+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: eradicate question for rogues

Rift Disciple

Default eradicate question for rogues

do you guys designate the lowest geared MM in a WF to focus eradicate ur p8 warriors target or just love hitting that remove all buffs button on people? =O

also, since its not on a CD like every other classes purge. what would u say if trion made it have a CD?

thoughts, questions, concerns?

lets hear it from rogue's perspective.

gogo =P

Banned

To use it effectively you need to pair up with someone that can actually do damage, like a mage. The rogue does what they do best and be annoying from a distance, hopefully dsitracting them so some caster type can actually kill the target and have fun doing it, just as Trion intends for physical damage classes.

Plane Walker

It is on a cool down, the Global cool down.

As mentioned you do 0 dps.

I have never in all the time I have been in warfronts ever seen anyone assign anyone else a job. Seen a few people try and get told where to go.

For Organised guild raids, then doubtful, it is much better that all rangers do it.

You can also miss, be dodged and parried (possibly blocked not 100%) on the Eradicate.

For me in Warfronts I spend I would say, 50% of my time casting eradicate. I tend to use it mainly on RS type rogues and HoT healing clerics.

Without Eradicate on those two classes they would both need massive nerfing.

Now I am quite happy to see that happen, a good 40% reduction in survivability for the Rogue and a good 40% reduction in healing for the cleric would be fine, then I think you could quite easily put Eradicate on a 100% success, 3-5 buffs removed, 6 sec cool down.

As it stands, the game needs eradicate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Imbaslap View Post
    do you guys designate the lowest geared MM in a WF to focus eradicate ur p8 warriors target or just love hitting that remove all buffs button on people? =O

also, since its not on a CD like every other classes purge. what would u say if trion made it have a CD?

thoughts, questions, concerns?

lets hear it from rogue's perspective.

gogo =P
    How many times have we been here for noobs.....

it does 0 damage and builds 0 cps. Eradicate will not kill you.

Its a 44 point spend - compared to other classes 10-15(ish) spend.

it is a complete non issue.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    How many times have we been here for noobs.....

it does 0 damage and builds 0 cps. Eradicate will not kill you.

Its a 44 point spend - compared to other classes 10-15(ish) spend.

it is a complete non issue.

Eradicate needs a cool down....your 0 damage argument still stands if you do 0 damage every 5-10 sec.

I wish they would have removed the skill altogether. I am rogue and even I think it is a BS ability.
    formerly - Acedia/Poeia/lol/level

liil

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KMFDM View Post
    Eradicate needs a cool down....your 0 damage argument still stands if you do 0 damage every 5-10 sec.

I wish they would have removed the skill altogether. I am rogue and even I think it is a BS ability.
    i would have no issue with a cd at <10 points spent.

Its fine as is. took about a week for those half decent players to adjust and counter. You can put hots up faster than a MM can strip them.

Without Eradicate and healing debuffs, warfronts that are healer heavy would be impossible to beat. Right now it is possible to win if your side has 0-2 healers going up against a side that has 5+ healers. It isn't easy, but it can be done. Take Eradicate the way it is now away, and that possibility will go away. Whether people like it or not, Eradicate is needed in Rift warfront PvP.

Yes it sucks when you're on the receiving end of it, we've all had our buffs stripped at the worse possible times, but just imagine how many games that you won, you would have lost had you not had a MM or 2 Eradicating key targets to make that win possible.
    Last edited by -Shiva-; 12-27-2011 at 07:56 AM.

people who complain about eradicate are the same people you only have to debuff once until they die. Meaning they never check/bother to rebuff unless they are at the spawn point.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    i would have no issue with a cd at <10 points spent.

Its fine as is. took about a week for those half decent players to adjust and counter. You can put hots up faster than a MM can strip them.
    lol would love to see u get up a four stack hot of soothing stream xd

serious... an eridacting rogue on me... is dead me!

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionitro View Post

serious... an eridacting rogue on me (plus a r8 dps)... is dead me in ~10GCDs if no other healers are around!
    fixed .
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 12-27-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bionitro View Post
    lol would love to see u get up a four stack hot of soothing stream xd

serious... an eridacting rogue on me... is dead me!
    That is a lie. A rogue eradicating you does NO damage. How did you die from zero point damage? Jump off a cliff?

Eradicate is fine. It is a 44 point investment. It is on a GCD. It does zero damage. It puts us in a gimp spec that if you walk by and fart, we die. To think that it is part of a uber DPS spec that is going to wtfpwn you is a fallacy. It is part of a spec to be an annoyance from range, aka, a UTILITY spec.

For me, when I target someone and see all their buffs, yep, I strip them. If I see no buffs on them, see their HP and determine what they are and spec, then I determine if I am going to RUN or try and kill them.

I think his point was that if a rogue eradicates all his HoTs its easier for him to die.

I would like an eradicate ability.
    As it stands its really one of the only useful purging abilities in PvP

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by KMFDM View Post

Course you do, without it RS rogues are insanely difficult to kill, specially the builds with Blackout, 50% heal and the other defensive abilities, coupled with Guardian phase, plus any sort of half-awake healer within 5 minutes.

Same goes for HoT casting Clerics, they would need 5 people to kill them, at least with Eradicate it only takes 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Daayou View Post
    That is a lie. A rogue eradicating you does NO damage. How did you die from zero point damage? Jump off a cliff?

Eradicate is fine. It is a 44 point investment. It is on a GCD. It does zero damage. It puts us in a gimp spec that if you walk by and fart, we die. To think that it is part of a uber DPS spec that is going to wtfpwn you is a fallacy. It is part of a spec to be an annoyance from range, aka, a UTILITY spec.

For me, when I target someone and see all their buffs, yep, I strip them. If I see no buffs on them, see their HP and determine what they are and spec, then I determine if I am going to RUN or try and kill them.
    I think ur picking my post up wrong ^^

As I meant, I'm a healer, and I should be able to withstand some incoming dmg.
    Otherwise I could be a DPS'er just as good...

So, what I mean is, when a rogue is spamming eridicate on me I go down immediatly... with the normal dmg that I can withstand....

So did u got it now?

ps. don't call ppl liars.. they tend, to not like u after u've done so.... not me tho! I'm a healer, I'm gentle by heart!
    Last edited by Bionitro; 12-27-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

Eradicate has its moments, I can't say I use it a lot. Maybe I should use it more? Meh, i use it mostly for crutch moments when I feel like the buffs are carrying the person hard. Like when I see a mage pop the 80% dmg reduction temp, I will probably eradicate it instead of wasting my next several attacks doing crap damage. Honestly the paradox is, if someone is newb spamming eradicate, they might get lucky and spawn eradicate the right person time to time. A good player probably doesn't use eradicate immensely but they have awareness of what buffs are worth using the ability over. The idea of hopping into a warfront and pew'ing everyone with eradicate asap though is just loony, that will yield more annoyance than it will actual results for your team. If you are a MM spec'd that high, you are also capable of doing some steady pain, so when you eradicate you are forging over some solid damage output to drop those buffs.

I wouldn't make a fuss if it got a 10s reuse or so. I would say make it 30s reuse and give it a little more umph but I don't think damage is the intention of most the abilities in that spot for souls trees. Seems a spot reserved for CC-ish type abilities.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast