+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Do I stay or Do I go Now?

Soulwalker

Default Do I stay or Do I go Now?

I love pvp but im geared r8 so is there any point to the game left for me? Dungeons not for me if i wanted to grind Dungeons i would play wow like the rest of the world.

You caaaaaan level a new toon and get to r8 with every class oooor collect artifacts oooor collect all the pvp achievements oooor... something

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

Drag other ppl to P8.

you should team up with other p8's to deny the enemy faction resources, examples:

wait for a enemy RR group to form and wipe it.
    destroy enemy pvp rifts.
    assault enemy Zone event raids.

Or fight premade v premade in WF, open world.

U can do like most people and jut put rift aside till they add some pvp but u def should give swtor a try first game u can lvl make loot and get gear only pvping. I'm just prked in meridian until something happens. I'm giving trion a shot for a few months by the 1 year anniversary to do something.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

I thought the point of getting to rank 8 is to pvp? Do you really have to have a carrot hanging infront of you to do anything? You've finally got to rank, so why don't you know, pvp?
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Shield of Telara

Yah I agree if you stop pvping once you hit Rank 8 you are not a pvper. I have been rank 8 in this game forever an still pvp because thats what I like to do.

Sadly pvping for pure fun has seemed to have deteriorated these days

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    Yah I agree if you stop pvping once you hit Rank 8 you are not a pvper. I have been rank 8 in this game forever an still pvp because thats what I like to do.

This. Why does reaching rank 8 mean your PvP is absolutely done? I'm rank 8. I still PvP daily. I've been getting alternate toons ranked up to experience PvP from a different aspect. I PvP...to PvP. What more do you need?
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

People stop playing games because they cannot enjoy the game for what it is, and tend to simply enjoy the idea of progression in itself, even if that progression were to be meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post

Imo - until WFs dont reward anything but the fun involved - is when you'll be left with only those who do it for fun....no bots, no afks, etc. while thats better, it may lower numbers of those who actually play.

Why do you need other people to validate your decision. If you are having fun, keep doing what your doing, if you aren't, spend your time doing something else.

Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liii View Post
    I love pvp but im geared r8 so is there any point to the game left for me? Dungeons not for me if i wanted to grind Dungeons i would play wow like the rest of the world.
    did you not think of what you were going to do once your grind was over? did you really jus tnot enjoy pvp? lol
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Soulwalker

Default hmm not what i meant

For me pvp needs to be fun and also for me it needs to remain fresh fighting in the same warfronts over and over gets abit old for me. i grew up playing Dark age of Camelot the pvp sytem in that game was outstanding when you took a tower it mattered in the rest of the game pvp was the main point of that game. It just seems that pvp in rift does not matter much to the rest of the game oh well its just me ill see if anything changes by the time i get my alt leveled.

The only reason I hit p6 was for the sexy look of the gear, remember....rogue gear was effing horrible at that point.
    Then p8 came out, and it was BIS until full relic gear, so had to do that...
    Now that I am p8 open world is more fun, and the off chances I do pvp when im not pve'ing...it is really fun doing wfs.
    I could imagine having 5 different pvp specs and doing WFs all day with other p8 friends would be really fun.

Kill people..

Well I guess to be real..things I did once I hit r8..

- Finished up all my pvp factions. Also maxed out Mathos faction finally for the belt rune and mount.
    - Farm plat from rifts/chronicles etc.
    - Do zone events and work on either a hybrid/pure pve stat essence core and then make an alternate full pvp essence core. Sometimes the pure stat one is nice and sometimes the stacked valor is.
    - low stress alts that you take your time on knowing you have a nice maxed toon.
    - make videos of you in action
    - stop que'ing up for all the WF's and start being more picky and queing for your more favorite ones

Sure theres more, thats what I came up with in about 5 min while I ate Taco Bell. Just my flavor though, don't know what you're into.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast