+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: A day in the life of an Assassin

Default A day in the life of an Assassin

So ya, all this assassin banter about them being worthless annoyed me a bit. When I'm not in WF's assassin is all I do and to hear people tell me they are worthless is shenanigans. They kill people.

Anyway, this is a video I recorded titled "Just a day as an Assassin", and it is true to its title. I recorded this all in one night. It's not like it's the most amazing stuff I have done considering it's only a sample of one night, but I had everything from some challenging fights to easy fights (mostly easy obvs, I'm a sin). But, it's just simply me playing on a random given night, and this is basically what happens everyday though anyway. Figured Stillmoor daily day was a good day to record cause I <3333 Stillmoor.

I was kinda intoxed, don't go to crazy in pointing out flaws, I see them when I watch as well But hey I still got the job done. I could have done most my fights better in retrospect but hey, couldn't we all? Anywho, this is what some Seastone Gaurds were putting up with last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z33JCecG-_U

ps. Hope you dig my music choice. I found it a very fitting song and actually wanted to make an assassin video when I heard the song at first.

pps. Sorry if the quality is amazing, but it's passable. If anyone has tips to improve quality I would love to hear them. Video editing isn't my thing but I do have fun with it.

pro tips: don't afk. Stay healed up. And always be ready. Oh the fun of an assassin.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-27-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Nice video with a kinda creepy but cool song.
    Request: make another video of your toughest fights

Our adventures will be so fun on your mage <3

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

I forgot to add for those who want relevance to the gear I'm using.

full r7/8 gear.
    1006 valor (iirc, ~40.4% reduction)
    Unseen +50 valor trinket
    1 pvp epic essence, 3 100x inscribed essences and 2 50x inscribed essences.
    All items have runes on them that can except my belt. I have +75 hit.
    Some points spent in Life PA tree. All T1 Air PA filled. Enough points in T2 Air PA to get the weapon enchantment and all the dexterity bubbles maxed.

edit. oh and either +60 dex from pa tree or +120 vengeance from those runes. Had either or in the vid.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-27-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Good job killing half hp rank 4's buddy, super high skill play. I especially liked the part where you had to run away from 2 rank 4 rogues and wait 2 minutes before reengaging, biggest play of the year.

(Gear)

Hate seeing myself in videos even though both of those were 3am for me and i was half asleep and in the middle of typing *cough* excuse *cough* Good video though, hope to see more.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Good job killing half hp rank 4's buddy, super high skill play. I especially liked the part where you had to run away from 2 rank 4 rogues and wait 2 minutes before reengaging, biggest play of the year.
    Maybe on a pvp server you shouldn't stand out in the open with half hp. Might prevent you from getting owned. And you are kidding yourself, I would be a ******ed assassin if I didn't slip away from that assassin double attack, that was a near death even with the escape. See, my style in overworld is typically - don't die. Too bad they weren't fast enough to kill me before I killed their buddy baiting for them. 3 v 1...I win.

I knew there would be haters. Like I said - this isn't like my highlights of most amazing feats. This is me playing from about 8pm - 4am last night. Gotta take what I can get. I don't give a flying junk what rank you are. I kill you when I see you. If you are a lower rank, got half hp, are engaged to a mob, sipping your coke - it ain't my problem. Maybe be more careful when the turf is dangerous and you won't find yourself eating dirt in 2 seconds flat. I kept the bail from the double Sin attack in the video cause it was a pretty brutal attack to make it alive from. Nearly 2 assassins full set of bleeds on you with no way to cure them.

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Hate seeing myself in videos even though both of those were 3am for me and i was half asleep and in the middle of typing *cough* excuse *cough* Good video though, hope to see more.
    It's mutual man, there was bowls, alcohol and valium invovled on my behalf. I noticed so many temps I didn't use, skipped puncture a few times I shouldn't have, didn't notice once I got buff stripped. But hey, hind sight is 20/20. Twas all in fun
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-27-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Hey, that's the beauty of playing assassin, you get to pick your fights.

haters gone hate.

ps thanks for the insite into the assassin spec. XD now i know when to pop what CDS
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Fight a pyro/ dom

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Maybe on a pvp server you shouldn't stand out in the open with half hp. Might prevent you from getting owned. And you are kidding yourself, I would be a ******ed assassin if I didn't slip away from that assassin double attack, that was a near death even with the escape. See, my style in overworld is typically - don't die. Too bad they weren't fast enough to kill me before I killed their buddy baiting for them. 3 v 1...I win.

I knew there would be haters. Like I said - this isn't like my highlights of most amazing feats. This is me playing from about 8pm - 4am last night. Gotta take what I can get. I don't give a flying junk what rank you are. I kill you when I see you. If you are a lower rank, got half hp, are engaged to a mob, sipping your coke - it ain't my problem. Maybe be more careful when the turf is dangerous and you won't find yourself eating dirt in 2 seconds flat. I kept the bail from the double Sin attack in the video cause it was a pretty brutal attack to make it alive from. Nearly 2 assassins full set of bleeds on you with no way to cure them.
    thats great dude but you just made a ****ty pvp video of you running away from rank 4s and then ganking 50% hp dudes

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    Fight a pyro/ dom
    wish there was a r8 chloro/dom, doubt he would have burnt through em so fast

Rogues are so hard to play. How could you get that many killz?
    2014. Where will you be?

So is this how you pretend Assassin is viable?

A Nightblade can take down the healer with 5 players beating on you. Who do you think is more important.

thats great dude but you just made a ****ty pvp video of you running away from rank 4s and then ganking 50% hp dudes
    How do you even know what rank they were? They are enemies that you catch a glimpse of for like 2s. For what it's worth the video was about 7 1/2 minutes, you are describing maybe ~15s of it. Sorry, I just recorded everybody who died last night. I don't care how you died, but I recorded just about all the deaths I remembered to hit record for. You seem stuck on/mad at the fact I used slip away to...I dunno, SURVIVE A 3 ON 1 AFTER i GET ATTACKED BY 2 ASSASSINS AT ONCE. I'm sure if it was you making the video that would have just been a deleted scene cause you would have gotten smoked and not even lived the moment out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    So is this how you pretend Assassin is viable?

A Nightblade can take down the healer with 5 players beating on you. Who do you think is more important.

Uhh, an assassin kills people in over worlds and lives. That is how an assassin is viable. A nightblade would have found itself in a handful of gang-bangs and 3 - 4 v 1 massacres if I tried to do the same things in my NB spec. Nightblade is a great soul to use in a WF though or with a healer combo. Not worth it if your soloing around over worlds and actually want to not die.

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    wish there was a r8 chloro/dom, doubt he would have burnt through em so fast

Just another mage to me, they all wear cloth and don't parry/dodge a thing I hit them with. I'd burn through it just as fast, I might actually have to hit cleanse soul though. Half the time I don't even need that with mages cause they all flop in 2 - 5s when i'm Sin ganking :|
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-27-2011 at 06:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast