+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Acesfool
  • 1 Post By Licentia

Thread: PvP Tears Vol. 3

Champion

Default PvP Tears Vol. 3

The ongoing diary of a PvE'er trying to get into PvP. (Mostly cuz there is a giant axe at the end that warriors dig, jah here?)

So bust out the sponges, mops, and fire up the coastal evacuation plan B... incoming tsunami.

1) Why is my axe at the end of this grind, usable in PvE? Oh right, to convince people like me to PvP...

2) Love the ranking up methodology: Winner gets 2-4 times more prestige than the losers, thus guaranteeing 5 months of unbalanced play. Perfect!!!

3) When the next round of server mergers commences, can we NOT put PvP and PvE shards together? Just a thought... Oh wait, you did that so scrubs like me get a good lesson in how to loose to premades and get ROFLstomped 4,000 times. It builds character.

At's it. Said 1,000 times by others but the poo-fest remains.

Bright side! I only have to die about 400 more matches until I get R8.

I did not play the last 6 weeks, so even more behind than regular, behind. Post mostly made in jest, but I sure do wish things would get adjusted a bit.Yes, I play warrior. And thanks for the numerous nerf bats, I am now 100% aware of what it feels like to be a useless downtrodden class! I have been enlightened. R6 and counting! (barely)

uhh dude. i dung lvl 50 oct 10th. dec 20th i hit r8. dno why your cryin so hard. and i work 20hrs a weke + attend college fulltime. lol.... is all i have to say.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

just use your vet vials on pos weekends. you;ll be fine.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Ascendant

How else should the winners be compensated?? Of course they should get extra favor/prestige for winning or else people would just be afk the whole match. But I understand about the losing I also lost my way to r8 it was horrible when I was on faemist. But just grind it out until you hit rank 5/6 at least and you'll be ok

prestige/favor rewards from lost WFs were bumped eons ago already.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-26-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Gear progression and competition simply don't mix. It's been a horrible formula in every game it's ever been tried in. Trion actually has the mechanic in place to fix everything, planar attunement. Just add some pvp specific stats to it for players to choose. Or make a separate planar attunement for pvp.

Make R8 gear the standard base pvp gear and totally do away with other ranks.

From there just add runes that you can purchase to upgrade your stats. New runes become available as you open new tiers of planar attunement. But the stats provided by them isn't so huge that it allows you to just roll over new comers. It just gives you a small statistical advantage.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Feid View Post
    just use your vet vials on pos weekends. you;ll be fine.
    Idd - last scion weekend cleared 120kish prestige in 4 hours on my baby mage.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Acesfool View Post
    Gear progression and competition simply don't mix. It's been a horrible formula in every game it's ever been tried in. Trion actually has the mechanic in place to fix everything, planar attunement. Just add some pvp specific stats to it for players to choose. Or make a separate planar attunement for pvp.

Make R8 gear the standard base pvp gear and totally do away with other ranks.

From there just add runes that you can purchase to upgrade your stats. New runes become available as you open new tiers of planar attunement. But the stats provided by them isn't so huge that it allows you to just roll over new comers. It just gives you a small statistical advantage.
    I agree. The best way to make an MMO profitable, long-term, is to rid the game of any reason for people to keep playing it.

These games reward skill AND time spent. That's how you keep those monthly subs rolling, and that's how you feed your family. If you're not comfortable with this equation, find another genre.

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    I agree. The best way to make an MMO profitable, long-term, is to rid the game of any reason for people to keep playing it.

These games reward skill AND time spent. That's how you keep those monthly subs rolling, and that's how you feed your family. If you're not comfortable with this equation, find another genre.
    I'd say adding competition to the competitive part of the game would be profitable. And there'd be no need to separate players by rank. Right now it's the same old same old that you get in any other MMO. Grind to top rank, get top rank gear, sit out until next rank is available.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Acesfool View Post
    I'd say adding competition to the competitive part of the game would be profitable. And there'd be no need to separate players by rank. Right now it's the same old same old that you get in any other MMO. Grind to top rank, get top rank gear, sit out until next rank is available.
    Yes, that is a problem. It keeps coming to me that the more successful PvP MMO's (EvE, DAOC, etc...) had their PvP at least partially tied to the player economies. Maybe that's the direction more MMO's could take.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Feid View Post
    uhh dude. i dung

My advice is join Warfronts any time OTHER than the weekends. Weekend warfronts are RUBBISH.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

+ Reply to Thread