

For example :

But if you die in open world your kills will degrade ..so every death will get 1 of your kills and if your kills go down your pvp rank will go down to. This way only the most skilled pvp'ers will have the best ranks..So if you kill 50 people in a day (open world) but i die 30 times you will have 20 kills before you log..

I think this way will make people to go pvp much more in open world and in fact , every kill and death will count for the ones that wana have ranks/ rewards from ow pvp..
    I take it your defiant, because on our server it is literally 10:1 in open world. That isnt skill. No DRR get done for gardians, because no one is stupid enough to get zogged.

Quote Originally Posted by RistSM View Post
    I take it your defiant, because on our server it is literally 10:1 in open world. That isnt skill. No DRR get done for gardians, because no one is stupid enough to get zogged.
    I am defiant and i wish i was guardian ,not all the fights in ... open world are zerg , sometimes you just go alone and kill like i do..
    Is nice to go hunt in open world and more nice will be if we will get maps with objectives and things that drive people to pvp in open world.

Atm killing in open world dont give you anything, so people just go warfonts that.for me, are just a bunch of zerg fights ,but i do them for gear .
    Last edited by Cyborg; 12-29-2011 at 03:26 PM.

100% NO
    10char
    ~Quiescent

Yes please, I'll start leveling a defiant up on a second account right now so i can sit and farm it.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Yes please, I'll start leveling a defiant up on a second account right now so i can sit and farm it.
    you can be anything you like , guardian or defiant ,all will fight more in open world ,if they will have for waht to fight of course. Atm pvp in rift is wf grind .

It is easy to prevent farming your alts . ... 2 kill for the same player and 15 minutes you wont get anything for killing it again ,no count ,no favor. Is easy,happy grind your own character ;) ,you will get 5 kills in 1 hour ..that must be very good for a skilled one like you.
    Last edited by Cyborg; 12-29-2011 at 03:57 PM.

I was pointing out that's what people would do if they were to add *good* rewards that would be worth getting through open world pvp.

I agree that there needs to be a reason to do open world pvp, but it has to be something that wouldn't encourage botting, but actually getting out there and pvping.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Oh look! A sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Oh look! A sin.
    Hell ye.....

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

For example :

this can be a good idea...however in the wrong hands i can see Server Police and MMAC trading kills to obtain great rewards. Give us arena pls or at least group vs. group pvp with same or opposite factions.

The problem I see with this is how do you compete fairly. The way it works now is I get attacked in the open world when I am at my weakest, so of course you are going to win most of the time. Warfronts are actually a good test to see how strong of a fighter you are. As far as kills go they could track individual kills if they wanted, however they would have to cleanup how they do the credit for the kills now.

As has been said, the biggest problem with open world PvP is population imbalance. On most servers, one faction will get a free ride and the other, lower population faction will constantly be getting it's *** handed to it.

What I would like to see if a full time, instanced warzone. Create a zone where people can duke it out for control points, fortresses, resources and whatever else fits in the mix. Establish some victory conditions that are difficult to accomplish and take time to complete. The goal here would be to create a battle that lasts a long time, is difficult to win, but can be won if people work smart and work as a team.

Having it instanced does 3 things.
    1) It eliminates the advantage held by the over populated faction.
    2) It allows the games to run cross server, providing a much larger player pool than what is available on any individual shard.
    3) It controls the number of participants, which reduces server load and lag, and it allows the system to create new instances as each instance fills up, allowing for numerous battles to be fought at any given time.

As for special rewards, I wouldn't offer anything that provides anything more than a very minor upgrade over current top rank gear. There can be as many fluff rewards as they want to put into it, such as pets, mounts, cosmetic gear upgrades and so forth, but I hesitate to add rewards that would further exacerbate the already huge disparity in gear we have. I also do not like the "Must play" feel that special, upgraded, activity-specific rewards create.
    Last edited by Meina; 12-29-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhealz View Post
    this can be a good idea...however in the wrong hands i can see Server Police and MMAC trading kills to obtain great rewards. Give us arena pls or at least group vs. group pvp with same or opposite factions.
    Mmac wouldnt trade kills. Menace is alot of things. But hes not an exploiter
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Plane Touched

OWPvP, also known as 'zergfest', is a primitive, obsolete form of PvP. Structured, balanced, instanced matches are where true PvP can be found. I don't see why anyone would want to reward ganking and zerging. -1 from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    Just set my damn score to 5/6 at the beginning of every PVP match before hand and prevent the wasted time of you idiots rigging the outcomes to gain precious little 5/6 outcome. I am absolutely sick of this crap, if your just gonna rig the gameplay to achieve this 56 ******** everytime then just set it there at the beginning and then let me ****ing play.

Quote Originally Posted by Normus View Post
    The problem I see with this is how do you compete fairly. The way it works now is I get attacked in the open world when I am at my weakest, so of course you are going to win most of the time. Warfronts are actually a good test to see how strong of a fighter you are. As far as kills go they could track individual kills if they wanted, however they would have to cleanup how they do the credit for the kills now.
    No one talk here about fare fights ...but open world pvp will be much more animated ,and many will have a fkin reason to pvp allot in open world. Atm i search for damn 25 players hours and hours in open world for the damn pvp quest ,and it is just a wrong system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast