+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Here is a suggested fix to healing you can all cry about

Plane Walker

Default Here is a suggested fix to healing you can all cry about

Healing in Open World PvP is beyond ridiculous.

So here is a simple fix that can be done without ruining the life of healers.

Make it so that any heal cast by the healer on themselves, outside of Warfronts, only heals for 50%. That +50% healing debuff might make healers less ridiculous in Open World Rift.

This does not mean that any heal hitting a healer is 50%, only the heals they cast on themselves.

Thus if another healer casts a heal on that healer, it heals for the full 100%.

At the moment healers can heal 400%+ of their HP without any problem, a 50% heal debuff only limits that to 200% of their HP, this means that in any battle it requires more than 2 people to kill a single healer.

No one should be immortal to another player.

It will still be hard to kill a healer, solo, but it will be doable.

Oh and please don't say that the game isn't balanced 1vs1 if that is the case then remove ALL Open World PvP....either that or accept that there needs to be at least some balance between ALL the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakanish View Post
    Healing in Open World PvP is beyond ridiculous.

So here is a simple fix that can be done without ruining the life of healers.

Make it so that any heal cast by the healer on themselves, outside of Warfronts, only heals for 50%. That +50% healing debuff might make healers less ridiculous in Open World Rift.

This does not mean that any heal hitting a healer is 50%, only the heals they cast on themselves.

Thus if another healer casts a heal on that healer, it heals for the full 100%.

At the moment healers can heal 400%+ of their HP without any problem, a 50% heal debuff only limits that to 200% of their HP, this means that in any battle it requires more than 2 people to kill a single healer.

No one should be immortal to another player.

It will still be hard to kill a healer, solo, but it will be doable.

Oh and please don't say that the game isn't balanced 1vs1 if that is the case then remove ALL Open World PvP....either that or accept that there needs to be at least some balance between ALL the classes.
    I'm going to quote this one healer i knew but quit because they got nerfed into the ground already. "Whats the point of healing if i cant keep myself alive to heal everyone else?" and im going to end that with, i know rogues who can 1v1 healers... unless of course if they were to do this then why not just give everyone self heals so when they die they can QQ to themselves for not healing themselves

Healers are way op with their heals ..Rift is the only game that make possible ,that a healer to fight 2 or 3 players ...
    Last edited by Cyborg; 12-26-2011 at 08:11 AM.

most of the healing QQ is clerics. i chased a healer with another dps from center of WF yesterday to watch him go from 1k h in 1 2s cast go from 1k-full hp 6.5k

how is this right? If your running aspec that dosnt have a heal debuff you might as well not be pvping. which is bs.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Every single one of you are idiots. I saw a thread about someone complaining that clerics don't heal enough, and now you want us to have a debuff? How about you worry about your OWN class for once and stop peeking over the fence. Ffs.
    2014. Where will you be?

A healer should rely on his DPS just as much as a DPS relies on his healer.

But Clerics HATE hearing that.
    ~Quiescent

Meh, healing isn't that over the top. Even the classes who 'can't heal' have their ways of staying alive and personal safety nets. A healer/mage is pretty much in till somebody dies or someone steps out. They can't run, they don't have that many amazing IM GOD FOR 5s temps (least none that they've used on me).

Given two equal ranks, a pure healer and pure dps fight would probably end with the healer running out of mana, or the DPS having 0 means of getting more hp for themself and dying after 1 minute or more.

Good healers can give some team mates amazing survivability, but it's nothing untouchable.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-26-2011 at 10:08 AM.

I have problems killing warriors on my mage sometimes, does that mean they should get an armor debuff in Open World PvP?
    2014. Where will you be?

They should leave their healing and nerf their damage imo. Then some clerics might actually heal.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

...because about 50% of pug healing for me at least turns out to this exact scene:
    Running around, healing.
    *Sin or whatever pops out of nowhere* - oh hai! surpr~ise!
    Our dpses running 5 meters away from me getting pummeled by that pesky, glaring at that and moving along. Guess what? I'm either dead(if that's rogue or wqrriqr who's well known for his\her hard-hitting) or our lovely duet reaches my team position where nuisance finally shakes off.
    Then daily scoreboard general start his argumented and fully respectful complaints about healing.
    Jesus.
    I damn agree with clerics here.
    And no nerfing or buffing will ever solve that.

yes this is qq a bit

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Esphryl View Post
    I have problems killing warriors on my mage sometimes, does that mean they should get an armor debuff in Open World PvP?
    Notice the optimum word there..."sometimes"

For DPS classes it is impossible to kill a Healer, even with a Heal Debuff, solo.

That is stupid. NO class should be impossible to kill by other players.

I agree that it should be HARD to kill a cleric, but it should be doable. No class should be immortal vs other equally geared players.

the sad part is u lost to a healer 1v1 and ur dps trion def nerf healers for this guy
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

For DPS classes it is impossible to kill a Healer, even with a Heal Debuff, solo.

That is stupid. NO class should be impossible to kill by other players.

I agree that it should be HARD to kill a cleric, but it should be doable. No class should be immortal vs other equally geared players.
    We're not immortal. I get wrecked by EVERYONE on my cleric in the P3-P6 bracket.

I go down like cement in water, hence not immune. Stop crying for gods sake.

I think we should nerf mages cause their DPS is to good...

And rogues because they just stunlock you and burn you down in 2.3 seconds.

Oh and then Warriors! Because they can have 8k+ hp and still do good DPS...

THEN you can NERF CLERICS for doing what they were intended to do.

So did you think about what would happen when your in open world PvP and you need to be healed? Cause just having this debuff applied to the cleric itself would be silly, no no... Everyone else has to get the -50% healing taken. Hmm?
    2014. Where will you be?

Hilarious.

Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Feid View Post
    most of the healing QQ is clerics. i chased a healer with another dps from center of WF yesterday to watch him go from 1k h in 1 2s cast go from 1k-full hp 6.5k

how is this right? If your running aspec that dosnt have a heal debuff you might as well not be pvping. which is bs.
    Deluge? Lol what 2 second cast are you talking about? In any event, the problem is that you allowed him to finish the cast. Player error

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    A healer should rely on his DPS just as much as a DPS relies on his healer.

As a dps, what exactly will you do to prevent me from dying? If the opponent has higher damage than you, then you cant do anything. You cant heal me. CC? Break. Then again, even with CC, after DR, what can you do, when you still, cant out dps them?

There is nothing a dps can do to keep a healer alive unless that healer assist by healing himself. I didnt know what was such a hard concept.

But lets play your game. Increase all dps HP by 3k, reduce defenses by 50%, make 3 second heals 2 second heals, and disable all non healer heals in pvp combat. Disable damage reducers in pvp that does not come from a healer.

If we have to depend on you to stay alive, then whatever survivability you have should be revoked.

Fun right?

I kill healers as a dps without healing debuff. Youre bad.
    Last edited by Eughe; 12-26-2011 at 05:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast